“Excellent beds.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Morongo Valley, CA
“Excellent beds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Having never stayed at a Fairfield, I didn't know what to expect. The staff is courteous and helpful. It is very close to the freeway, yet very quiet. Across from the Fiesta Mall, with Mimi's and Red Lobster very close by and In and Out. We enjoyed our stay though we were there for family emergency. The rooms are efficient with micro and frig, the breakfasts are ample to start the day, but the best was the bed. I have stayed at higher end hotels whose beds were not as good as these. We will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've stayed here so many times that I've forgotten how many.But this is the first time I've reviewed it. Latest stay was July 26th. I like to stay here because the staff is always friendly. The beds are comfortable. It is clean & I feel safe there. I like to play golf next door first thing in the morning. They always have a good continental breakfast. The internet speed is ok. The tv channel selection is very good. It may be an older hotel, but it is well maintained. Also the rooms are larger than the newer hotels. It is very close to a wide variety of dining locations & shopping. Not far from the freeway (US60) ,yet off the main street , so it is quiet. Will go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Okc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice room, excellent breakfast room and choices. We felt safe and comfortable at this hotel, along with being close to everything. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel is located close to the freeway so you can get anywhere in the Phoenix area. This hotel is going to be renevated this summer. Rooms were a little worn, as was all the carpeting. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn near Fiesta Mall. I reserved two rooms for my family to stay the night due to a wedding we were attending nearby. When we got to the hotel we were informed we would need to leave a $100 deposit for each room. So we did. The room was $59 per night per room but when I checked my bank account, the hotel had authorized $90 per room. I asked them about it and they said they had no control over the authorization. The next morning as we were checking out, the staff indicated that they could not return our $100 deposits until they went and inspected the rooms for damages or items being taken. I have never been so embarrassed, or offended in my life! My family and I sat there as they inspected the rooms. Upon return, they did give back our deposit but still never returned the extra money for each room. I asked for the corporate phone number but was denied it, and instead, given the hotel managers number. She wouldn't be in until Monday morning. I did find the corporate number online and spoke to them but they just referred me back to the hotel management.
My advise to any new guests: Watch your credit card. These people are thieves and will not hesitate to withdraw any amount of money they desire from your account, under the pretense of it being "just an authorization". In addition they will treat you like a common criminal.
Just as a side note, room 331 has a broken air conditioner so we had to move rooms. And lastly, don't tell your little ones there will be Otis Spudmeyer cookies waiting for them, because there WONT. (even though the ad says there will be). My granddaughter was disappointed.

Room Tip: go somewhere else that you won't be treated like criminals
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed three nights at the Fairfield Inn and have no complaints. Our 2 queen room was decent sized and was clean. The ceilings were lower than a newer hotel, but you did not feel closed in. The breakfast in the morning was appreciated, but if you came too late, some food items were gone and not restocked. Also check out the free cookies at the front desk in the evenings. Yummy peanut butter! I give this hotel a four star due to the free breakfast but without it would only be a 3.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Just stayed one night while in town visiting family. The location was great for me. I initially booked the room due to the affordable low price. However, i was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel and the rooms were clean, well appointed and comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and there was a great flat screen tv. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn Phoenix Mesa? Share your experiences!