“Clean, affordable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Clean, affordable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We needed a place to stay for girls weekend and trip to sun splash. Hotel was convenient, breakfast was included and we had made to order eggs and french toast. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff is very nice and professional. The room, hallways and outside are very well kept. Bed is comfy and furnishings modern. The lighting is fantastic. Internet worked super. A peaceful atmosphere throughout. It is affordable. Plenty of parking. Convenient to shopping centers. I would highly recommend and will stay again. A+++++++++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed everything! The guest rooms and lobby were recently renovated in December 2012 and we have received positive feedback about the changes. The team of associates here at the hotel is incredible to work with and thoroughly enjoy taking care of our guests. Thank you again for your recommendation, I look forward to seeing you again!
Duarte, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everything was great.
Front desk was super nice and courteous.
Room was very clean and modern. It looked like it had been recently remodeled. Memory foam mattress. Flat panel TV. Mini-fridge. Coffee maker. Comfortable couch. Room was a decent size.
I didn't use the swimming pool, but the pool looked clean and well maintained.
In the lobby there is a bistro and a Starbucks. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby.
Free parking. Parking lot was clean and well lit at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The friendliness and true desire by the staff to ensure our stay was great was amazing. They treated us royally. They went above and beyond our expectations with bottled water when we arrived and even helped with a meeting room and phone to do help us with a teleconference for our group.
I stay at lots of hotels and clean computable rooms are just the price of entry, making me feel at home with great staff truly makes the difference. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I am in the area. Now if all Marriott properties could learn from this location it would be great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am thrilled that my team was able to provide assistance to you and your group during your stay. Helping our guests achieve that balance of managing to work successfully and feel at home on the road is one of our goals! Thank you so much for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Rochester, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed at Marriott's that were much nicer. It was very clean, but that is the best thing about it. The bed was so bad it almost pitched me out of it (because it was so soft and bouncy) when I rolled over to get up. Very poor nights sleep because of it. We were in town overnight for a wedding. I had to turn the AC off for a little while because it was so loud, but only for a little while...110 outside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel as my team and I take pride on providing a friendly and clean stay to all of our guests. I am sorry to hear that you found that the mattress was not suitable and that you had concerns regarding the air conditioner, especially with our summer temperatures here in Arizona. It is certainly our goal that our guests have a good night’s sleep when they stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and hope that you will remain a loyal Marriott traveler.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

In line with most Marriotts, the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was very good, the pool was wonderful (especially when it was 110 outside). But the best part was the Staff. They treated us royally. They were friendly, helpful, courteous and eager to please.

Had a great lobby area for socializing. We had slides to go through from the past and found a corner that we were able to view them in a couple hours time. Booths for breakfast had little televisions in them that allowed us to see the end of the Tour de France every morning or catch up with the morning news.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat while in the Mesa area.

Room Tip: Three floors and elevator is in middle of long hallway. If being close to an elevator is important...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your great comments about our associates! We do feel that they are our greatest asset and they genuinely enjoy working with our guests.

Our new lobby was designed exactly for your needs! The perfect design for socializing, some great modern technology and of course wonderful food and beverage options from The Bistro to go along with it!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was in Mesa for an overnight stay and chose the Courtyard because usually you know exactly what to expect. In this case, the price was decent - $68. The location is kind of odd, not too much around the area. Curb appeal is nice, well kept and clean. My room was on the first floor which I hate due to the inevitable stomping that will occur overhead. The room was clean, but oddly the maid had left a full gallon container of industrial tile cleaner sitting smack in the middle of the bathroom tile floor. The tin foil safety lid had been removed and was lying next to the container. Directly behind the container just above the tile baseboard was a large spot of mold. Apparently the maid got distracted and just left the container behind. It was, however, hard to miss. This location sports a bistro in the main lobby, but the man working there was in over his head. When I walked up to the counter, there was a young woman waiting for him to make her order - two sandwiches. He acknowledged me and told me he'd be right with me. I could see this was going to be a while, so I took a seat at the closest table. After about 15 minutes he still was working on the order when another customer approached. He also acknowledged him. After finishing the order, he then proceeded to wait on the customer that came 15 minutes after my arrival. After that, he took my order. All in all, I waited over thirty minutes before he even took my order. All I wanted was a beer and a bag of chips. I certainly would not attempt to use the bistro again for even a drink. The noise factor in my room was loud. The adjoining room's tenants could be heard clearly - no soundproofing here. Street noise was tolerable, but the stomping overhead coupled with the loud conversation and laughter from the adjoining rooms was difficult to cope with. I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa on your recent visit to the area. I am sorry to hear that your visit with us did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your experience. I understand how critical our time has become these days and I thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete this feedback on our hotel and its services as these are truly learning opportunities that I share with our team regardless of level of satisfaction.

I apologize that our housekeeping team left a cleaning solution behind in your room in error. We pride ourselves on our cleaning standards and this is not typical of our housekeeping practices. As well, our Bistro servers have a great reputation for quick and friendly service and I regret that you did not have a positive experience on your visit. Rest assured that we will revisit our training standards and scheduling to avoid this situation for future guests.

It is unfortunate that you were disturbed by the guests in the surrounding rooms; however, I hope that we were able to respond to this matter in a timely fashion if you shared this with the desk.

If I can be of any assistance to you or if you would like to speak with me in person regarding your visit, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I truly hope that this recent experience does not dissuade you from choosing Marriott in the future for your upcoming travels.

Patricia Gaukel, General Manager
480-461-3000

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa? Share your experiences!