“Last minute needed a place to stay overnight” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #45 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“Last minute needed a place to stay overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After coming back late and finding that the gate code where I was staying did not work and my host apparently turned off their phone I needed to find a place to sleep for the night. Howard Johnson was near by so I went there. The motel is old and the room was pretty shabby but it was clean, the a/c worked and the price was good. I probably would not book an extended stay there but under the circumstances it was just fine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
johnie g, General Manager at Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Thank You for the review are rooms are clean and up to date should try out our weeklys specials thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is STILL advertising a continental breakfast, when they only offer coffee, orange juice and tiny muffins.
Upon entering my room, I saw a pretty sizable hole in the back wall.
There was no TV remote, ice bucket or coffee pot, although there WAS a coffee maker! When I asked for a remote, I was told there wasn't any because the former owner took them and the new owner hadn't replaced them yet.
When I asked for a late check-out since I wasn't sure if I would be needing to stay another night, I was told there was an $11.00 charge to stay 2 hours later. When I asked if that money would go towards another night if I decided to stay, I was told "no".
Here I was dealing with the issues the former owner had caused, but the new owner was not willing to make adjustments.
The one positive thing I can say is the lady who works at night couldn't be any nicer. She was always smiling and friendly.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello maam I do apologize for the incovience I make sure our rooms are clean and well maintain again I do apologize.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

everything about this stay was really nice, pleasant, and restful. the room was very large, comfortable, the A/C worked great, the pool was great, the clerks behind the desk were very helpful, I will definitely be returning this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank You Sir for the great review please come again soon

Been to Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert? Share your experiences!