“Best place to stay in Mesa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best place to stay in Mesa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wow I was really surprised! Honestly my expectations were low and from the look of the older hotel I was worried. This hotel was great! Nicely remodeled rooms very spacious with upgraded linens on the beds and the mattress was decent. I will stay here again! The staff was helpful and accommodating. If you are traveling to Mesa there aren't many options for nice hotels with one exception.... Mesa Marriott! Stay here you won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2012
phxmmSales, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad to have exceeded your expectation, which is exactly what we try to achieve with each of our guests. Thank you, and hope to see you again!

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ames, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Well as the title says, if you have to stay in Mesa, Arizona this is not a bad option. I would have actually given it a 4 out of 5 but a lot of external things brought it down.

Hotel itself:
The rooms were nice and well appointed. They were very clean and looked to have been updated not long ago. The price point was good for a Marriott.

Issues:
* Although you were close to the new downtown area its not really walking distance
* When they have a concert next door at the Convention center / Amphitheater You know it.. it was loud
* The area outside two blocks any direction is BAD! Prostitution, Gangs, Drug selling. So be careful. Mesa has done a lot to improve that area, but they have a ways to go

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
phxmmSales, General Manager at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We appreciate every review and the feedback we get from our guests. However this comment is being researched further for the severity of the information provided. We are attempting to contact the guest to gain more information on this isolated incident as well as forwarding anything we receive to the authorities. It is and has always been our number one priority to ensure guests’ safety. We will continue to monitor the property and guest areas until then.

Mike Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Phoenix Marriott on business for three nights. The hotel is roughly fifteen minutes from the airport, however there is no shuttle service so you'll need your own transportation. The hotel will shuttle you or your group if it is within five miles. The lobby was over half way done during my stay but was not a disruption to any of my activities. My room was clean, functional, and the bed and pillows were excellent. I ordered room service my first night in and the food was on par with typical hotel food. If you are into fitness they have a pretty standard room with treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, dumbbells up to 50#, and a Precor cable machine corner unit with chin bar. The staff were responsive and courteous and Jennifer Clark was especially helpful before, during, and after my stay. I would stay here again in the future for business.

• Stayed October 2012
phxmmSales, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Wow! Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Looks like you experienced a lot while you were here. I am glad you enjoyed a few of our outlets that we provide to the guests such as the complimentary shuttle, the room service, and our 24 hour fitness center. As well, thank you for pardoning our dust while we beautified our lobby, thankfully it is nearly over as we are putting in the finishing touches. Thanks again!

Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Right now the Marriott is under reconstruction which makes everything very inconvenient. The temporary lobby is super tacky and parking is horrible. Was not worth $275 for 2 nights. However the Marriott rooms where nice the beds are always super comfortable. The showers though were so strong it felt like it was taking off your skin rather then just the soap. Ordered room service for hot coffee and and hot oatmeal,etc. were cold. Overall for the price was not worth the stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that while you were here, you experienced some inconveniences with our renovations. Unfortunately there is never a good time for renovation, but it is a necessary process. We have tried in ways to compensate for the renovations by having free coffee in the temporary lobby and assisting in any other way possible. Our rooms and restaurant were undisturbed by the construction and I am glad you experienced peace in those areas. Fortunately now, the construction is complete, just arranging that last few decorative finishes. Your next visit, you can experience true Marriott quality, without construction.

Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my home away from home for a business trip. Everyone was more than helpful and went above and beyond the normal. Greg at the front desk gave me a great tip on a steak house The Keg. The food was excellent. Thanks Greg! All the staff was excellent and went out of the way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I did sign up for the Mariott rewards this trip. The breakfast in the on site Azul cafe was very good. The staff Scott and Rosa were always ready with a smile at 630am. Thank you one and all for making my long stay as nice as it could be.

JA
Sarasota FL

Room Tip: North side for mountain view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us and other travelers about the experience you had at our great hotel! Greg as well as our other front desk members are very welcoming and here we try to make every guests stay feel like home! Also congratulations on your new rewards membership; save enough points and you can earn a free stay, maybe a vacation in your future!
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We found a delightful and helpful staff. Comfy beds and lovely rooms. We spent most of our free time in the pool, gym, restaurant and the convenient Starbucks in the Lobby. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
phxmmSales, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave the Phoenix Marriott Mesa a comment as nice as this! I am glad you enjoyed yourselves and the many outlets we provide! We look forward to your return to the Phoenix Marriott Mesa. Thank you again!

phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here back in 2006 on a whim, just to get out of the house. Up to this point, I usually stayed at Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or something similar. This place changed all of that. The location was clean and quiet. The rooms are great and the beds are SUPER comfortable. After waking up in the morning from a great nights sleep, i declared that I will only stay in Marriott hotels. I immediately signed up for Marriott Rewards and have since secured a Marriott Rewards credit card to help in my quest to only stay in Marriotts. After many stays throughout the U.S., I have never been disappointed with my stay. Thank you Phoenix Marriott Mesa for showing me how wonderful Marriott can be!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
phxmmSales, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful response! It's our pleasure to make every stay at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa the most enjoyable and we are glad we were able to do that for you and your wife! As well, it is fantastic to hear you've become dedicated members of Marriott Hotels, hope to see you both back with us to rekindle the spark that started it all!

Director of Sales

Been to Phoenix Marriott Mesa? Share your experiences!