“Perfectly good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Salta
Scotland
“Perfectly good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night in Sept 2012. Check-in was prompt and easy, the room was spacious and clean with a lovely view over Salta. Breakfast was included and it was a self service buffet which was nice. The location is great, in walking distance to all the main sights in Salta as well as some very good restaurants. The only down side was the rather noisy neighbours we had... we could ehar their TV until quite late, I dont know if it was thin walls or particularly loud people that was the problem. However, I would happily reccomend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Managenet, Director General at Alejandro I Hotel International Salta, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Supe_P_Scotland,

We thank you for your comments in great shape they enrich us and help us to improve on every aspect of you mentioned. We strive to improve and appreciate your valuable input. I send warm greetings on behalf of the entire staff of the hotel. Sincerely,

Juan Manuel Lavallen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Scot on the run
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First the good. Excellent room; stylish, spacious and comfortable. Great location, right in the centre of town, 5 minutes to Plaza 9 de Julio. Efficient; good with ordering taxis (remise), handling luggage etc. Excellent laundry service. The not so good; cancelled our room keys and internet access on day two of three day booking; no explanation, no apology. Pool and gym full of regulars, no lockers. Some of staff, particularly female receptionists, afflicted with five star hubris - of the "you're lucky I'm letting you stay here type". A pity; a bit of attention to detail and this could really be a five star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Macbryne,

Thank you for your review about the hotel is very important for us to know the mistakes we make. Accept our apologize for the inconvenience with female staff at Front Desk and the trouble with the room key and internet code. Thanks again for your review and we are we waiting for you during your next trip to Salta city.
Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights in Salta at the Alejandro Primero Hotel, and were very satisfied with the room and service. Salta was a nice change from Buenos Aires, and all the sights in Salta are just a walk away from the hotel. The room was a good size, modern, clean, with a very nice bathroom. We stayed on a high floor, which is always an advantage from a noise perspective, and had the added advantage of nice views over the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MIke_A_1954,

We really felt pleased with their comments about the hotel and motivates us to be working to provide the excellent quality of service that you and each of our guests deserve. Hoping to regain your distinguished presence in the near future will send our best wishes. Regards,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Expensive hotel, but very good quality makes up for it. Very clean and comfortable room with great service to add an additional bed without any fuss whatsoever.

Great breakfast in the restaurant.

On-site parking is done only by the staff and they kept the keys overnight, which was a small hassle for just going down to the car to get something I'd forgotten, but it's not the end of the world.

There were plenty of other hotels in the vicinity that were charging only a bit less, but for a much lower quality experience.

I was a bit worried with the window and window ledge. The window could be opened widely and it wouldn't be much to imagine a small child climbing up on to the ledge. Something to consider.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ryanar70,

We greatly appreciate your comments about your stay at the hotel which always help us to know about our mistakes and how we can improve our services, likewindows. Thanks again for your review and we are we waiting for you during your next trip to Salta city.

south Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Salta has it all, It is all accesible from Alejandro.

The rooms were fantastic. Spacious high spec and well maintained.
Bathroom was just great.

Hotel service was what you would expect for the rating, very attentive and multi lingual.

Have stayed in better 5 star property however (far more expensive) the price here was very reasonable and great value for money.

Breatfast was abundant, plenty of choices and chef station a nice touch.

Wifi was also very good throughout.

Pool area was great and many natinal football players taking a dip

Just right for the price. would recommend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Managenet, Director General at Alejandro I Hotel International Salta, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Matthew1980,

We greatly appreciate your comments about your stay at the hotel, about the location, room’s decoration and the kindness of the staff and quality&price relations. Thanks again for your review and we are we waiting for you during your next trip to Salta city.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Alejandro is one of two 5 star hotels in Salta, the other is the Sheraton which I have no experience of. The Alejandro is a typical 5 star hotel with everything you would expect of that - rooms are great and the service was good. Its in a great location, very short walk to the main square. Salta is a beautiful city - a mix of Spain and Paris, all rolled up together. Make sure you head to the Museum on the main square to see one of the three almost perfectly preserved mummies - the little boy mummy looked like he might get up and walk away. Food from the restaurant was good as well, except for breakfast. As an Australian I look forward to eggs for my morning meal, and while they did have scrambled eggs on the buffet, they were inedible. I found this was common throughout my travels in South America - its not apart of their culture. Lots of pastries, meat and cheese on offer - so more traditionally European.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lee63255068,

We greatly appreciate your comments about your stay at the hotel which always help us to know about our mistakes and how we can improve our services, like breakfast service. Thanks again for your review and we are we waiting for you during your next trip to Salta city.

Curitiba, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

As any traveller, I've been pampered with all kinds of reminders of how special, how valued, how important guest I am. Unfortunately, this seems to work only in theory. In sharp contrast with the impersonal, indifferent treatment provided, all those cards declaring me a distinguished member of this or that "club", or assuring that I'm preferred among all others, can only make me laugh. It seems that all the front desk officer wants is my credit card. Not my loyalty program number.
Hotel Alejandro I was a remarkable exception. As a guest, you're not told you are at home: you really feel you are. Perfectly located, comfortable, clean, with a first class restaurant. But its most important feature is the way a guest is treated, beyond your best expectations.
Traveling with my entire family, I faced a parent's nightmare: my 18 month-old little boy suddenly developed a high fever. Having unsuccessfully tried to phone his pediatrician in my home town almost 2,000 miles away (to make matters worse, it was Sunday and Carnival), I could only ask the front desk staff for help. A very attentive young lady promptly reassured me, telling my wife and I to wait in our room because a doctor would be on his way. Half an hour later, the doctor and a paramedic arrived, prescribed antibiotics and told us the toddler would be ok in 48 hours. It was exactly what happened.
At check-out, I noticed the hotel had forgot to bill the medical assistance, and asked for the dued charge. To my upmost surprise, I was told it was a courtesy.
This was really special, wasn't it?

Room Tip: I chose the executive level, which provides splend view.