“Price is right!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Price is right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice clean hotel in Mesa. Good location, close to lots of things in Mesa including shopping. Very clean swimming pool, well heated. Property is clean and well maintained. Breakfast was okay, same as at many other hotels.
This was a family get together for a memorial service. At time of check in we had a hard time getting our rooms close together. I told the check in clerk I was very disappointed and she made it happen for 4 rooms but not with a smile. She also told me she would give me the Internet rate but the rooms are actually more expensive because they looked out over the pool. One of the rooms was in a breezeway with no view what so ever. My sister had requested adjoining rooms since my 91 year old mother was with her. She did not get it because it was a "internet reservation". Other then the check in clerk everyone else was very friendly.
We stayed for 3 nights and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our property. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and the inconvenience caused to you and your family. I know it is important to keep the family close together when traveling. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you under better circumstances. Please feel free to contact me directly next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Kathy Hay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chester Basin, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in 5 hotels on my recent trip to Arizona, this one was hardly memorable.
The location is very good, close to lots of things in Mesa. Hated my room location right on top of the rear stairwell not even close to the pool although there seemed to be plenty of those rooms available, this is a fairly large property. The room itself, bone dry soap dispenser, light bulbs blown except 2 , not very clean, it seemed like no one had used this room in quite awhile. On the bright side, a very helpful maintenance man came quite quickly to rectify the problems. Every ice machine was broken on the entire property the day and night I was there although it appeared at check out that some machines were up and running again. No tropical feel to this hotel as it was at Best Western Papago in Scottsdale, rather bare with no ambiance, I could have been in any city anywhere, certainly didn't feel like I was in the Southwest ! The lone front desk clerk was very polite but obviously over worked, he was there very long hours, there at check in one afternoon, overnight and still going the next afternoon, any labour laws there I wonder ?? I felt for him. For the price I paid I suppose I was satisfied but would not return to this hotel in the future, ground floor room would have been my preference, definately ask to stay away from the stairwells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I appreciate your staying with us and bringing these issues to my attention. I apologize for the ice machine being broken the room location and for any cleanliness issues you experienced. I am glad to hear our maintenance and desk staff made a favorable impression. I have taken the necessary steps to assure future guest will not find the same conditions. I assure you that we work hard to prevent our guests from the experience you encountered. I do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you. I know you have choices when traveling and hope you will continue to be loyal to the Best Western Brand.

Galesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We were in Phoenix for a wedding and this hotel is very accessible to all areas of Phoenix. It was clean, the pool was great, the breakfast was more than just continental and Kathy in the breakfast area even told us how to get to "local" places and sites to see....all staff were very helpful and professional. The hotel is on the older side but clean and functional!

• Stayed November 2012
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your choosing to stay as well as your kindness in writing the review. I will mention to Kathy that her directions were good. I look forward to seeing you the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Eagar, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. This is a very large property. The rooms are clean and well maintained. We did not partake of the breakfast because of a misunderstanding (on our part). The breakfast room is not laid out very well for handling the number of rooms on the property and at first look does not have adequate seating. We decided to skip the free breakfast and go elsewhere. Our mistake. They have a conference room adjacent to the breakfast room they open up to handle the volume. Other guests told us the breakfast was excellent. We extended our stay by a day and the front desk arranged that without any problem. Nice pool, well maintained, and at 10:00 pm the pool area goes quiet. Plenty of parking even for 18 wheelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are planning on expanding the area soon. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Mesa.

Buffalo, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were here for one night only; check-in was very smooth, good room everything worked and everything was clean. We had no complaints. Breakfast was a nice surprise with more than just the usual bagels and cereal.Chrisopher at the front desk in the morning was very polite and helpful and got us checked out with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We do our very best to make sure every guest experience is like yours. I will let Chris know you mentioned him in your review. I hope you will come and see us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The motel refused to refund my prepaid room amount as they wanted to charge me a $100. Incidental deposit.

I contacted Travelocity and they stated the motel charged my card and the motel stated travelocity did it.

No resolution to this issue.

• Stayed October 2012
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very sorry you chose not to stay with us due to our policy of a valid credit card or cash deposit at check-in. This is a common practice at many properties. Travelocity sends us only pre-paid, non-refundable reservations using their credit card for payment. They charged your card at the time of booking. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent hot breakfast! The front desk person tried to help us find the restaurant we wanted...seemed to be very new to Mesa...so couldn't help too much..even though he went online. We did find another restaurant that we thouroughly enjoyed..probably more than the original one!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
visamo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We appreciate your time and consideration. I hope to see you again the next time travel brings you to Mesa. Glad you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant.

Kathy Hay

Been to BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn? Share your experiences!