“Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

This hotel was the easiest hotel ever to reserve with. The people were very friendly, the area was quiet and the rooms were super clean! I really enjoyed my short stay here and I will be recommending this location to friends and family. Thank you!

Stayed May 2008, traveled solo

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I just want to do my part to help someone’s travel not start on the wrong foot by staying at this Days Inn. When we first arrived we went to check in and right away felt like we were bothering someone by checking in. Yes we did arrive a bit late around midnight but there’s not much we could do about it. After getting to our room I found they must try and save money by turning off the AC units which is completely fine but when you get in late and just want to sleep its annoying having to wait for your room to cool down from a hundred degrees. As I now see with the other reviews I am not the only one that noticed the weird stains and smells of their newly renovated rooms. The pictures do not reflect the real hotel. Finally my trip ended by me accidently leaving some jewelry in the room I might as well have just thrown it away. I started calling about when I got to the airport about 3 hours after leaving the hotel. By the time I realized it I didn’t have time to go back and get it without missing my flight. I understand it’s my fault by leaving it but for the manager not to call me back after repeated messages over the course of a few days is just not acceptable. After about four days he actually answered the phone and just said it’s my fault for losing it and sorry but his housekeeping staff is trustworthy. The bottom line is if you’re planning a hotel stay in the area look somewhere else and if that doesn’t work sleep in your car and save yourself the headaches and waste of money on the so called hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

This hotel was acceptable. It's drawback is the fact that it is not in the most attractive location- on either side is a deserted parking lot which makes it seem to be in a bad location. But our room was fine, clean and comfortable with recently updated bathroom, new wider extended shower curtains (nice). The lobby /breakfast area is very small with only two tables so there isn't much room for breakfast but the breakfast itself was the usual donuts, bagels, etc.- enough to get the morning started. The staff was pleasant and helpful enough. This is not a hotel meant for extended stay, but for one or two nights if you are interested in exploring the Apache Trail area/ Superstition Mt., Sonoran Desert, etc. It is on a convenient roadway to those spots. I found it to be adequate. Just don't expect fanciness or a great view from your window.

• Liked — cleanliness, convenience, comfortable room
  • Disliked — unattractive location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel recently. Let me just say....it looked ALOT nicer online than in person. This hotel is very run down. It is in a major need for a renovation!!!! When we arrived at our room, it smelled like a dirty auto shop!!! The bathroom had a nasty bath tub/shower and shower curtain, and a vent that was about to fall off the ceiling. The bedroom had several holes in the walls that had been patached up, but not painted over to match the rest of the walls. The smoke alarm was falling off the ceiling as well. I know that this was a Days Inn, but this was unexcusable. We will not stay here again!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2006

The rooms were under renovation. We got a renovated room. Not impressed. Clean with the usual musty smell. Small, poorly laid out. There was a new microwave and refrigerator but not much room to move around in the room without bumping into something. I don't know what they were paying for the renovations but they got ripped-off. Door had wide opening at the bottom and it was improperly hung so that you had to slam it to get it to shut. It seems like all of the doors were like that. Locks were flimsy and safety was not a priority. The bed was just OK nothing to rave about. Hotel supplies were sparse. No shower caps, no mouth wash--but a nice sign that said they had additional items at the front desk. Why do I have to ask for soap, shampoo etc.? It should be in the room. The towels were thread bare. The complememtary breakfast was horrible. Cheap junky danish. The same cereal (2 types) Coffee was a small Mr. Coffee machine--coffee was horrible. Fruit was small soft over ripe apples. The same stuff every day. I didn't expect a goumet breakfast but this was just plain cheap. The location was good for where I was planning on visiting but I definitely wouldn't stay here again nor would I recommend it. Management seems very inexperienced.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn East Mesa? Share your experiences!