“Just the basics” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Mesa North

You added Motel 6 Mesa North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Mesa North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   336 West Hampton Ave., SR 60/Superstition Frwy at Exit 179, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Ranked #35 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Just the basics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The motel is in a nice location. The staff was great. BUT, there's not much to add in the way of amenities. The room had no shampoo, no hair dryer, no fridge, no microwave, no clock, no radio, no laundry bag, no Kleenex, no coffee maker, no free wi-fi. Basically what you get is a bed, a bible, and a television. The heated pool wasn't.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marutiak

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

First off I must say that its a motel6, so lets keep some perspective here.... A little confusing arrival as there are 2 motel6's within a block of each other... Had to stay an extra day last minute as my flight home was cancelled due to a winter storm.... Room clean enough, although bed spread had numerous cigarette burns, also sheets were ripped in some spots... Tv is an old cathode ray tube, retro, LOL.... Room was freezing, I guess a good thing in the dead of summer.... Some unsavory characters walking around property at night, but I had no problems.... In a pinch I might stay again , but probably just one night...

Room Tip: The back near the pool was quiet enough, once the pool crowd packed it in....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Benefits
Claresholm, AB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Bed was improperly made; bedspreads had cigarette burns; phone and remote control were dirty and sticky; noisy fans; very dirty outside entry area and sidewalk to rooms.
I travel with my dog and find these Motels to be accommodating, fairly clean and reasonably priced.
Worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed in.
New manager was eager to improve facility and hopefully he will make changes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bev R
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed in this motel from Sat/Sunday. Apparently they always sell out in the weekend so they raise the price quite a bit. We arrived at 5.30 pm, in the middle of a rainstorm. Just as we arrived, the maids started pushing the trash cans & room service carts around, blocking the way. What motel has the room service clean up the rooms while the new guests are arriving? The maids were unfriendly and unprofessional. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the windows couldn't be opened. Two small towels for the whole room, which was very small. Will not stay there again, ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Guest_0403
Yuma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

N33 23.353 W 111 50.284
10/1/13

Motel 6 Mesa – Country Club Dr. #0378
We have stayed at this motel a few times over the past year. Most have been OK but the last two times it has been going downhill. Our last stay on 10/1/13 was a nightmare. It started out with lots of people standing outside talking very loud until about 11:PM. One group went upstairs with more loud talking walking very hard and slamming of doors. Now this was above us about two rooms down. Next was about 2/ AM someone in the same area started something that sounded like a motorcycle or race car. This went on for about 45 min’s. All was good until 5/ AM when the people above us two rooms down started yelling at each other again, walking hard and slamming doors.

There is no way the office could not have heard the first group talking or the motorcycle or race car running at 2: AM. When we checked out we brought this to the girl’s attention.

Years ago we would stay at the Motel 6 on Main St. Mesa until it got so bad that we moved to this one. There is something about the neighborhood. There is another Motel down on Country Club and Main that keeps the lobby doors locked.

Emry & Virginia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emry L
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mesa North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Emry,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The noisy conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a train wreck! I admit, I was sucked in by the price but it wasn't worth it. The carpet wasn't vacuumed well, the AC wouldn't keep up with cooling the room, the "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarettes, the blanket had cigarette holes burned through it, there was only 1 towel I the room to share with my wife, the TV channels were not much more than static, and the bed was very uncomfortable. We were going to stay 2 nights but the following morning I went to the front desk to cancel my next night stay. I advised the desk of the problems and they simply said "Sorry".

At least I got my money back for the night I canceled.

Room Tip: Don't try to save money by staying here, it's not worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale R
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mesa North, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Dale R - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the bedding conditions, carpet cleanliness, odor and bed comfort issues you encountered in your room. The issues you experienced are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Tempe, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checked in on Thursday July 4th, front desk clerk was okay. Went to my room and there was NO remote for the TV, was a regular queen room NOT a deluxe as I had booked online, only had 1 towel, hand towel, and washcloth (but booked 2 adults), my sons keycard didn't work so he went to have it rekeyed but because his name (he was the 2nd adult) was not on the room she would NOT rekey his key and he was out in 100 degree weather from midnight -5am when I returned to the room!!!!!!!! Then the next night my car was ransacked and even though there was security and a high presence of Mesa PD the thief was able to get away with my registration and insurance cards!!!!!! Hmmmmm something doesn't smell right because my car was in the view of not 1 but 2 cameras (that they said only the police could view BUT DIDN'T)!!!!!!
Will I stay at this motel again......ABSOLUTELY NOT. Overall score : 2