“You have got to be Kidding me!!” 2 of 5 stars

Windemere Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5750 East Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85205   |
Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
colorado
“You have got to be Kidding me!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked this spectacular resort style motel on "Orbitz" thanks Orbitz for the great job of misinformation!

This place is apparently used as a conference center. "Conference Center" being code for dog show event center.

The Oder from the room was powerful enough to make you step back and say "am I required to enter with a Bio-Hazard Suit?"

The repair work is comical and done by amatures.. My 9 year old would take more pride in the "touch up painting and caulking"

All the furniture is .... Well not in great shape.. Expect chips, stains and that early all American (1960-1980) style.

The pool area is a welcomed surprise.

The carpet was new.. My only concern is that with all the dogs and dog pens that the dog show people brought into the rooms.. Well you get the picture.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Price was reasonable for the ammenities. Comfortable bed, clean, and the Continental Breakfast very sufficient. Was extremely impressed w/the cleaniness of the kitchen area for breakfast. Emaculate and very pleasant. Good offerings. Service desk very friendly and helpful ! I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We were visiting Mesa, AZ for a friend's wedding and my dad chose the hotel. My husband and I had one room and my parents were a couple doors down.

I'll list the PROs and CONS separately:

PROS
-HUGE room. Would be great if you a family in there so people could spread out. There was a somewhat separated bar with a mini fridge and microwave
-king size bed
-Decent continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, toast, cereal, juice, coffee)
-Didn't use pool or jacuzzi but looked big at least
-Organic soap, lotion and shampoo (found that really surprising)

CONS
-Definitely old. A lot of the molding was cracked and dusty. Some stains on the couch and chair made me fearful to sit on them
-Cracked, broken and mismatched chairs on all of the balconies
-bathroom was absolutely bare - no color
-Wasn't sure what these were but extremely sketchy and run down apartments/hotel rooms that were in the same parking lot, but not necessarily connected with the hotel? I'm not quite sure. It looked like they used to be hotel rooms, but now they rent them as apartments? Whatever they were they were very run down and a little scary. I wouldn't have wanted to walk around outside our room by myself as a woman...

This isn't a PRO or CON just an observation. The weekend we were there, there was huge dog show happening at the hotel. So the first night I tried to walk to the jacuzzi via our balcony and ended up setting off a series of barking dogs throughout the entire courtyard. I was definitely embarrassed and a little annoyed. And then the second day, after the dog show all day, the hotel was a mess! There was trash, and doggy poop bags, all over the place...

Ultimately, would I stay here again? No. Sure I didn't have any one specifically bad experience - but it was just definitely not ideal. I would opt to pay a little more and stay at the Days Inn, or better yet just suck it up and drive 15 minutes to the next bigger town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Girl at front desk was very polite and helpful. The room we had was big and well maintained. Would be nice to have gluten free food at breakfast. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Our stay here lasted less than 5 minutes. We checked in, walked into our room to be hit with the horrible perfumed scent of carpet cleaner that is only used to cover up filth, not actually clean anything. It didn't help... It was just disgusting. A quick scan of the room told us it was not the room we booked.

We headed back to the front desk, confirmation in hand, hoping that when we got the right room it might be better...

A brunette at the desk tried to be helpful but the other, blonde (i wish i had a name) was snippy, rude, quippy and basically blamed us for booking a room that apparrently doesnt exist although we had a confirmation from the hotel.

She was just as aweful as that room! We cancelled, left and headed down the road which turned out to be a wonderful lucky thing. Check my other reviews if you want to know where you should stay in this area... But don't bother with this roach trap!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011 via mobile

Booked reservation online, if I wouldn't have called the night before, I wouldn't of had a place to stay!

• Stayed October 2011
Show Low
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I would like to tell people that this is a very nice place to stay .It is very nice and clean friendly.
They will take pets and that means alot to me and some travelers. The lobby is beauiful and has a big swimming area and big back yard to walk the dogs with grass.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Windemere Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!