“Cute restaurant , food is good but not amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Cute restaurant , food is good but not amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited this cute restaurant- it was really nice - first courses about 70-85 Pessos and the mains are 110-140. We took the shrimp and avocado starter- was tasty and the trout ceviche was way too salty and soaked in lemon. Not a great dish . For the mains we took the trout ( over done and nothing special) and the meat tortellini( I didn't try it) .they had a few gluten free option and said they had a gluten free pasta( store bought and they don't remember the brand). Overall- nice meal but don't expect anything special, an average good restaurant and that's it

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We LOVED it here! We were able to charge it to our room at Llao Llao, and the owner of the restaurant came and picked us up and brought us home. The place itself is charming and romantic, with rose petals on the table, candles, etc. The plants, landscaping, etc is fabulous. We loved our meal and we loved the experience----don't miss the creme brulee for dessert!

• Visited March 2013
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful meal, adorable setting, and excellent service. Complimentary car service from Llao Llao resort and a very nice change of scenery. The shrimp & avocado starter was simple, but impeccable. And the pastas are incredible. Ambiance is really cute as well.

Oakland, California
“Excellent experience here in Jan 2013!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food here was fresh and delicious. It was to San Francisco foodie standards, even! And one of the most romantic looking places I've ever been in, with the dim lighting, candles, rose petals from the garden scattered on the tables, and extraordinary service. I splurged here and treated myself to a full meal with dessert and some excellent vino. The nice thing abou tthis place for solo travelers is they don't limit your glass of wine to the house wine - they opened whatever bottle I wanted, and poured me a glass. I didn't have this experience anywhere else in Argentina. Much appreciated!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average food, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Staying in Arelauquen, drove 30' to Il Gabbiano because I had been there in 2008 and it had been amazing, this time, the experience was not a pleasant one. It took a long time for the waiter to take our orders and we had to remind him to take our drinks order. The food was average, the only choice of second that wasn't pasta was a fish dish (abadejo) so covered with tomato sauce and parsley that you could barely taste it, with a side of potatos that were raw and cold. I tried it and didn't like it so I wouldn't eat it. I didn't want to make a fuss so I didn't send the dish back to the kitchen. I was offed another dish in exchange but I kindly declined, given that I didn't want to eat pasta. We were poorly served during dinner, waiters changed half way, they wouldn't pour the wine which was placed on a side table. When I saw the bill I was surprised to see that they charged us for the fish dish that wasn't eaten. As we we leaving I asked to speak with the manager to give him feedback. Spoke with a man (I understand the restaurant owner) who acknowledged that we had been poorly served and said that charging for the fish had been a mistake, however he didn't offer a cash refund!?

• Visited January 2013