“Good, Authentic Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 790 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Description: Welcome to Macayo's Mesa, located at Baseline and Dobson! We're one of many Macayo's family owned and locally operated restaurants. We celebrate Happy Hour Mon-Fri from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm with $3 off appetizers and $3 drink specials. When You're Hungry for Tradition! Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00am - 10:00pm
Midlands
“Good, Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had the california chicken sandwich with fries and it was excellent! The chipotle ranch was yummy! They brought out 3 bowls of chips & salsa for 5 of us and the service was great. Reasonably priced and a good selection. They have an extensive margarita selection and if you bring a cup purchased from there you get a discount on them. They also had a "Cheaper by degrees" menu where you get a discount of what the high temperature the previous week was; e.g. 112F = $1.12 discount.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Great Bargain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have eaten here many times and have always enjoyed our dinners. Last night we tried the Happy Hour upstairs. OMG! The appetizers were half price! We ordered four appetizers for five people and we were all stuffed. The Wings were spicy and full of flavor. The Mini-Chimis were rich and just delicious. The Nacho Supreme was decadent with lots of guacamole and sour cream and it was so-o-o-o good. The kids loved the Taquitos. We brought our special glasses so the Margaritas were half priced. We shared all the appetizers and had a wonderful meal for very little money served in very pleasant surroundings.

Visited July 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“I guess it was New Mexican cuisine that I've been wanting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant tonight after reading some of these reviews about the spicy salsa.The food was very good and both of the salsas did not disappoint. With their smokey, spicy rich chilli flavors along with the onion and garlic taste to back it up. I ate the whole bowl of chips and salsa all by myself and then came the main course.

I decided to have a chimichanga and with the help of the server and chose one of the many that they have to offer.

Very good food with wonderful flavors in a comfortable setting and the prices weren't bad either.

I will be going back. Thanks for the great food and the full belly!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“This place is ok, not super awesome, but a good atmosphere....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is ok, not super awesome, but a good atmosphere....

I would eat here again, but look for other places first. the food was fine, and service was ok the times I visited here, but nothing great.

Visited October 2012
Macayo M, Guest Relations Manager at Macayo's Mexican Kitchen, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make each guest experience exceptional. What can we do to make your next visit "super awesome"?
Dallas, Texas
“Average food, nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

it was very nice sitting by the lake to eat. The food was average. The salsa was flavorful but not at all spicy by anyone's standards. The "special" margaritas had no tequila in them that I could taste. I got the spinach/fish tacos and they were really very good, although I expected them to be fried and they came out grilled (the server didn't bother to ask which one I wanted). The guacamore you mix yourself at the table was good, but not great (needed lime, and we had to ask for it). Reading the reviews, I'm not sure if we hit them on an off night, but I suspect not.

• Visited April 2013