I've stayed at this hotel many different times in the past year and thought it was a nice hotel at a good value. However I just finished three different stays in February at this Comfort Inn and the hotel is clearly slipping downhill. Most of the issues are small but they point to a distinct trend that management is not paying attention to details.
Two of three rooms I stayed in had no toilet seat cover, which may not seem like much of an issue until something drops and what would have bounced and landed on the floor arrives with a splash in the bowl. The shower curtain rods in all three different rooms I stayed in were barely hanging on as they were mounted in drywall using cheap plastic anchors that are already pulling out of the wall. Housekeeping is slacking off as well. There were shoe prints on the wall in two rooms. Liquid stains on the bedside tables that were present on arrival were never cleaned. (I wiped down part of one of the tables the first night to see if housekeeping would finish the job but never did during the entire stay.) Again two of the rooms had HORRIBLE carpet stains and ground in who knows what stains. The grout on the bathroom floors in all three rooms was very dark grey to black in the areas where people walk but biege under the counter which indicates no cleaning of the floor in a very long time.
Stay away from room numbers 122 and up on the first floor because they offer these rooms out to people with pets. I had room 122 and upon arrival I was greeted with dog hairs on my "fresh" sheets. And in addition to the general uncleanliness of the room the lamp shade in the room had glaring stains running all over it. Unknown liquid residue on the bathroom counter didn't get wiped up by housekeeping either. Again I finally did it for them. The heaters in two rooms were not responding to attempts to raise the temperature. The thermostat in one room had a low battery sign flashing on it. The safe in another room did not work because the battery was dead and couldn't be fixed "until tommorrow". Also be aware that they tack on an additional charge of $1.50 per day for the safe even if you don't use it. Having said that if you bring it to the attention of the front desk they have always removed the charge. The daytime front staff was either ambivalent or surprisingly rude but the night staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was typical for this level of hotel, really folks nothing special.
Overall I can no longer recommend this hotel unless you are traveling with pets. I saw a large collie entering room 125 so maybe no limit on size? In general the Comfort Inn Downtown Mesa is an acceptable place to stay. (I had prepaid and couldn't cancel my 2nd and 3rd stays without losing all my money which is the only reason I returned.) Will I stay here again? The cleanliness issues and lack of maintenance make me uncertain. I'm not ruling it out but I will look elsewhere first, second and third!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites® Downtown hotel is conveniently located near Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Apache Junction and Phoenix. This Mesa, AZ hotel is close to the Mesa Arts Center, the Mormon Temple, Mesa Amphitheater, the Mesa Convention Center and HoHoKam Stadium, home of the Chicago Cubs spring training. Both the Superstition Springs Center mall and Fiesta Mall are just minutes away.The hotel is also close to Big League Dreams Sports Park - Gilbert. The hotel is close to many events in the area, including the Insight Bowl, P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon, the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, FBR Open and the Barrett-Jackson Classic car auction.Many other notable sites in the greater Phoenix area are only a quick drive from our hotel, such as Casino Arizona, Arizona State University (ASU), US Airways Center multipurpose venue, Chase Field ballpark and the Phoenix Convention Center. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is 14 miles West and, Mesa Gateway Airport is 16 miles East. Golfers will be happy about the many golf courses located in close proximity to the hotel. The diverse selection of dining options in the surrounding area will delight visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Mesa
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Mesa
- Mesa Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Downtown