“Good location for spring training” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Vancouver
“Good location for spring training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very clean , comfortable room for our stay in the Phoenix area . We were barely in our room , usually coming back late in the evening , but it was something to look forward to . The room was spacious and supplied with a microwave and fridge . A nice touch was the balcony , although we looked out onto an empty lot . It was nice to open the door and let fresh air in while it was still cool outside .
It is quite centrally located for our needs , baseball and golf . Malls and food options are close by . Equidistant to 3 freeways , giving us a choice of which way we wanted to get to our destinations .
Front desk staff were attentive , I extended our stay on 2 occasions and they were quick and efficient . The pool looked inviting . The only problem for us was coming back late at night , by the time we were organized in the morning , breakfast had little to offer . They start cleaning up at 8:45 , but there really wasn't much left by 8:30 . At the moment it is a little tricky getting into the property because of the light rail construction .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231

clarion inn mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Helena, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took a few days to get away from the cold in the North and warm up in AZ. The Clarion Inn in Mesa was reasonably priced base camp for us. The room was clean, poolside. The pool is not anything special, right off the parking lo, but was fine for grabbing your tablet and checking you email in the sunshine. I would not have spent all day at this pool. Breakfast was sufficient, but don't plan on showing up @ 8:50 (ends at 9 AM) because it will be in the process of being torn down.

We were quite happy though - the staff was nice - even charged my iphone for me and it was perfect place to lay our heads at night after some fun days exploring. Loved the Apache Trail, , Superstition MT hike, golfing and Taliesin West. Would stay at again - price was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Run by the Patel family, the Clarion Inn Mesa is a pleasant surprise, especially for the low price. Room was clean and recently renovated. Bed was comfortable with high grade linens (though towels have seen better days). Mini fridge & microwave in room. Free Internet. Easy Parking. Breakfast buffet is skippable. For a much better experience, go a mile east on Main to Grandma’s Kitchen for a lovely diner-style breakfast. Pizza restaurant on site. Major construction on Main for new light rail extension. Neighborhood has seen better days, but property appears safe. Great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, April 6, 2013

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was a surprise- it was better than it looked from the outside. The staff was very courteous and helpful, good breakfast options, and terrific beds and showers. Couldn't complain for the price. Located close to malls and shopping areas, and the highways.

Dearguest

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 480-833-1231

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great stay. The hotel looks like it has been recently renovated and was very neat and clean. Breakfast had much more than a continental breakfast and included sausage sandwiches and pastries along with the other usual things like yogurt, cereals, bagels, etc. Rooms were big and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

Tucson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

AVOID- for $10 bucks more you could stay @ a clean HOTEL

DATE: 02/16/13
ROOM: 1 King Bed- upstairs

PROS: almost there but they sure don't have it down yet- each room has either a balcony or 'porch' [open porch to the outside--- considering the area if you choose this place stay UPSTAIRS].
Walls and mattress were in good condition.
Heating worked.
Bathroom clean.

CONS: DIRTY ROOMS--- I have NEVER had to take pics of how dirty a room was before but this just had to be done..... first- yellow and red spots on folded over potion of linens on bed... rolled down to find--- many more spots--- SOME WIPED OFF--- THE SHEETS and PILLOWS appeared to NOT be CHANGED...
Tons of HAIR--- small short curly hair and long hairs... all over the sheets.... NOT just a few but at least 30-50.
Make-up on pillows.
ZERO clean linen marks-- but instead creases like I just slept there last night.
white stains on furniture [should have taken more pic of this- only got one shot]
they do NOT change the garbage can liners- SICK- nice crusty ex-liquids on bottom of bag
had to unplug re-fridge due to the sad noise the compressor was making.

NOTES:
ok-- check in was easy and no problem [arrived a few hours after sun-set]-- booked online via Choice in advance and got a 'great' rate.
went up to room- saw dirty sheets- took pics.
went to front desk to tell staff- very quietly and tactfully-- asked for another room since we arrived late and needed sleep for our back-packing trip we were about to start.
staff instead offered to change sheets--- ok- since we were tired... I didn't push for a new room.
went back to room. a min later comes a knock-knock on the door-- it was our cleaning crew...
i understand that this family does not want to have to admit they cannot keep the place clean so instead-- we get rude- bare footed- staff from the room next door... appears we were sandwiched between 'staff' members who work or own this place....
sheets get changed... and they leave...
attempt to sleep: this is where the noise begins. don't know if it was pipes or banging-- ALL NIGHT LONG- we got about 2 hours of sleep

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and NEVER had this kind of noise in a hotel room unless I was next to some college kids.
• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

UPDATE: 03/26/2013
contacted Choice Hotels via customer hotline. This is because Choice did NOT follow-up on my initial complaint.
The lady I spoke with, let's call her 'Sue', told me that the Manager from the Clarion Inn in Mesa contacted me to discuss and resolve the situation.... WHAT AN UTTER LIE...
Not only is this place disgustingly dirty the staff/managers are full of it.
I did make sure that 'Sue' knew that the manager NEVER ONCE attempted to contact me...
I guess they didn't think that I would bother to follow-up with Choice Hotels.

AGAIN-- AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU HAVE A Choice!!!!--- hey like the pun?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix, responded to this review, March 29, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .480-833-1231

Englewood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First off, I want to thank the hotel staff for honoring my reservation. I made the reservation on a third party site that was a bit deceptive. They could have charged me the going rate for the week which would have been at least $20 more per night.

The rooms were nice. I would have liked to have seen what they looked like before they were remodeled by way of comparison. The beds were comfortable but not luxurious. There's a microwave and mini-fridge. The TV is an old CRT but it is adequate. The bathroom facilities were nice and clean but nothing special.

I had breakfast one morning and it was basic but nice. The hotel overall was in good condition and the service was fine.

Some warnings however: The street out front is a construction zone for the extension of the Metro light rail line. It'll probably be that way for many more months. More importantly, the walls a way to thin. I could easily hear my neighbors. (As a side note: why to people slam hotel doors? Please just gently push or pull the doors closed.) The walls/noise may not be much of a problem most of the time because you'll likely be running the air conditioner eight months out the year. That AC noise should drown out the other noise. Finally, the neighborhood ain't that great. It's not dangerous but it is definitely a working class neighborhood without many amenities

In short, I'm likely not going to stay here anytime soon unless the rates are very good.

Room Tip: The east side and south side of the hotel would be better. The west side near the street overlooks...