“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 55 hotels in Mesa
milwaukee
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I surprised to read some of the other reviews that said the rooms were smelly and shabby. I thought my room was fine, nothing real fancy but I did like the balcony overlooking the courtyard. As for clean it could have used a little more vacuuming and the tabletop on the balcony table was filthy but otherwise things seemed to be in reasonable shape. Breakfast was terrible with watery sausage gravy, stale biscuits and sour milk so I would avoid that if at all possible. Price I thought was good at 109. per night on weekdays during peak season. Other rooms in the area started at 129+.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Guest_services2013, Guest Relations Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear kenaMilwaukee,

We do apologize for the cleanliness issue and we will be sure to rectify that problem . Also we do apologize that the breakfast was not 5 star, We would love to offer you 20% off your next stay and would love your candid opinion once again and appreciate your opinions.

we hope you enjoyed the added convenience of complimentary high speed Wi-Fi is always available to you. We’d love to have you back next time you’re in Mesa,AZ
Thank you again for your time!

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were in town visiting with friends and decided to stay the night here instead of driving 2.5 hours back home. We had luckily decided NOT to make reservations and just showed up and decided to play it by ear. When we got here they had two smoking rooms left as most of the rooms in town were booked up this particular night. I was all ready to give her my credit card and check in when I started getting very suspicious. The courtyard as I peeked around looked nice, but the lobby was extremely beat up and dirty (and everyone knows this is generally the nicest part of the hotel, which was a bad sign). The front desk person was nice enough and straightforward. She was very nice to me, but she was fighting with some long term tenants who were paying day to day with cash and asking how much they owed to continue staying there. It seemed like a motel rental question, not a resort hotel discussion. This to me was big flag number two. Then the front desk person handed me a key and suggested that I look at the room before staying there because "THEY WERE NOT WELL MAINTAINED OR CLEANED AND I MIGHT NOT BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT they had to offer. That is a direct quote; three strikes and you are out with me. I took the key and as I went to check out the room, I realized that I didn't want to say anywhere that I had to see before deciding to stay. I have two small children and I did not feel safe here. Small favor is that I had NO reservations and went to stay at another nice hotel elsewhere in town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and if you do be warned, check it out first and get a non smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Guest_services2013, Guest Relations Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

We're sorry that you did not have a good experience when you stayed at the Windemere Hotel Mesa, and we understand your frustration. When such a problem arrises, we take it very seriously. I can assure you that we have made every effort to correct this issue. We hope that you will try us again when your travels bring you back to Mesa area,

We would also like to offer you 20% off your next stay with us and we would love for you to give our hotel one more chance.

Vail, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I regret the day I made a reservation here , and did not heed the warnings of the negative reviews/feedback. Those with positive comments , well I can tell you they are misguided. I travel a LOT and have no problem staying at a budget motel that is clean...that said this is the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed in. This is a MOTEL not a Hotel and the price I paid ($108 plus tax) is highway robbery for what was received...Motel 6 is higher end than this place (particularly now that Hilton is slowly revamping them).

Front lobby, picture online must have filters applied as you can immediately see how run down this place is. The gal at the front desk was very nice but as another reviewer indicates they take your ID and Credit Card into a back room. I will now have to watch my accounts due to this shady practice. (Law or no law) we got checked in but then had to wait for the room to be cleaned.

The room, there is nothing positive I can say other than housekeeping did their best to "clean". Room smells awful and musty, everything looks like it was last updated in the 70's. The bedspread...we'll they don't wash that or the blanket after each guest so beware!

The outside grounds...not well taken care of and yup, there is graffiti ... The area is not bad but not great either...big rolls of carpet and piles trash in the common areas. (Really?)

I will never come back here. I think my biggest complaint is the price I paid for this rundown motel room. Had I paid 40 bucks I would likely not be as annoyed. There are much nicer chains within a few miles that you can pay the same or a few dollars more and get true value for your hard earned dollar. If you decide to stay here...do NOT pay more than $40 for a room...you will regret it.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

We are extremely apologetic for your bad experience, and hope to be able to make it up to you.

We will take all of your suggestions and work towards a improvement to assure that you do not feel like you did not get what you paid for. we are in the process of renovating sections of the property and would love to have you back when all of the renovations are done.

We would like to invite you back at a 20% discounted rate next time you are in town.

Windemere Management
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

First off, we had booked our reservation room in mid October 2013 to avoid and minimize any issues. After a 5 hour drive from California, we finally arrived and we came to check in. Apparently, they had canceled our rooms without any email notification! I was furious as I even checked the previous day upon arrival and printed out a letter confirmation about our rooms. The man at the front desk had checked someone else in our rooms and said he could do nothing else as it was full. 12 AM in the morning now and we had to drive around to finally find a place. Save your time and money don't bother coming here. Please manager if Windemere, save your automated responses and discounts you have done enough. I don't ever coming back. Thank you for causing more trouble.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. Please be assured that we take every precaution to prevent this type of issue and if they do occur, we take them very seriously.

