“Not 5 star ammenities, but 5 star in the category of hotel this is.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr

Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr
You added Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr to your Saves list
Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   336 West Hampton Ave., SR 60/Superstition Frwy at Exit 179, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Ranked #40 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Tucson, Arizona
“Not 5 star ammenities, but 5 star in the category of hotel this is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I would like to say that you get what you pay for. When I go to DTLA I stay at The Hilton Checker. $250 a night. Well here I paid $40 + $3 for micro/fridge + $3 for internet, so roughly after tax it was just over $50 bucks. No there was not shampoo, yes there was soap, yes there were 2 towels, yes there were 2 wash clothes. The place was clean. It smelled clean. The fridge did not have a knob for the thermostat, so I simply went to the office. No I am not extremely wealthy, but I do fairly well for myself. I guess if you can only afford Motel 6, yet expect the amenities of of a 4 or 5 star hotel you need to grow up. Remember you chose to stay here. A lot of people stated that they had stayed at better Motel 6's. That is great, but I have never been to a Motel 6 that offers shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Pack appropriately My boyfriend and myself greatly enjoyed our stay. We came from Tucson to go to Golfland/Sunsplash. We parked at the Greyhound station in Tucson, and hopped on the bus. R/T was $25 each. Gas would have cost just nearly as much, and we did not have to drive. I got out my laptop, and was able to finish up a little bit of work using the buses WiFi. Check in is supposed to be 1500 hrs. We requested a check in at 1000 hrs, and they had it ready for us. We checked for bed bugs and none. There were no sheets with cigarette burns in the sheets or bedspread, which at any MOTEL, I throw on the floor immediately anyways. Someone mentioned that it seemed as though there were people living there. Well I did notice that there was a room that was occupied by a taxi driver. Well for you stuck up people that think you are "entitled" to 4 or 5 star quality accommodations at a MOTEL; Get a life. Everyone needs a place to live. You do not know why that person has to live at a motel. I think maybe you should realize that we are all human, and you are most likely better off if you can afford to go on a vacation at a motel, and not have to live at one. I do only have one thing to say that could be improved upon would be, maybe, the mattresses, but then again If I wanted a nice room I would have paid the extra $50 to stay down the road at the Hilton. The downside to that though would have been I would have had to rely on the shuttle to drop me off and pick me up on their schedule. Instead I can walk across the street to the park. I can walk over to Burger King, load up the fridge, and use the microwave to reheat the burgers. There is a bar across the street that was voted the #1 dive bar in The US. We both actually decided to buy season passes and come up every other weekend. If you made it this far thank you for reading. I am not sure if I just got lucky or what. I will updated this next trip.

Travis

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Having wrapped-up business in Las Vegas earlier this year (March), I decided to take a ride though the desert and take in some spring training baseball. This was to serve as my first visit to the greater Phoenix area, and a perfect middle-finger to the Chicago cold back home. For starters, I use these reviews as a guide when I haven't been to an area before and the Phoenix area is easily THE MOST DIFFICULT to book a hotel for someone who hasn't been there before (and I am a regular in Europe!). Most reviews are inherently negative to begin with but it is overwhelmingly so in Phoenix - EVERY hotel seems to have 'cockroaches' or be the scene of a 'filming of COPS', according to over-the-top reviewers here. These are all people who don't understand that, in life, you tend to get what you pay for. So, what I decided was that this econo motel needs is one good, reasonable, and balanced review (no offense anyone). So, read on for the Great, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with some bottom line comments . . .

GREAT

* The only thing truly 'great' about this hotel was the price. There are many similarly low-priced motels in this area, but at least I know this one now (I'm hoping this March trip will now be annual).

GOOD

* Service: for this class of hotel, I found the staff - in a few interactions - to be very good. I had flown stupid Spirit Airlines who charges you $10 for printing your boarding pass at the airport (!!). Of course I wanted to avoid that and the front desk woman graciously let me send her a file of my boarding pass to print. And, I happened to walk into the maintenance man and mentioned a small problem with the sink drain (apparently there is a part from the drain that "tweakers" like to steal to help them smoke crack, or something!). I came back to find it promptly fixed. This is a good staff for this class of hotel.

* Location: The location is 'good' and not a bad base for exploring the area. I found plenty of shopping and convenience options nearby. This is good as this hotel is as sparse as it gets, as to be expected.

* Cleanliness: never mistake a hotel's cleanliness for being outdated - they are two different things. Sure these rooms are sparse and like a trip to 1989, but I found everything to be reasonably clean.

BAD (room for improvement)

* Room Switch: I arrived late at night and was given a handicap room as the type of room I booked wasn't available. So, I spent the first of a few nights in it. They did promptly switch me to the right room the next morning. No prob, but had I stayed in the handicap room I would have had a much dimmer view of this hotel - it smelled of cigarette smoke and the room's furniture, decor, and lay-out were far worse than the regular rooms.

