“will never stay threre again” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
New York City, New York
“will never stay threre again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed based on location for business excepected Marriott quality ....

No wipes sanitize fitness equipment for two days...

Towels in fitness center feel like sandpaper

*Coffee service in rooms is inconvenient … brand is cheap taste terrible and pots are old and have scale built up on them.

Housekeeping left trash from last guest under bed and long black hair’s on towel in shower. -really, really poor housekeeping. Shower needs grout cleaned.

Concierge breakfast and appetizer truly lacking… in fact Wednesday night at 7:30PM I went to see what the desert/snack choice was... there was absolutely nothing. If I wanted a cocktail there was no there to get the liquor out... Really, really lacking.

TV – had to call engineer to have picture fixed it never stayed correct....

I had to ask each day to have linens changed…

Wrote to manager --- no reponse... will never stay threre again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
The hotel is in the process of contacting this guest to get additional information and to resolve to their satifaction. We take all guest feedback very seriously and use this to communicate to our staff and to enhance our training. The Mesa Marriott has a manager on duty available at all times in the event any issues or special requests arise so our team can address immediately. We apologize for our service failures and we are awaiting a response from the guest to resolve accordingly. It is our goal to meet and exceed the needs of every guest and if we fail we will resolve immediately.

Mike Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Their employee, Shauna, looked up and found "Filly's Roadhouse" restaurant about 20-25 miles away for me, a good country bar with good food. Well worth going there, towards Globe, on Apache Trail. My stay at the Marriott was excellent, good bartender, friendly staff, nice rooms, slept very well. Used the work out room, nice machines. Also available computers to use. Yes, would definately stay there again and would highly recommend to others. Thanks Shauna, for all your extra help, get yourself down to Filly's Roadhouse !!! Bob Christiansen 1/26/13

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review Mr. Christiansen and taking time to mention Shauna for her extra efforts. It’s fantastic that our staff and hotel made your stay so enjoyable. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond, we hope you can come back and we can take care of you again!

Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott many times while traveling. It is always clean, comfortable and very professional. On my last trip, my son left his glasses in the room and we didn't realize this until we were home. Donna, the housekeeping manager, was great in helping us locate them and she had them returned to us via fed ex within days. I can't express how much I appreciated her help! One more feather in their cap. Thanks, staff of Marriott Mesa!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Awesome! Thank you for reviewing our hotel and to share your wonderful experience with other travelers. I am glad Donna was able to assist in the return of your son’s glasses; she is an asset to our team. We hope to host you and your family again soon.

West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This stay was part of a conference being held next door at the Mesa Convention Center. I brought my wife so she could have some warm weather away from the cold winter at home. Our room was a standard two-double bed room. Nothing more than I would find at any other budget chain hotel. I would have expected more from a Marriott, like queen beds. And as these were double beds, it made for very close quarter sleeping for the two of us that first night. We went to separate beds for the remainder of our stay.

After I returned home and was going through my paperwork I noticed a line on my original reservation e-mail that said my room type was concierge level. I called the hotel to ask about this and was told that this would have allowed my wife and me access to the 12th floor lounge and free continental breakfast. I was NOT told this at check-in. This would have saved some hassle to find an inexpensive breakfast the three mornings we were there.

There was no microwave in the room. Even a Comfort Inn has a microwave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response, I do apologize the stay was not as pleasant of a retreat as you expected. Our rooms with 2 “double” beds are part of the hotels configuration since it became a Marriott 9 years ago and leave more space for the rest of the wonderful furniture in the room. We agree having 2 “queen” beds would be luxurious but then our large desks and comfortable chairs would be eliminated. The verbiage regarding concierge level rooms has been discussed with our front desk agents and managers so our guests are more informed and to avoid this happening again in the future. We hope you give us a chance again to make your stay as enjoyable as it could have been.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for several nights recently and I was very impressed. I chose this hotel largely because of its location and an attractive price I found through Hotels.com. Honestly, I figured it would be a run-of-the-mill Marriott and I didn't have unusually high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. I understand the hotel has been recently remodeled, and it shows. The lobby, room, restaurant and staff were all great. Very nicely decorated. The room was a nice size. Comfortable bed, and one of the better hotel showers I've encountered in a long time. Sadly, the price did jump up significantly after my first few nights, so I ended up moving to another hotel when my trip was unexpectedly extended. The higher price actually wasn't bad. It just was more than I wanted to pay for this trip. But I did enjoy my few nights at the Marriott and would definitely stay here again if I need to be in the downtown Mesa area and I can get a special discount rate again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am so glad you had such a great stay with us! Thank you also for the awesome review. We recently underwent renovation and feel that our sparkling service now matches our beautiful hotel and appreciate you noticing. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Director of Sales
Dallas, TX USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Quiet location, clean, courteous staff, this hotel focuses on business trade and does an excellent job. Renovations are underway but that did not affect a pleasant stay. Nice workout facility, on-site restaurant adequate. Renovated rooms clean and comfortable. Good value for $.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the hotel and sharing your experience with other travelers! I am glad you got to enjoy most of our hotels accomodations and facilities. We strive to make every guest business or pleasure feel comfortable and relaxed. Hope you come back to enjoy our place again!

Director of Sales
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights, and we were very impressed. The room was impeccably clean. Many thoughtful touches added to our comfort, both in the room and in the hotel in general. The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice and there was never a shortage of places to charge our electronics. The only thing missing was a microwave. The hotel staff might be the friendliest we've encountered in our frequent travels. Room service was excellent, and the hotel restaurant was also very good. The price was a bit more than we prefer to pay, but I would eagerly stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review of the Phoenix Marriott Mesa! I love reading that you found our facility and people to be impeccable. I apologize you did not get a microwave, we do have some available upon request. Maybe when you visit again, we can have that ready for your arrival!

Been to Phoenix Marriott Mesa? Share your experiences!