We are very sorry about the confusion during booking a reservation, like many hotels there is a cancellation policy which requires 48 hours notice for the guest to cancel their room, only time we would have cancelled your reservation is if the guest would have requested it, if you booked the room through a third party and they cancelled it then we apologize for the confusion, please understand either way we are highly sorry for whatever reason your room was not booked.

Please contact me at the property and I would love to rectify this situation and would love the opportunity to have you give our hotel one more chance.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I believe the lobby, which is shared in the picture, is the only place on the property that has seen the business end of a paint brush in 10 years.

First, it is not a hotel. It is a motel. The doors are on the outside. If you need a third or fourth floor hotel room for security purposes, this location fails.

Second, the check-in clerktook my ID to a back room, presumably to male a copy. I asked, why. She showed mea letter thay says they are coplying with local law. Good thing I have lifelock.

Third, I park. I get out of my car. I am greeted by the most offensive grafitti, spray painted on the parking lot.

My "non-smoking room" had a very musty smell of cigarettes. There were cigarette burns in the bed linens and the carpet.

The linens were cheap and flimsy and were probably replaced the last time the place was painted.

The TV was from the 70's.

I could go on.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Guest_services2013, Public Relations Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry for the bad experience your faced at our hotel, Our goal is to make sure every guest experience is satisfactory and in your case it unfortunately wasn't. We would be honored if you gave our hotel a second chance. On your next stay we can offer your 20% off . Please feel free to contact me at the property directly if there is anything I can do to rectify this issue.

Windemere management
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The pictures online are so deceiving of this horrible hotel! It is in a very bad part of town with prostitutes walking the streets! The experience was terrible from the beginning. First off the worker, Annette, is EXTREMELY rude and not professional at all! As we walked in she looked up at us and then looked away and kept doing what she was doing. No greeting at all. Then when helping My fiancé and I she stated that we requested a non-smoking room. We confirmed that was correct. She then asked if we were sure. I said "excuse me?" She said well "someone here smells like smoke to me!!" How rude!! She was insinuating that we smoke I guess!! She then shuffles through papers and asks when I made the reservation. Once she FINALLY finds it she gives me three papers to sign. As I am signing I notice that the last page does not have a place for me to sign, it only had rates and info on it. I asked her if that was for me to keep and she said "NO you aren't suppose to see that"!!! She grabs it out of my hand!! Then she tells me that it is Expedia's fault. They don't want me to see what I paid!! She was dressed like a slob on top of it! My fiancé and I both were in hotel management and would have Never allowed an employee to act that way! So disrespectful! Then we enter the room that smells horribly of smoke and a cologne type smell to try and mask it!! It was horrible! I felt like we were in a slum!! My fiancé(who is now a cop) said that there were marks on the counter from drug paraphernalia!! We had our 9 year old daughter with us!!! The room was dirty...we were afraid to sit on the beds!! I called Expedia and they completely took amazing care of my family and got us out of there!! Please do NOT go!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Guest_services2013, Front Office Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. It is always our goal to provide a most comfortable, “home away from home” experience for our valued guests. We aim to please everyone with our hot breakfast each morning- with plenty of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, pastries, chocolate, banana nut, and blueberry muffins, wheat and white bread, milk, and juices to go around. Again, we do apologize for an unsatisfactory experience, and do hope that you consider returning the next time you are in Mesa.
Warm Wises,
Management
Henderson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

To anyone spending time in Gilbert or Mesa Arizona, this is the place to stay. A beautiful resort nestled in a lush tropical setting with an extra large pool and spa. Close to all amenities and a 10 min. drive to Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. The hotel prides itself on comfort and cleanliness, and also provides a breakfast bar. The Staff, under the direction of Umesh Patel, are not afraid to be GREAT. They were gracious, caring, polite, and were willing to do the unexpected, that is, go the extra mile to attend to our needs. The theme seemed to be--- Richard, it's all about you! Karol, it's all about you.! We were made to feel important, wanted, and comfortable. The Staff exhibited pride and excellence in their work environment. To all the Staff at the Windemere, a very special Thank You! Richard and Karol Masielle

Room Tip: we stayed at this hotel 2 times. We did not choose our own room. The room was assigned to us. we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Guest_services2013, Guest Relations Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Karol M

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is our pleasure to hear about your positive experience here. We strive to cater to the needs of all our valued guests- the added convenience of complimentary high speed Wi-Fi is always available to you. We’d love to have you back next time you’re in Mesa,AZ
Thank you again for your time!

Been to Windemere Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!