“Charming hotel. Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hosteria La Posta del Cazador

You added Hosteria La Posta del Cazador to your Saves list
Hosteria La Posta del Cazador
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. San Martin 175, San Martin de los Andes 8370, Argentina   |
Incline Village, Nevada
“Charming hotel. Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The innkeepers in this place are friendly, helpful, delightful people. It is a great location - just a block from the lake and a few blocks from the center of town. Breakfast is good. Rooms are OK. Great value for the price

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Staff go out of their way to help without being intrusive. Breakfast Is great. Rooms are clean. View of lake from room 112.quiet location yet only four blocks from centre.

• Stayed April 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Appears to be family run, and they go out of the way to make you feel comfortable, like helping with your luggage to the car. They said, "you will not do any work here!" The room was cozy and clean, location is fantastic and a wonderful value. You couldn't ask for more at this price point. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great peoples, room and normal not a great room but confortables. Breadkfast are tremendus. The hotel location is great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

The first day we arrived, we realized that the cold water from the bathtub was not working properly. As they needed time to repair it, they offered us to spend our first night in the suite room!!! So kind of them. We live a very familiar atmosphere, everyone there is very friendly and always are well predisposed to help. Breakfast is one of the most delicious i have eaten in my life. Its very complete and its homemade and 100% quality, you can request a re-fill as many times as you want. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a night in August 2010. The hotel is more of a guesthouse/B&B than a hotel in style. The design is very Alpine/snow lodge and it perfectly suited the environment. Our room had beams in the ceiling and it was a great location to watch the snow coming down. We had a view of the lake from our room but it was over several other buildings. The room was clean and comfortable but definietly not modern.
The people were fantastic. I only remember Lucas´name (Boca fan) bur everybody made us feel so welcome. As we were checking out (early check out - be warned it´s 10 o´clock) we were asked to stay for breakfast which we hadn´t realised was included. The food and company was great.
I always take these ´great people´ reviews with a pinch of salt but it was definitely the case here. Great value as well considering it´s quite an affluent town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

La Posta Del Cazador

I stayed at La Posta Del Cazador in San Martin De Los Andes for 3 nights in March, 2008. I loved the people who worked there. Though I spoke very little Spanish, they tried to speak Spanish with me and when I didn’t understand they switched to English. Only a few spoke a lot of English, but everyone would try. The breakfast was fantastic! They did not have the seemingly standard hotel breakfast of cereal, teas, fruits, and bread. They cooked me scrambled eggs – the first time I found eggs for breakfast in Argentina! They also had scones or the sweet kind of “pancakes” they are common in Argentina. But, more than the food, it was their attitude that was terrific. They were extremely warm and jovial all of the time and I really enjoyed the presence of the staff at the hotel.

Unfortunately, overall, I didn’t care for the hotel. I felt like I paid far too much for a room that was extremely, extremely small, cramped, and dank. It felt like a cell. There was only a shower – no tub in the bathroom and there was the sound of running plumbing in my room all night long. The television is tiny and suspended from the ceiling in a very unpleasant, neck wrenching way. The linens were old and one of my pillow cases had a cigarette burn. The lobby of the hotel is quite pretty with a lot of exposed wood and quaint ‘lodge’ styling. However, the seating is horrible. They have benches that are made from trees and look quite nice, but if you sit in them for more than five minutes you will curse them. Though the lobby looks nice, you can’t comfortably enjoy it for more than just a pass through. They did have a great old cat that I fell in love with.

For me, since I am traveling and working at the same time, internet access is very important. They do have wifi, but only in the lobby (with the horrible benches) so I found it frustrating that I was never comfortable while working.

As much as I wanted to like the place because of the people, I can’t recommend it. I actually left after my three booked nights even though I was staying in San Martin de los Andes for two more days. Instead, I moved to Cabanas Marias where I got an entire two bedroom cabana with huge windows on the lake for less than the price of my stay at La Posta Del Cazador.

You can see pictures of the room on my blog here: [--]

And you can see my general blog here: [--]

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The room quality
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hosteria La Posta del Cazador? Share your experiences!