“Comfortable, Affordable, Quiet & Good Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Messina, Italy
“Comfortable, Affordable, Quiet & Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a great hotel for both short and extended stays - an indoor property; it's very comfortable, affordable and very quiet. And I thrive on things being quiet. They make staying at a hotel very easy because they provide almost everything you need (you just need to provide your own food) - and they provide the rest. They also aim to please and make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible. The staff is really awesome and accommodating. And they are continuing to make improvements to make it an even better place to stay....

Each room has its own kitchenette, complete with a stovetop, sink, full-size fridge and microwave - and is stocked with a few dishes and cooking equipment (and they also provide the items you need to clean the dishes). The rooms are also have wireless internet access, a flat screen tv and cable (with 2 Showtime channels).

And it's a great location - located right by a grocery store and Wal-Mart, there are several restaurants within walking distance. It is located less than 1 mile from I-60 and just a few miles from Loop 101 and I-10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Stacey - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Have stayed here on numerous occasions. Always found the desk clerks courteous and efficient. Room was pleasant, with cutlery, fridge, and kitchen facilities welcome. Not sound proof by any means, although have not experienced noisy neighbours. A/c cools the room fast....but do not expect the operation of a/c to be quiet! Room mainly used overnight, since as a long stay resident/visitor to Arizona I spent most of my time outside during the day .

Room Tip: You need to make arrangements in advance if you are going to arrive late...after 1100 pm.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

The front desk staff that I interacted with the most was very friendly and helpful! My room was very good...I like having the iron/ironing board. I like that the windows open, unlike some motels (can enjoy fresh air). The landscaping is nice. There were one or two places in the 2nd floor hallways that had an odor (masked cigarette smell?) but I did not expect perfection at this price level. There is a Frys grocery store across the street (get their customer loyalty card to save a lot - no cost and don't have to fill out a form) and several dining options within a few blocks (the pizza across the street was very good (Taste of New York?) and there are restaurants on the next cross street to the east - Country Club. High speed wireless internet was usually at 11 Mbps.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Lakeside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

We had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and were pleased with the property. On the surface, it looked the same.... However....

The room was so hot that we had to run the a/c (when it was near freezing outside.) The bed was noisy - we woke each other up turning over. The wi-fi that we paid extra for worked once, then never again. And small noises from the hallway could be heard clearly inside the room.

We didn't expect the daily service that other hotels provide - this hotel makes that clear from the start. But we were disappointed with the changes from our previous stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I really wanted to have a good experience at the
Extended Stay Hotels E15
Extended Stay America Phoenix - Mesa
455 W. Baseline Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Telephone: [--]
Fax: [--]
But from the 1st night when the desk clerk told me that she could not make change from my $100.00 in fact that night cost $73.00 and she told me that she could not give me the $27.00 back in change. So she told me that I have to walk across the street. And I must add that it was a six lane street .that I had to cross.
Then for two consist day I was refuse room services because again the desk clerk said that she was under staff. She did not even offering a brand new clean room to sleep in and then to add insult to injuries. When I requested addition coffee for the morning I was told by the same desk clerk that it would cost me an extra $1.00. I also again reminded the same desk clerk that I have not had room service for 2 days. That it meant that my coffee was never replaced. Is this a black thing or does all your white guests get treated like this? I am so disappoint at this point and do not know what my next step should be. Could you offer any suggestion?

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jimcrow21
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

So I booked a night with this hotel through Hotwire's mystery hotel special. I honestly didn't know what the hotel would be until after I paid and I have to say that I had some reservations about staying at an Extended Stay hotel once I found out where I was staying. I would have to say that I really jumped to my conclusion too quickly.

Got there really late but the person who was there at 3AM was very curteous. Once I got into my room I was suprised to see everything pretty clean (save for the coffee machine dispensor). There was a smokey smell to the elevator and the tenants aren't exactly the kindest looking people but what do you expect, its an extended stay hotel.

One of the things I didn't like was the fact that I requested two double beds (they weren't obligated to give me this room I guess per Hotwire's booking agreement) but was not notified that they switched me over to a single bed room. I had to call the day of my trip to find out the bad news but was told they would try to accomodate me with extra blankets and pillows. Service was very kind checking in and out.

So I'd say if you're paying less than $65 a night for a room here, its not too bad but I'm sure I wouldn't pay anything more than that. Overall a very good, clean, a nice experience with these guys and for the right price definitely a great stay for less than a week in Mesa, AZ.

• Liked — Courteous customer service
  • Disliked — Would not give me my double bed room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NoCal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Got this place via Priceline for $40 one night plus fees and taxes which equals $57, still below their listed peak Spring Training rates. Basic Extended Stay with a Fry's supermarket across the street and a Walgreens drugstore too. The Fry's has anything you want. Basic stuff like stove, fridge and microwave. AC was kinda loud, but aren't they most of the time with a low end place? Place was clean and no riff rafty types standing at the street corner nor staying at the place. Had cooking odors on the floor in the evening, but what do you expect, it's an Extended Stay.

• Liked — the Fry's supermarket across the street
  • Disliked — noisy AC
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa? Share your experiences!