“STAY AWAY!!!! BED BUGS RM 116” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #35 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Edmonton, Canada
“STAY AWAY!!!! BED BUGS RM 116”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stay far away from this hotel, not only did my family (mother, myself and infant) experience bedbugs, but horrible service from the manager as well. Chose this Travelodge as it was close to friends in the area and was reasonable priced. Stayed one week with no real problems (rooms need serious updating but appreaed clean, no heatd pool or shade to enjoy it and it was real only a place to sleep as we had plans to be out and about during the day)

Then it took a turn and was a nightmare!! Woke up one morning to find myself covered in about 50 itchy red welts (did not see any bugs in the room so assumed was another arizona insect from being out the evening before in the pool). By late that night the itching was so severe and had double the amount of bites all over my body. Took myself to a medical center for a consultation with a Dr and to get a perscription for the itching (quite a bill later glad I took out medical insurance) I sepnt the next day in the hotel resting. About two am I awoke with itchy itchy and thru back the sheets to find 4 ebgorged bedbugs!!! I immediatly took myself to the front desk however since the manager was not in the clerk offered me another room till morning. So we packed ourselves off to the next place but really how do you sleep now.....
Next morning first thing I went to speak to the manager (taking the specimens I had collected with me) and was extreamley susprised when he accused me of being a scam artist and bringing the bugs with me just to get a free stay. He refused to dicuss with me the situation, would not refund my room for the pervious days or the paid week ahead, no support at all with concerns of our belongings. To top this situation off he called the police to escort my 2 month old infant, senior mother and myself off his property!!! We were now in need for a new hotel right away to stay at, tried using the room phone and he had cut the service!!!
I have since contacted Whynham Resorts customer sevice and they are unable to do anything as they are not a "merchant" of the property.
Overall nothing can be done, this ruined our vacation, cost me a small fortune in medical bills upfront, ended me in a laundry mat for hours trying to wash all clothing in hot water, thru out our luggage and had to pruchase new, not to mention the pain and ichyness from all the bites. (still waiting to see if my child will react, hope she will be spared)
STAY AWAY!!! No one should be treated this way
Just a few other tid bits if this wasnt enough
-lots of long term stays by people actually living there, dont leave the room at night
-pillows and mattress were stained and discustling dirty upon closer examination
-no breakfast as advertised (coffee and stale plain dougnuts)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place needs serious work. The bed is lumpy, cracked sink, holes in the wall, the carpet is frayed, the lamp shade is stained and diry. There isnt a phone book or a t.v. guide or evan a do not disturbe sign for the door. The refrigator is very noisy as is the air conditioner. I would not recomend the place to anyone. Worst place my husband and I have ever stayed at. It definetely was not a suite by any means.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GOLDEN VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have never stayed at a Travelodge. Chose this one based on location. Close to you family in the area. We were very pleased. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile. Went to our room. Very clean, not the most updated but it met our needs. The hotel for being exterior, was the quietest we have ever been in. Breakfast, not the best but was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very unfriendly staff. When we made reservations we were told that they could not guarantee first floor room, even though we requested as cannot climb steps. We aked about pool and they said it was open and very nice. When we arrived before checking in we inquired about pool and was told where to pick up towels. Next morning getting ready for pool it was padlocked. Maybe closed by health department. Offered continental breakfast, a donut and coffee! Shower was filled with mildew and room smelled from "hotel spray".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I needed to book a hotel quickly due to the passing of a family member in Mesa, AZ. I booked this hotel with my Entertainment card. When we arrived, there were workers hanging out on the second floor walkways drinking beer (early afternoon). We went in to check in and the lobby smelled like an old smoky bar. I tried to oversee this and was told my room was next to the pool - not near - but literally next to the pool (poolhouse). Ok - still trying...we went into the "non-smoking" room and the whole room smelled of smoke. The curtains were terribly burned. I needed to use the restroom and my sister checked the beds for bedbugs - well, we didn't see any bedbugs, but were shocked to see plenty of dried blood on the bed! My father ran back to the registration desk and demanded our money back. Thankfully they agreed to refund us our money, but I felt like this was out of a horror movie. I have never had such a horrible experience. My other sister called to cancel her room because of our experience, but they charged her one night stay because it was within the cancellation policy! Well, Travelodge, you have marred me - I won't be staying at any of your hotels in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cochise, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while being in town to help with my father in laws home hospice care. I was pretty strapped for money so i bid on room online. When I checked-in they put a $30 hold on my debit card rather than just taking the info for incidentals. It was loud, there were people smoking pot with their doors open, the bathroom door had obviously been kicked open, the hole had been partially patched. The blinds on the back window were destroyed and manilla folders taped to the window to make up for that. The water barely got warm, not really warm enough for a comforatable shower, and toilet would only flush every other time. Although rooms were very spacious, they weren't the cleanest. I would not bring a black light into this room. They had soap in the room, but shampoo, etc., was only by request. It was horrible.

Room Tip: Dont bother with a room here