“Bug infested, bad area of town, road construction” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
edmonton
“Bug infested, bad area of town, road construction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel seemed nice in its appearance and room size, and rates, but when I checked in for the week I discovered the road outside was under construction and down to one lane each direction, the area of town it's in is very seedy and nothing close by to walk through, the room I killed two cockroaches, one I stepped on the other I took to the front desk and complained with no satisfaction received. The room maintenance was poor and if our not out of our room early morning you might not get your room made up or fresh towels as happened to me more,than once.
I was travelling alone so I was away a lot from the room, the very sparse continental breakfast closes promptly at 930 with very limited choices and nothing very healthy. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

clarion inn mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just stayed here with my boyfriend this past weekend. We really liked the hotel, the rooms were nice and customer service was good. We had a non smoking room and being that it was a non smoking room we didn't smoke in there. They have you sign something that states you will pay 50 dollars if you do, which is normal. I've stayed at many, many hotels and I understand this completely. Well apparently that means actually having whatever you smoke IN the room. Doesn't matter if you smoked in there or not. So on Tuesday the next week I found out they had taken the 50 dollars out of my account, which also happened to put my account in the negative. I wasn't aware of the charge, so from my bank I got charged 35 dollars. Now I'm out 85 dollars because of this. But it's a he said she said [--] and they're not going to refund anything. We were going to stay here again next year, but forget that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, August 21, 2013

ontheroad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi was good, nice selection for breakfast. All staff was nice and capable. Property and room was clean. Hallways were an outdated gold color, and not to be mean, but smelled bad due to the cooking in the rooms (need more ventilation to the outside or something shoved under the doors to keep it out of the hallways). Once in the room I could not smell it anymore. Price can not be beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

tj
frant desk
480-833-1231
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were traveling and arrived at the hotel late and only stayed for a few hours. It was very quiet. The lobby was nice. It was a little confusing on finding our room. Areas of the parking lot were blocked off because of construction. The room was nice. The only thing I noticed wrong was there was a container of food in the fridge that was there when we checked in, but everything else seemed clean. The beds were nice and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

tj
frant desk
480-833-1231
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Pleasantly surprised to find such a nice room for the price! Perhaps the road construction is hurting business and that is why prices were so low. Enjoyed a very nicely appointed room with comfy king bed, relatively large bathroom, and very well-maintained. Breakfast was very minimal pastry and cereal and lobby and breakfast area were clean but sparsely furnished in contrast to the nicely furnished room. Pool looked very clean too. Staff were polite but not especially friendly.

Room Tip: King room facing the pool was very nicely furnished.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have stayed here several times over the last 3 years. It is not located in the best of areas but the property it self is very clean inside out. I did not get any "curry smell" as someone else here has stated. We checked in at 4 pm, it was 110 deg F outside and the a/c in the corridors were going full blast keeping the place cool. The room, the bed, sheets, bathroom,towels, etc were spotless clean and would compare with any Marriott! I would stay here again without hesitation as the room is worth much more than what they charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Older hotel in Mesa but remodeled. Room was clean and comfortable, no issues. The hotel had the overwhelming smell of curry throughout!!!!

Older tube TV in room, had free wifi but I didnt use it.
Free breakfast in the am, typical carbs and waffles.

Hotel is not in the best area of town, but we didnt have any issues, very quiet and about 2 miles from the freeway.

If I needed an inexpensive quiet room just to sleep I would stay there again. Worth the price.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, June 1, 2013

clarion inn mesa

Been to Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix? Share your experiences!