“A park bench would have been better” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Mesa North

You added Motel 6 Mesa North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Mesa North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   336 West Hampton Ave., SR 60/Superstition Frwy at Exit 179, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
running springs
“A park bench would have been better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Having stayed here a few times in the past and knowing all motel 6 are pet friendly I suggested this hotel to other family members as we were having a family get together for a week. I booked months in advance a total of 3 rooms with all 3 rooms together. 1 room with 2 beds and 2 pet friendly rooms. they told us there should be no problem. when we arrived we were told there are no 2 bed bedrooms near the dog rooms so we had 1 room upstairs and the 2 dog rooms several doors apart. Now for the fun part, the room upstairs were spider webs ALL over the room! The first dog room smelled like something died there and the sheets and blanket had stains. Both families booked other hotels ASAP. OUR room seemed OK until the second night. A woman on drugs or just crazy started screaming and banging on our door at 3 A.M. After calling the front desk it took them at least 10 min. to remove her. Then until we unplugged the phone we kept getting hangups. Our family members will never again trust us again on booking hotels for them and I don't blame them. I have vowed NEVER to go to any motel 6 again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

It has been 41 years since my last stay in a Motel 6. It was in Las Vegas and the cost was eight dollars a night. Of course it is more now and it is still affordable today. I just needed a clean room and shower and some AC. I feel they provided that for me with no bells and whistles. This was a convenient location being right next to a freeway. They provide coffee, however I never got to try it because I left early. I would recommend this motel 6. I saw they have a new remodel they will do nationwide that looks very impressive.

Stayed April 2012
Coquille, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I chose this location because it was close to where I was renting a UHaul truck and near where I had stuff in a mini storage and it was close to Sky Harbor. It was a great location for what I needed for a couple of days, and it was close to places to eat and good place for a beer in the Goathead Tavern. It's a great place to sleep, and shower and clean up when you are taking care of other things in life. Would stay again if I need to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Booked through booking.com & requested non-smokig room. When I arrived, I got smoking. Was told they were sold out & couldn't give me anything else. Had no choice because I already paid & thought we could tough it out. When we got inside the room it smelled so smoke ridden. We thought we could get use to it, but couldn't sleep because of the over whelming smell. The hotel didn't provide shampoo & conditioner even though it's supposively a 2 star. Room was very worn, enamel on the sink & tub were thinning & discolored. It made these areas look very dirty, old & questionable. My friend even wore flip flops in the tub to just take a shower. The pillows were flat, there was no amenities of any kind, such as a basic clock in the room. We were placed near the pool, but it was so noisy it continued past 10 pm & people were running around very early morning banging on doors, etc...I barely slept 3.5 hrs. When I turned in my keys, the receptionist asked about my night, I told her it was not good. She asked for more details & told her about our smoking room. I explained we had asked for nonsmoking. She blamed the booking site for incorrectly assigning. I told her I had the confirmation paperwork indicating nonsmoking from the booking site. She apologized but didn't give me a resolution for the horrible experience. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was NOT worth the amount I paid and the star rating should be a half star. Maybe my experience probably would have been different if I was given what I had requested. They should not be telling booking sites they have particular rooms available when they actually do not. My choice in hotel would have been different.

• Stayed March 2011
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

The rooms were clean, Tina at the front desk went above and beyond to ensure guest happiness. For only using the room to sleep in at night, it is perfect. Noise was not too bad, but several cars use the parking lot at night to drive around in and play loud music.

Stayed March 2008
Dunkirk, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price; rooms are small, furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6

• Liked — price the week ends
  • Disliked — not fun, no wifi, no breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

Price is what this place is all about, 89.60 total for three people for two nights. Stayed in room 138 a double and a twin. Beds comfortable. No odor, no human hair problems, everything clean. We only used it for sleeping, in bed by 11:00pm and out of the room by 7:30. It is suited for this purpose perfectly. Not really directly on Country Club. You turn on to a service road that parallels the freeway. My GPS got me close but a small motel 6 sign on country club with an arrow pointing the way saved me. Did not use the pool but it looked fine. Did not use the ice machine. Did not go to lobby for coffee. Get more towels when you check in. Room doesn't have enough for three people. Cigarette burns on tub. Smoking is a nasty habit.

• Liked — near an amusement park
  • Disliked — the traffic on country club drive
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Mesa North? Share your experiences!