“Would not stay here again.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Wheaton, Illinois
“Would not stay here again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Lazy staff, dirty room. Location is decent but the condition of the room and lobby is terrible. When pointing out an overflowing trash can that say outside front door of hotel, the front desk person said "oh well, I will eventually get to it". Not what I expect when I got to a hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a clean location, go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dee - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. I will be working with the housekeeping staff to ensure our level of cleanliness improves.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pme@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Motel overall not really pleasent and clean.Room was OK but bathtub faucet dripped sink ran slow..Entire place needs renovation....Has nice central location close to most places and easy expressway entry

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am happy to hear that you found the location convenient and had easy access to the expressway. I aplogize for the maintenance items you mentioned in your room. I encourage feedback from our guests so that I am able to fix these types of issues. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with everything in working order. I apologize if we failed at that goal. I hope that you will come back and see us again if your travels bring you back to our area in the future so that we may have another opportunity to serve you with everything in working order.
Messina, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a great hotel for both short and extended stays - an indoor property; it's very comfortable, affordable and very quiet. And I thrive on things being quiet. They make staying at a hotel very easy because they provide almost everything you need (you just need to provide your own food) - and they provide the rest. They also aim to please and make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible. The staff is really awesome and accommodating. And they are continuing to make improvements to make it an even better place to stay....

Each room has its own kitchenette, complete with a stovetop, sink, full-size fridge and microwave - and is stocked with a few dishes and cooking equipment (and they also provide the items you need to clean the dishes). The rooms are also have wireless internet access, a flat screen tv and cable (with 2 Showtime channels).

And it's a great location - located right by a grocery store and Wal-Mart, there are several restaurants within walking distance. It is located less than 1 mile from I-60 and just a few miles from Loop 101 and I-10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Stacey - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Have stayed here on numerous occasions. Always found the desk clerks courteous and efficient. Room was pleasant, with cutlery, fridge, and kitchen facilities welcome. Not sound proof by any means, although have not experienced noisy neighbours. A/c cools the room fast....but do not expect the operation of a/c to be quiet! Room mainly used overnight, since as a long stay resident/visitor to Arizona I spent most of my time outside during the day .

Room Tip: You need to make arrangements in advance if you are going to arrive late...after 1100 pm.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

The front desk staff that I interacted with the most was very friendly and helpful! My room was very good...I like having the iron/ironing board. I like that the windows open, unlike some motels (can enjoy fresh air). The landscaping is nice. There were one or two places in the 2nd floor hallways that had an odor (masked cigarette smell?) but I did not expect perfection at this price level. There is a Frys grocery store across the street (get their customer loyalty card to save a lot - no cost and don't have to fill out a form) and several dining options within a few blocks (the pizza across the street was very good (Taste of New York?) and there are restaurants on the next cross street to the east - Country Club. High speed wireless internet was usually at 11 Mbps.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Lakeside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

We had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and were pleased with the property. On the surface, it looked the same.... However....

The room was so hot that we had to run the a/c (when it was near freezing outside.) The bed was noisy - we woke each other up turning over. The wi-fi that we paid extra for worked once, then never again. And small noises from the hallway could be heard clearly inside the room.

We didn't expect the daily service that other hotels provide - this hotel makes that clear from the start. But we were disappointed with the changes from our previous stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I really wanted to have a good experience at the
Extended Stay Hotels E15
Extended Stay America Phoenix - Mesa
455 W. Baseline Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Telephone: [--]
Fax: [--]
But from the 1st night when the desk clerk told me that she could not make change from my $100.00 in fact that night cost $73.00 and she told me that she could not give me the $27.00 back in change. So she told me that I have to walk across the street. And I must add that it was a six lane street .that I had to cross.
Then for two consist day I was refuse room services because again the desk clerk said that she was under staff. She did not even offering a brand new clean room to sleep in and then to add insult to injuries. When I requested addition coffee for the morning I was told by the same desk clerk that it would cost me an extra $1.00. I also again reminded the same desk clerk that I have not had room service for 2 days. That it meant that my coffee was never replaced. Is this a black thing or does all your white guests get treated like this? I am so disappoint at this point and do not know what my next step should be. Could you offer any suggestion?

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa? Share your experiences!