“The worst place ever.......” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at the Howard Johnson Mesa while on business, it was close to where I had my meeting. The room was clean and everything worked great, the TV got good reception and the wireless was easy to connect to. The only comment I have is, the area around the hotel is not the best. But to remedy that, they have video cameras all around hotel. And the staff does watch the property. The reason I know this, is because shortly after I checked in, I went out for a meal. When I got back, my room key didn’t work. Within 2 minutes the guy who checked me in, came down and let me in. When I asked "how do you know I was having trouble with the door" he said I was watching on the cameras. I thanked him for coming down so quick. But later I thought to myself, it’s good the hotel is monitoring what goes on. Makes me feel safe. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the place to anyone looking for a good clean and safe place to stay in Mesa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Gilbert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked the Howard Johnson for one night last minute. I priced a lot of hotels in the area and this one came in near the lower end of the price range. I wasn’t expecting much given the low rate. Check-in was quick. The room was great! Really an eye opener. Extremely clean and spacious. Clean bathroom as well. No complaints about the room. Housekeepers were so friendly and incredibly hard-working too. You could just tell by their mannerisms they really enjoy their work. The neighborhood was a little sketchy, but that’s not the hotels fault.
Overall I had a great stay and would recommend this to anyone! Don't be thrown off by the other comments, this place was great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We were to stay Here. Went to check in. Staff is personality-less, hotel in BAD AREA, scary place. They boast dog friendly and ARE NOT. We cancelled our reservation and got the heck out of there. There are many other hotels in area. Find a different one that is in a safe area. This place is seriously scary.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert

Address: 1625 E. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85203
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Mesa
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Mesa/Gilbert Hotel Mesa
Best Western Mesa
Mesa Best Western

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Mesa Gilbert, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.