“Good value for a clean room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residencial Elena

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salta
Residencial Elena
You added Residencial Elena to your Saves list
Buenos Aires 256, Salta 4400, Argentina   |
Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Salta
London
“Good value for a clean room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We had a good night there. The rooms have a large ceiling and are in need of some renovations but it's a good value for the location and general cleanliness of the rooms and hotel.
There is also free wireless in the lobby.
The owner doesn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish but it all worked out very niceley.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Posen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

There is a big choice of cheap places to crash in Salta, so you have rights to demand from them being at least clean, right? I used my rights and demanded from the owners to clean our toilet which had the evident traces of being used, but instead I ended up being shouted at by a cleaning lady. She came to my room saying "I clean well!", I answered that I understood but maybe she missed something. Shouting at me she said "Esto no es la caca" and she wiped that thing with a white towel and showing me the content she said "You see, this is not la caca".
I understand that she didn't like the fact I told her boss she cleaned badly, but for God's sake at least be quiet and don't tell me lies.
Beside that they told us they had wireless connection, but in reality it works only in the lobby. I would expect more from a place in Argentina.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We were worried it would be loud as it is right on busy street but it's a big old building and you couldn't hear anything at night. Extremely friendly staff and the place stayed cool even when it was 40C outside. There is a book exchange and wi-fi in the lobby (although we could also connect in the first two rooms). No internet besides the wifi though. Cable TV in the rooms, a nice courtyard to hang out in out back and breakfast included (at restaurant down the block).

A little more expensive than some of the hostels (120p for a double room).

Really enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

We were coming back to Salta from Cafayate late at night and leaving for Tilcara early in the morning. We did not see the point in wasting much money on a more upscale B&B or hotel so we chose the Residencial Elena, which had good reviews in both Rough Guide and Lonely Planet. The old man that works the front desk was very sweet and friendly. Our room reminded me of trips to my grandfather's "shack" when I was a child -- the decor is old and worn with some portions of the sheets bordering on threadbare and the bathrooms are small and dingy, but hey, all you need is a bed so you can crash. They provided soap and at least the towels appeared clean. Plus, it was relatively close to the bus station and the owner happily reserved a cab to pick us up in the morning. No breakfast is provided, but for less than $30 USD, what do you expect?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Residencial Elena? Share your experiences!