“Still Need to Avoid” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Mesa, Arizona
“Still Need to Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is STILL advertising a continental breakfast, when they only offer coffee, orange juice and tiny muffins.
Upon entering my room, I saw a pretty sizable hole in the back wall.
There was no TV remote, ice bucket or coffee pot, although there WAS a coffee maker! When I asked for a remote, I was told there wasn't any because the former owner took them and the new owner hadn't replaced them yet.
When I asked for a late check-out since I wasn't sure if I would be needing to stay another night, I was told there was an $11.00 charge to stay 2 hours later. When I asked if that money would go towards another night if I decided to stay, I was told "no".
Here I was dealing with the issues the former owner had caused, but the new owner was not willing to make adjustments.
The one positive thing I can say is the lady who works at night couldn't be any nicer. She was always smiling and friendly.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

everything about this stay was really nice, pleasant, and restful. the room was very large, comfortable, the A/C worked great, the pool was great, the clerks behind the desk were very helpful, I will definitely be returning this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Just so you know I have never written a review in my life because it takes allot to get under my skin so Where do I start, me and my g friend went to mesa for a wedding, so we really were only in the room at night. When we first arrived to are first room the first thing that hit me was the smell, cigarets reeked through out the room I could barley breath, then I looked at the chair and there were holes all over it from someone using it as an ash tray second was the wall it was peeling away from the wall no joke iv never seen a wall in such a bad condition .I felt unsafe to sleep under it ,next was the bathroom the toilet seat had a crack across it so if you used the bathroom you would either get pinched or be ridding the bowl next was the outlet's yes multiple outlets were hanging out of the wall so after all that you think it wouldn't get worse but it did I tried taking a shower there were no towels in my room and even after calling the desk I still had to track down a maid who by the way only spoke Spanish.I said can I have a towel please and she said Coffee !!! In a confused voice so I just grabbed them myself off her cart .that was the first 10 min.then I noticed are neighbor was going in and out in and out and bringing different people with him every time felt very unsafe . I went to the desk and complained and was put into a different room that was a little better in the way that it was non smoking and wasn't treated like an ash tray there was still no towels the toilet clogged every time I Used it after the first night I woke up to my new neighbors yelling at there kids at 7am no joke I was going to call the cops or CPS , iv never herd someone treat there children so bad . On top of all that there continental breakfast consist of a small blueberry muffin and a small glass of orange juice second morning there was no orange juice and the Hispanic employee who was cleaning the area was in my way to the muffins and when I tried to poor myself orange juice he said "no" I asked excuse me he said the same thing only in a more stern and pist off voice, I asked are you going to refill it he said "no more " when there was still an hour and half of b fast left so unless you like the worst of the worst or drug dealers or want a bad please to take a dollar you know what stay here

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert? Share your experiences!