“Excellent value, pleasant staff, not so good coffee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   651 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85205 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Northern NJ
“Excellent value, pleasant staff, not so good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a second floor king suite. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was really comfortable. The staff, both day and night, were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was pretty good too, BUT the coffee was not. Also, there were a lot of families staying there at the time, so a little noisy during the day/early evening. I have stayed in more expensive hotels that weren't nearly as comfortable and clean. All in all, an excellent value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gmaz256, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.
We strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one.
Thank you for the comments on the coffee, although we can't always have the perfect blend we are trying other types to satisfy our customers.
Please continue to give us feed back as this allows us to improve our product.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel has nice rooms, comfortable beds, and is well maintained. The location is in downtown Mesa (which is a bit run down) but the hotel makes up for that. One of the best things about the hotel is the daytime clerk, Nellie. She is a great asset to the hotel and a friend to all the guests. She offers personal service and is what the hospitality industry needs more of. This was my second time to stay at this hotel in the last 2 years and I plan to return again someday. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning to stay in the Mesa area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this property during a trip to Phoenix area. The manager, Angel, made us feel we were his only guests, even though the property was sold out. And hostel staff always made eye contact and said "Hello" when you met them in the hall, or in the breakfast area. Central to Phoenix area which worked great for us visiting Fountain Hill, Glendale, Apache Junction and Cave Creek.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many different times in the past year and thought it was a nice hotel at a good value. However I just finished three different stays in February at this Comfort Inn and the hotel is clearly slipping downhill. Most of the issues are small but they point to a distinct trend that management is not paying attention to details.
Two of three rooms I stayed in had no toilet seat cover, which may not seem like much of an issue until something drops and what would have bounced and landed on the floor arrives with a splash in the bowl. The shower curtain rods in all three different rooms I stayed in were barely hanging on as they were mounted in drywall using cheap plastic anchors that are already pulling out of the wall. Housekeeping is slacking off as well. There were shoe prints on the wall in two rooms. Liquid stains on the bedside tables that were present on arrival were never cleaned. (I wiped down part of one of the tables the first night to see if housekeeping would finish the job but never did during the entire stay.) Again two of the rooms had HORRIBLE carpet stains and ground in who knows what stains. The grout on the bathroom floors in all three rooms was very dark grey to black in the areas where people walk but biege under the counter which indicates no cleaning of the floor in a very long time.
Stay away from room numbers 122 and up on the first floor because they offer these rooms out to people with pets. I had room 122 and upon arrival I was greeted with dog hairs on my "fresh" sheets. And in addition to the general uncleanliness of the room the lamp shade in the room had glaring stains running all over it. Unknown liquid residue on the bathroom counter didn't get wiped up by housekeeping either. Again I finally did it for them. The heaters in two rooms were not responding to attempts to raise the temperature. The thermostat in one room had a low battery sign flashing on it. The safe in another room did not work because the battery was dead and couldn't be fixed "until tommorrow". Also be aware that they tack on an additional charge of $1.50 per day for the safe even if you don't use it. Having said that if you bring it to the attention of the front desk they have always removed the charge. The daytime front staff was either ambivalent or surprisingly rude but the night staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was typical for this level of hotel, really folks nothing special.
Overall I can no longer recommend this hotel unless you are traveling with pets. I saw a large collie entering room 125 so maybe no limit on size? In general the Comfort Inn Downtown Mesa is an acceptable place to stay. (I had prepaid and couldn't cancel my 2nd and 3rd stays without losing all my money which is the only reason I returned.) Will I stay here again? The cleanliness issues and lack of maintenance make me uncertain. I'm not ruling it out but I will look elsewhere first, second and third!

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms on the first floor are used for people with pets. If you don't have one y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our property.
Guest comments are important to us and I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.
We have initiated a more aggressive preventative maintenance program so that we may maintain the highest room quality.
Won't you please return and check us out I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks again for your feed back as it helps us continue to improve.
Western New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed 4 nights while visiting friends in Mesa. Clean room, great mattress! Very nice staff! Wonderful breakfasts!!!! Give it a try, we will stay there on our next visit!! They were at full capacity while we were there, but still got great service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denison, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in February, nice hotel. I would say average. Had good breakfast. We stayed here two years ago also, nice hotel for "snowbirds". A good Dairy Queen next door. A lot of pawn shops in the area, giving a sketchy type feeling, but very secure hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent Dec. 17th & 18th 2012 at this motel while our motor home was being repaired.
Our room was extremely clean and quite, the grounds were well cared for and the pool area
nice. A hot breakfast was provided and the service personnel were pleasant and accommodating
and the motel was convenient to down town Mesa. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The motel is only four or five years old so all the rooms should be pretty new.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family