“Horrible-do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #36 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Covina, California
“Horrible-do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place needs serious work. The bed is lumpy, cracked sink, holes in the wall, the carpet is frayed, the lamp shade is stained and diry. There isnt a phone book or a t.v. guide or evan a do not disturbe sign for the door. The refrigator is very noisy as is the air conditioner. I would not recomend the place to anyone. Worst place my husband and I have ever stayed at. It definetely was not a suite by any means.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
GOLDEN VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have never stayed at a Travelodge. Chose this one based on location. Close to you family in the area. We were very pleased. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile. Went to our room. Very clean, not the most updated but it met our needs. The hotel for being exterior, was the quietest we have ever been in. Breakfast, not the best but was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very unfriendly staff. When we made reservations we were told that they could not guarantee first floor room, even though we requested as cannot climb steps. We aked about pool and they said it was open and very nice. When we arrived before checking in we inquired about pool and was told where to pick up towels. Next morning getting ready for pool it was padlocked. Maybe closed by health department. Offered continental breakfast, a donut and coffee! Shower was filled with mildew and room smelled from "hotel spray".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I needed to book a hotel quickly due to the passing of a family member in Mesa, AZ. I booked this hotel with my Entertainment card. When we arrived, there were workers hanging out on the second floor walkways drinking beer (early afternoon). We went in to check in and the lobby smelled like an old smoky bar. I tried to oversee this and was told my room was next to the pool - not near - but literally next to the pool (poolhouse). Ok - still trying...we went into the "non-smoking" room and the whole room smelled of smoke. The curtains were terribly burned. I needed to use the restroom and my sister checked the beds for bedbugs - well, we didn't see any bedbugs, but were shocked to see plenty of dried blood on the bed! My father ran back to the registration desk and demanded our money back. Thankfully they agreed to refund us our money, but I felt like this was out of a horror movie. I have never had such a horrible experience. My other sister called to cancel her room because of our experience, but they charged her one night stay because it was within the cancellation policy! Well, Travelodge, you have marred me - I won't be staying at any of your hotels in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cochise, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while being in town to help with my father in laws home hospice care. I was pretty strapped for money so i bid on room online. When I checked-in they put a $30 hold on my debit card rather than just taking the info for incidentals. It was loud, there were people smoking pot with their doors open, the bathroom door had obviously been kicked open, the hole had been partially patched. The blinds on the back window were destroyed and manilla folders taped to the window to make up for that. The water barely got warm, not really warm enough for a comforatable shower, and toilet would only flush every other time. Although rooms were very spacious, they weren't the cleanest. I would not bring a black light into this room. They had soap in the room, but shampoo, etc., was only by request. It was horrible.

Room Tip: Dont bother with a room here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012 via mobile

Loud riff raff activity going on all hours of the night....room shabby...Travelodge has had three strikes and now nevermore.

• Stayed January 2012
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in June and was happy with the room and the staff at the hotel. Met my needs of free internet, fridge and microwave. The area was Ok, but was close to where I had to go for my business purpose. Will stay here again during my business trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Suites Phoenix Mesa? Share your experiences!