“Here now - nice, but problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dazzler Puerto Madryn

You added Dazzler Puerto Madryn to your Saves list
Dazzler Puerto Madryn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Almirante Brown 637, Puerto Madryn, Argentina   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Madryn
Raleigh, NC
“Here now - nice, but problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My daughter and I are staying here right now, as we speak. It's our first night of 3, and I'm a little afraid of nights 2 and 3. The room is nice enough - large, comfortable...but the air conditioning is central, meaning no individual control in the room, and it's HOT in here. I've called twice and they said they'd "check into it" but it's still hot. If my daughter wasn't already asleep I'd ask to change rooms. The staff is VERY nice, but if the room is not comfortable, no amount of kindness can help.

The wifi here is also very slow. Can't even complete a FaceTime call to my wife (audio, not video - audio only doesn't use up much bandwidth but the wifi is still too slow to even do that) so my daughter is not able to speak to her mother who's in Brazil on business :(

Next, the shower - it has only about half the opening covered. There is a half size swinging door there that covers it but leaves the other half open, so water sprays into the bathroom regardless of how you position the shower head.

I'm sure this is normal for Argentina, but I wish they had bath tubs and washcloths (typical USA type hotels do) for bathing small children. My daughter is only 4 and not really used to taking a shower, but we made it work.

The location is great - right across the street from the beach (be careful - I saw other reviews that said it was "on" the beach, but to me that means you can leave the hotel and walk to sand without crossing a street which is not the case here). Lots of restaurants and shops nearby and it seems safe enough.

The beach is not quite what I'd call clean - lots of cigarette butts, bottle caps, and other misc junk in the sand, but my daughter loved it and she had fun so I guess that's what counts.

Tomorrow I plan to speak to the staff about the air con issue and get a different room. As I write this I'm sprawled out on top of my covers and still roasting hot. My daughter, who normally sleeps in pajamas, complained it was too hot and is only in her underwear now. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon.

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works if its hot outside. Also ask for a sea view higher up in the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The room was very spacious compare to other hotels in Argentina. Hotel looked recently renovated. New carpets, new furniture, new elevators and reception area. All looked new.
Breakfast was just fine. Staff very helpful.
Location is very good: just 2 mins from the main avenue where all restaurants and stores are, and right on the boardwalk.
We had sea view room. What a nice view!
They accept US dollars, but only at official rate. But there is a exchange office just 5 minutes walk where you can get real rate.
We had a dinner at Placibo restaurant, just 5 minutes walk. I would recommend it. As also we have had a dinner in No 3 rated at Tripadvisor restaurant - this was not as good as at Plaibo.

Room Tip: Rooms on 8th floor have sea view balconies.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Solid hotel...nothing fancy but good location, clean rooms, reasonable price, and friendly staff. Only complaint was that I think our floor was recently renovated so our room had a strong paint smell.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Dirección at Dazzler Puerto Madryn, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice comments.

We are very sorry for the problems you have encountered during you stay in your room.
We have closely looked into the issues you have brought to light.

Best regards,
Herzliyya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel dazzler puerto Madryn in Argentina. Two hours After checking out we realized that we forgot a brand new coat at the room. We called the hotel and the front desk assured us that they found the coat and they will ship it to our contact person in Buenos Aires. We left Argentina the next day assuming that the coat will be returned to us. As of today we never received our coat back. So be careful not to leave any thing at this hotel since most likely you won't see it again

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shaul D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are very sorry for the problems you have encountered upon check out.

We have closely looked into the issues you have brought to light and would welcome if you could please write us at frontdesk@dazzlerpuertomadryn.com so that we may get your contact number and call you directly.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We only stayed one night in Puerto Madryn and I can't remember why I initially chose the Dazzler Hotel, but what a nice night it was! For a hotel that is right on the beach, the cost was surprisingly inexpensive (for American standards) and the room was pretty big. Definitely enough room to spread out. The hotel lobby was small but chic with purple accents. The front desk people were very welcoming and helpful. Our room had a great view of the ocean and beach!

My husband and I walked along the beach and had a late lunch at a pretty bad restaurant. So that evening, we were tired from a long drive that day and wanted to keep it simple, so we ate in the hotel restaurant. Really good food and service! I really wasn't expecting that so it was a nice outcome.

The only downside was that the 2 computers in the lobby that we could have used for free were unavailable because the internet wasn't working, and no wifi either (something wrong with their IP), so I had to go to an internet cafe. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jojoyo,

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Dazzler Hotel Puerto Madryn.
We are delighted to know that you find our staff professional and friendly and that you enjoyed our very convenient location in the heart of Puerto Madryn.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 and used it as a base for exploring the surrounding area. The hotel is well located, the staff helpful and the room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was good (the standard cereals, fruit, eggs and pastries) and overall we'd recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simon,

Thank you for writing such a positive review at the Dazzler Puerto Madryn.

We are delighted that you had a great experience, appreciated the staff’s professionalism and enjoyed our different amenities.

Best regards,
Wasserburg am Inn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We (4 adults in two rooms) stayed for one night in the Dazzler in Puerto Madryn.

How to get there:
Bus station is a short walk of 10 to 15 minutes from the hotel. You don't need a taxi.

Rooms:
Really beautiful and very spacious. We had the classic double room unfortunately not with sea view. Rooms been very clean and with a great bathroom. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Service:
Very kind and helpful. Leaving the luggage at the hotel until our departure was no problem at all. They also helped us booking our next hotel in Iguazu. Really good.

Breakfast:
There was everything you need and you can watch the whales while drinking your coffee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dazzler Puerto Madryn? Share your experiences!