“It was fine.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Arlington, MA
“It was fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is basically a good, very clean Marriott with very friendly front desk staff. The breakfast service was also friendly, but slow. There was no coffee maker in the room.
Don't stay here if you don't have a car; it's in the middle of nowhere and didn't seem like a great area for walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a coffee maker!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PhoenixMarriottmesa, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send a review of our property. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find the coffee maker- which is located below the TV. Our location will only get better as the light rail expands into downtown. It will provide access to not only Tempe, but the airport. We are also within walking distance of downtown, which provides many cultural and dining options.

We look forward to having you return.
Donald Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Except the fact that's in the middle of nowhere, this is an excellent hotel.
The service and amenities are really great, as is the weather.
While I doubt that I'll return to the area, if that happens, I'll certainly book this place again.

Room Tip: I guess that all rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time in providing a review of our hotel. Mesa and the East Valley is growing and providing great opportunities for our visitors to experience unique aspects of the greater Phoenix Area. In 2015 we will have the light rail service from downtown to the airport. This will be a great convenience for our guests. Sometimes the "middle of nowhere" is only a step away from great things to see.

We look forward to having you back as experiencing all that Mesa has to offer.
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had to go to the Phoenix area on a sudden emergency/crisis involving a family member. I had no idea where to stay, we drove by several hotels and this one seemed to have the best vibe from the outside. So I got a king room (I like to have the club chair/ottoman and a desk). The place was very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. In particular the front desk lady who said she is from Egypt (don't remember her name) and Wendi who works at the coffee bar, I talked to her every day and she was very caring and concerned about us. The room service was pretty good, the best thing is one of the chicken dishes, the burger is good too. We just did not want to go out to dinner. The only outside place we went to was the Safeway deli to get sandwiches. Fortunately we achieved a positive outcome on the crisis and I think this Hotel was a big part of that. I don't know how many times I lapped the block around the hotel while dealing with this or that and calming down, etc.

I travel a lot on business mostly staying in lower end hotels and I can say this is the best Hotel experience I have had this year.

Room Tip: Top floors have a special lounge but we didn't stay up there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DonaldGibsonphxmm, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your experience with us at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa. More importantly, it is great to hear that the situation that brought you to Mesa turned out for the best as the family is concerned. People travel for many reasons, and the hotel of choice should always deliver the type of care and service that eases whatever your concerns may be.

I’m thrilled that we could accommodate you, and more so thrilled that things worked out for the best. Should your travels bring you back to our area again, you will know that you have a comforting place to stay, and a staff that is attentive to your needs.

All the best.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here with a small group for a long weekend. Rooms and hotel areas were very clean. The staff was excellent, they were attentive and accommodating of our groups needs.
The property is in a great location and only 20 mins from the airport. Please add another outdoor seating area with fire pit as there seems to be lots of groups staying at this hotel and the demand for the current fire pit was in high demand. We had a nice stay. Would definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DonaldGibsonphxmm, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for our kind words concerning our hotel and staff. The team prides itself in being attentive and anticipating guest needs. I appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. The fire pit is a great gathering area particularly this time of year. We constantly look for ways to improve and will give your suggestion serious thought.

Kind Regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've had some very mixed experiences at Marriotts this fall and, as a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, it has honestly made me begin to question my loyalty. However, this one-night stay in Mesa was wonderful. The guy at the front desk was super-efficient and professional. In fact, he acknowledged my Platinum status and moved up to the concierge level - something that Marriott staff in Albuquerque (on 3 stays), Phoenix Airport, and Denver all failed to do. He also did a superb job of telling me about the restaurant, fitness facilities, parking, and concierge lounge hours -- again, something that nobody else has been doing. On top of that, the room (at least the one I was in on the 12th floor) was in perfect shape - what I expect of a Marriott (NOT what I've been seeing at Marriotts elsewhere). Anyway, I had a short but great stay here. Mesa may not be the most convenient location depending on what you're doing here, but this was a nice place and their staff made a very positive impression.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us here in Mesa. I'm sorry that some of your past experiences have been a little disappointing with in our Brand at other locations. Marriott strives to deliver a consistent experience at all of our locations. Your comments about our staff being so accommodating and informative were great to hear. They help reinforce a culture of "spirit to serve", which is a basic philosophy of Marriott. We look forward to welcoming you back to our oasis here in the Valley of the Sun.

Best regards,
General Manager.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for a week at this hotel over Labor Day week. I was a little apprehensive about a downtown location, but those fears were unfounded. The staff here must take friendly pills! Everyone is so nice. After a whole week, you would think something would go wrong but it never did. As a gold member I had access to the concierge level. The views were breathtaking as we drank coffee and watched the sunrise. The room was nothing spectacular but it was clean and everything worked. We ate at Azulejo 2x and loved it. The pool was sparkling and we spent many hours there under the shade of the palms. I will definitely go back but maybe wait until it is cooler.

Room Tip: Face the mountains!!! The view is fabulous from higher floors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with us. the "happy pills" are something that come naturally wit our staff. They do go the extra mile to accommodate and please our guests.
As you commented, our views are to die for. There is nothing like a sunrise/sunset view from our location of the Valley of the Sun.
We look forward to having you back. FYI- the weather is getting to the point that drives people to the valley. Cool mornings and evenings and lots of sunshine.

Best Regards,
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Mesa for 4 days last week and am very glad that I did. The hotel staff makes this place a great place to stay - offering assistance with a smile no matter what time of day. Although the room was a little in need of an update, it was very clean and quiet. They offered a nice breakfast on weekday mornings which was a cost savings for me. The place felt safe, including the parking area. There was some city road construction around the front entrance which was easily avoided by coming into the hotel complex from the back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about you stay with us here in Mesa. I'm sorry that some of your past experience have been a little disappointing within our Brand at other locations. Marriott strives to deliver a consistent experience at all of our locations.
Your comments about our staff being so accommodating and informative were great to hear. They help reinforce a culture of "spirit of serve", which is a basic philosophy of Marriott.

Best Regards,
Donald Gibson

Been to Phoenix Marriott Mesa? Share your experiences!