“Much Improved Hotel in Mesa” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #37 of 55 Hotels in Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Holbrook, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

walk up price plenty of parking not recommended with trailers.grocery,drug stores,barber close by.ground floor rooms,roomy bathroom area.you even have a window in the back just like home.i did not check on free breakfast but there is a fresh bakery right next door.this is truly a host with the most they really role out the welcome matt.but frown and charge you dearly for smoking in your room.please be a steward and leave it the way you found it.city bus 1000 feet way or so

Room Tip: No elevator this hotel is a horseshoe center point south all other rooms are east and west.you must...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stay far away from this hotel, not only did my family (mother, myself and infant) experience bedbugs, but horrible service from the manager as well. Chose this Travelodge as it was close to friends in the area and was reasonable priced. Stayed one week with no real problems (rooms need serious updating but appreaed clean, no heatd pool or shade to enjoy it and it was real only a place to sleep as we had plans to be out and about during the day)

Then it took a turn and was a nightmare!! Woke up one morning to find myself covered in about 50 itchy red welts (did not see any bugs in the room so assumed was another arizona insect from being out the evening before in the pool). By late that night the itching was so severe and had double the amount of bites all over my body. Took myself to a medical center for a consultation with a Dr and to get a perscription for the itching (quite a bill later glad I took out medical insurance) I sepnt the next day in the hotel resting. About two am I awoke with itchy itchy and thru back the sheets to find 4 ebgorged bedbugs!!! I immediatly took myself to the front desk however since the manager was not in the clerk offered me another room till morning. So we packed ourselves off to the next place but really how do you sleep now.....
Next morning first thing I went to speak to the manager (taking the specimens I had collected with me) and was extreamley susprised when he accused me of being a scam artist and bringing the bugs with me just to get a free stay. He refused to dicuss with me the situation, would not refund my room for the pervious days or the paid week ahead, no support at all with concerns of our belongings. To top this situation off he called the police to escort my 2 month old infant, senior mother and myself off his property!!! We were now in need for a new hotel right away to stay at, tried using the room phone and he had cut the service!!!
I have since contacted Whynham Resorts customer sevice and they are unable to do anything as they are not a "merchant" of the property.
Overall nothing can be done, this ruined our vacation, cost me a small fortune in medical bills upfront, ended me in a laundry mat for hours trying to wash all clothing in hot water, thru out our luggage and had to pruchase new, not to mention the pain and ichyness from all the bites. (still waiting to see if my child will react, hope she will be spared)
STAY AWAY!!! No one should be treated this way
Just a few other tid bits if this wasnt enough
-lots of long term stays by people actually living there, dont leave the room at night
-pillows and mattress were stained and discustling dirty upon closer examination
-no breakfast as advertised (coffee and stale plain dougnuts)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place needs serious work. The bed is lumpy, cracked sink, holes in the wall, the carpet is frayed, the lamp shade is stained and diry. There isnt a phone book or a t.v. guide or evan a do not disturbe sign for the door. The refrigator is very noisy as is the air conditioner. I would not recomend the place to anyone. Worst place my husband and I have ever stayed at. It definetely was not a suite by any means.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GOLDEN VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have never stayed at a Travelodge. Chose this one based on location. Close to you family in the area. We were very pleased. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile. Went to our room. Very clean, not the most updated but it met our needs. The hotel for being exterior, was the quietest we have ever been in. Breakfast, not the best but was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa

Address: 4244 E. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85205
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Mesa
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #37 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Phoenix/Mesa Travelodge Hotel Mesa
Travel Lodge Mesa
Travelodge Mesa
Mesa Travel Lodge
Mesa Travelodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.