“extended stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
New Baltimore
“extended stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We checked in on Christmas day. Our son and wife we expecting their first child. She went overdue and the hotel let us stay at the discounted rate we had. The rooms we cleaned daily, the breakfast was good, the staff was friendly. Our room faced the courtyard and was nice. There was some noise but no more than we've experienced in other hotels.
The rooms do need to be a little cleaner, the bathroom had dirt along the edge of the tile and tub, the rest of the room just needs to be updated. For the price it was a great value and we would stay there again. The counter people were very helpful giving us directions to local stores.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

So, we had just moved back to the area and needed a place to stay while our house finished up. We decided to stay a the Windemere and it was horrific. In the breakfast room the front desk worker rolled her eyes and said, "Oh my God" when my family (9 people) walk ed in, and continued to make fun of us for the rest of our breakfast. When we checked in there was a rotten banana and diaper rash cream in one of the beds. disgusting place, terrible staff. Slow, patchy WiFi, and the power kept going out. I will never stay at this hotel. again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

The building is old, but remodeled. It is not a place for someone who expects a five-star hotel. It was clean and the staff was very nice. I thought the bed was comfortable. The rooms are spacious with a microwave, refrigerator, & iron. The second floor has a big balcony with railing. The first floor has a patio. A nice grassy area with palm trees. Seemed like a safe area. Room was quiet - didn't hear any outside noise or from other rooms. Continental breakfast was good, except the lights were not on and only had light from the window. The bathroom on first floor has a frosted window in the shower, facing where people walk by - thought that was odd. When I first arrived, they did not have my reservation from Hotels.com. It took two calls to Hotels.com to get it straighted out. I would stay there again, but would make reservations directly with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Hampstead, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We spent two nights at the Windemere while in Mesa visiting family. I was a little unsure about it at first due to the obvious age of the facility, and our room had the odor of age when we first entered. Once we got the A/C going, though, the smell quickly cleared. The room itself had two comfortable beds, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a large balcony overlooking a lovely courtyard. We had a second floor room, and, stepping out of the front door, we had a fantastic view of the Superstition Mountains. We did not each lunch at the hotel, but the breakfast was very good for a continental breakfast. Besides the usual cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, and danish, there were hard-boiled eggs and a waffle iron for making your own waffles. The location was perfect for visiting our family, and I found the price to be quite reasonable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
aprilshowers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

The first room I checked into was so dirty and smelly I went back to the front office and asked for a different room. I then was placed in a room that had dead bugs on the molding to the sliding glass door and the carpet was disgusting. When I checked out in the morning, I made the gentlemen at the front desk aware that I had spider bites and the room needed an exterminator. He looked up at me, with very dirty hair and just said OK.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Fort Collins, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I booked reservations with this hotel for a family reunion 90 days in advance and was told we would have the best rooms available. I arrived to find that ONE room was booked and we were given what was available at that time, even though I presented the e-mail reservations. The rooms were dirty and the Hotel Desk Clerk was less than accomodating. A great web site doesn't make a great hotel unfortunately. I was terribly disappointed and embarrassed with my family.

• Stayed June 2009
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Dirty, unsafe, out in the middle of nowhere, mortuary is next door. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Windemere Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 5750 East Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85205
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Mesa
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Windemere Hotel and Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Windemere Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Windemere Hotel Mesa
Windemere Motel Mesa

If you own or manage Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.