“I can't wait to go back” 4 of 5 stars

You added Casita Suiza to your Saves list
Casita Suiza
Quaglia 342, San Carlos de Bariloche 8400, Argentina   |
Bishop, California
“I can't wait to go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very quiet despite the convenient downtown location and it's only a few minutes walk to the bus stop. Comfortable and clean rooms, with a very nice breakfast buffet and very helpful and friendly staff. Great value, too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

We booked one night in this hotel after reading a recommendation in Fodor's Argentina and 2 favourable reviews on trip advisor. We had less than 24 hours in Bariloche, and no car, so it's proximity to downtown sights was the reason we selected this hotel. The price ($80 for double room) seemed reasonable - or so we thought. The room itself was a bit dingy on arrival, lots of wood paneling and 70's style heavy orange curtains. The bathroom(s) were odd - the bathtub, shower and basin in one room, and the toilet and another basin in another. Not the best design. However, given the short length of our stay and the ok price, we decided to stay. I wish we hadn't. In the early hours of the morning I woke up to discover a bug in the bed. Given the hour, and the fact that we were rushing to get an early morning flight, I didn't request to change rooms, or have the opportunity to report this to the hotel. I didn't notice any bites etc for the next 7 days. However, last night my body became covered in huge bites, which, when I visited my doctor, were diagosed as most likely to be the work of bed bugs. She confirmed that a reaction can take up to 9 days to appear, so I am positive that I owe my current itchy, painful and ugly condition to the additional occupants of our bed at Casita Suiza. This hotel needs to call pest control ASAP. GROSS.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed bugs
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Holland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Very nice hosteria in the centre of Bariloche. Nice, bit old fashioned and standard rooms, but very clean. Also it has a great restaurant (swiss oriented food like cheese fondue). It is not anexpensive hotel, around 55 US dollars per night, and really worth the money.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Casita Suiza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casita Suiza

Address: Quaglia 342, San Carlos de Bariloche 8400, Argentina
Location: Argentina > Patagonia > Province of Rio Negro > San Carlos de Bariloche
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out
Ranked #39 of 108 B&Bs / Inns in San Carlos de Bariloche
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casita Suiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Casita Suiza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.