“Last minute needed a place to stay overnight” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
“Last minute needed a place to stay overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After coming back late and finding that the gate code where I was staying did not work and my host apparently turned off their phone I needed to find a place to sleep for the night. Howard Johnson was near by so I went there. The motel is old and the room was pretty shabby but it was clean, the a/c worked and the price was good. I probably would not book an extended stay there but under the circumstances it was just fine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is STILL advertising a continental breakfast, when they only offer coffee, orange juice and tiny muffins.
Upon entering my room, I saw a pretty sizable hole in the back wall.
There was no TV remote, ice bucket or coffee pot, although there WAS a coffee maker! When I asked for a remote, I was told there wasn't any because the former owner took them and the new owner hadn't replaced them yet.
When I asked for a late check-out since I wasn't sure if I would be needing to stay another night, I was told there was an $11.00 charge to stay 2 hours later. When I asked if that money would go towards another night if I decided to stay, I was told "no".
Here I was dealing with the issues the former owner had caused, but the new owner was not willing to make adjustments.
The one positive thing I can say is the lady who works at night couldn't be any nicer. She was always smiling and friendly.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

everything about this stay was really nice, pleasant, and restful. the room was very large, comfortable, the A/C worked great, the pool was great, the clerks behind the desk were very helpful, I will definitely be returning this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert

Address: 1625 E. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85203
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Mesa
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Mesa/Gilbert Hotel Mesa
Best Western Mesa
Mesa Best Western

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;