* Temperature Control: as others have said, this is a weakness. These are loud older, outboard styled AC units. Mine worked but 'barely' - they are loud and a far cry from modern systems where one simply sets the desired temperature digitally and the system does the rest. To an extent, you should expect this in this class of motel - to an extent.

* Lay-out / Closeness: I had no problems with noise, neighbors, etc. but . . . I could see this being a crap-shoot with this kind of hotel. These are outdoor-access rooms and all are either enclosed in a courtyard or facing parking lots, so all it would take are a few stupid people outside talking loud, congregating, or drinking to be a nuisance. It didn't happen, luckily. On the subject of closeness, you may find parking to be a little sparse if you get back late.

* Fan: the bathroom fan was loud - why is that ALWAYS the case in this kind of motel!?

UGLY

* I didn't encounter any ugliness but easily see the potential. When i had my boarding pass printed at the office I was curious to see some kind of sticky beverage all over the ground. The nice persons in the office explained some wackos just inquired about a room and when they were told 'no openings' they became incensed and threw some kind of beverage at the office from outside. This is NOT the hotel's fault but this is the kind of potential low-life you may encounter at ANY motel in this price range. That said, most of the people at this hotel were like me - just on vacation taking in spring training.

BOTTOM LINE

* I felt like I received good value and got what I paid for. But, I understand that I get what I pay for. I had just left a master suite at Mandalay Bay in LV and it was like entering a different planet but, again, $250 a night gets you something $40 a night doesn't. I don't think everyone that posts reviews here gets that.

* If you really are handicapped and don't absolutely NEED the handicapped room, you may want to skip it. The regular rooms are nicer.

* You can stay here with confidence but you must # 1- come with accurate expectations and # 2 - keep an eye on things. Both of these things apply anywhere, really.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The motel is in a nice location. The staff was great. BUT, there's not much to add in the way of amenities. The room had no shampoo, no hair dryer, no fridge, no microwave, no clock, no radio, no laundry bag, no Kleenex, no coffee maker, no free wi-fi. Basically what you get is a bed, a bible, and a television. The heated pool wasn't.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

First off I must say that its a motel6, so lets keep some perspective here.... A little confusing arrival as there are 2 motel6's within a block of each other... Had to stay an extra day last minute as my flight home was cancelled due to a winter storm.... Room clean enough, although bed spread had numerous cigarette burns, also sheets were ripped in some spots... Tv is an old cathode ray tube, retro, LOL.... Room was freezing, I guess a good thing in the dead of summer.... Some unsavory characters walking around property at night, but I had no problems.... In a pinch I might stay again , but probably just one night...

Room Tip: The back near the pool was quiet enough, once the pool crowd packed it in....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Claresholm, AB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Bed was improperly made; bedspreads had cigarette burns; phone and remote control were dirty and sticky; noisy fans; very dirty outside entry area and sidewalk to rooms.
I travel with my dog and find these Motels to be accommodating, fairly clean and reasonably priced.
Worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed in.
New manager was eager to improve facility and hopefully he will make changes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed in this motel from Sat/Sunday. Apparently they always sell out in the weekend so they raise the price quite a bit. We arrived at 5.30 pm, in the middle of a rainstorm. Just as we arrived, the maids started pushing the trash cans & room service carts around, blocking the way. What motel has the room service clean up the rooms while the new guests are arriving? The maids were unfriendly and unprofessional. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the windows couldn't be opened. Two small towels for the whole room, which was very small. Will not stay there again, ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yuma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

N33 23.353 W 111 50.284
10/1/13

Motel 6 Mesa – Country Club Dr. #0378
We have stayed at this motel a few times over the past year. Most have been OK but the last two times it has been going downhill. Our last stay on 10/1/13 was a nightmare. It started out with lots of people standing outside talking very loud until about 11:PM. One group went upstairs with more loud talking walking very hard and slamming of doors. Now this was above us about two rooms down. Next was about 2/ AM someone in the same area started something that sounded like a motorcycle or race car. This went on for about 45 min’s. All was good until 5/ AM when the people above us two rooms down started yelling at each other again, walking hard and slamming doors.

There is no way the office could not have heard the first group talking or the motorcycle or race car running at 2: AM. When we checked out we brought this to the girl’s attention.

Years ago we would stay at the Motel 6 on Main St. Mesa until it got so bad that we moved to this one. There is something about the neighborhood. There is another Motel down on Country Club and Main that keeps the lobby doors locked.

Emry & Virginia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Emry,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The noisy conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6 Phoenix Mesa - Country Club Dr? Share your experiences!