“Very nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1563 South Gilbert Road, Mesa, AZ 85204 (Formerly Hampton Inn Phoenix/Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Bellevue, United States
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was great and the staff were wonderful. The lobby was decorated nicely and the rooms were very comfortable and decorated nicely. I enjoyed the large bathroom and the great breakfasts. We would stay in a Best Western Plus again if we have a chance.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Molly C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Arlene, thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, the large bathrooms and great breakfast! Thank you for the comments on the staff. Providing excellent customer service is a priority to the property. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sharp metal on bed caused injury. Beds uncomfortable. AC noisy. Toilet paper and tissues not soft. Odor from carpet/room. No concern for safety of guests. No first aid available. Band aid provided from housekeeper's cart.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Molly C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review and I apologize for any issue with the metal on the bed that caused you any problems. We appreciate all comments and will make sure to rectify any issues in the room and take care of any odors. Again we thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will take care of all issues.
Carson city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has the best, most friendly people working there. The location is extremely convenient. We always feel like we have returned home when we arrive. The regular staff knows us and goes out of their way to make us comfortable. There is a restaurant next door, so we don't have to leave the parking lot. We look forward to our next trip there and go as often as possible.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

William, I love to hear we are your home away from home! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For the money, I thought the room was very nice. The decor was updated and the room was clean and free of any stains or general wear and tear. I stayed at this hotel for three days. Had I been there only one night, I probably would have given it a higher rating. Like others have said, at night there are patrons from the neighboring bar/restaurant who tend to gather in the parking lot. Made me concerned for the security of my vehicle and safety of myself.

Another time, I pulled up to see several squad cars and a forensic van at the front door. Five doors down from my room, the police had a big fan blowing into a room, and there was much activity going in and out. Incidentally, I had seen this big fan blowing into a room about 8 doors down from my room on the first day I arrived. The receptionist told me that someone had committed suicide. After seeing some of the people standing outside this hotel smoking, I have to wonder if there is a high rate of drug overdoses at this hotel. Creepy, when I realized what that fan was about. If not for the parking lot and deaths, I probably would have rated this much better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

We needed to find a hotel because of all the rain that we got on Sunday. SRP was going to be shutting off the power in our area so I called the hotel to see if they had availability and that I needed a pet room. I spoke with Shannon, she was very polite and compassionate when I explained my circumstance. The staff was extremely professional, accommodating, friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable to sleep on and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the review we are sorry you had to find a hotel due to the storm but glad we had the opportunity to welcome you. I am so glad to hear Shannon showed you our commitment to provide excellent customer service. I am so glad you enjoyed the bed and the breakfast and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Arvada, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

Every staff member was friendly, but Tammy C at the front desk was especially professional, courteous, and helpful. By taking an interest in me and providing first rate service, she helped me feel at home during a prolonged visit.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Molly C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Jack, thank you so much for taking the response to post a review and acknowledge the great service provided by Tammy. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

This hotel isn't the worst you'll ever stay in and it has quite a few good points. But little things (listed below) add up. Bottom line -- There are better hotels in the area at comparable prices. Keep looking.

- Dicey neighborhood. Police activity in parking lot 2 or 3 times -- one of which involved search helicopter.
- TV remotes didn't work. They have "clean remotes" (that are cleaned between each guest). Good idea - except useless if the remote doesn't turn the TV on, control the volume or change channels.
- Walls are super thin.
- Highway noise can keep you up at night.
- Tremendously noisy A/C unit.
- Easy chair in room is rock hard.
- They advertise newly renovated rooms but bathroom decor hasn't changed much since this was a Hampton Inn.
- Paint peeling badly around bathroom doorframe.
- Shower and sink drained very poorly.
- Squeaky bathroom door - missing a hinge.
- Missing cover on bathroom ceiling light.
- No soap dish in shower.
- Ran out of tissues - housekeeping didn't replace. Had to get more from Front Desk.
- I was not happy that the Front Desk gave another guest my room number when calling them about a noise complaint.
- Found bug crawling on my bed.
- Security latch missing on door. Called Front Desk to have replaced.
- Window 3/4 blocked by the hotel overhang - pretty much like not having a window.
- Called Front Desk to have TV fixed in morning. Wasn't fixed when I got back in evening - had to call again.
- Breakfast - Poor quality food and not replaced in a timely manner. One morning they were out of eggs before 7am which weren't replaced for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile saw employees helping themselves to breakfast while guests waited for food.
- Hinged trash can lids breakfast area are too small -- In order to get trash to go in and stay put, you had to touch the lid - which always had food gunk on it. Either they need to have open top trash cans, or, get covers that work better.
- Business Center - Printer broken
- Exterior needed sweeping and could use some landscaping. This hotel is right off the highway in a sad little center dominated by a parking lot.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the highway side. But beware, if you get a room on the parking lot side, make sure t...