“Enjoyed it last year - total disappointment now!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #343 of 748 Restaurants in Mesa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Enjoyed it last year - total disappointment now!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place was phenomenal last year when we showed up in tow with my parents for early dinner. The foot was great, the service just okay but we totally enjoyed ourselves.

Based on that experience my husband and I went back this year. Awful is the only word I can use. The place was PACKED with people who apparently were there for the Early Bird discounts. I guess management has decided to cater to the low cost crowd and it showed!!

The appetizers (crab stuffed mushrooms) were very good as were our salads. The entrees were deplorable. My seafood in a cream sauce was all cream sauce and it tasted like someone had used condensed cream of chicken straight out of the can and added a couple of shrimp and scallops. My husband's fillet and lobster looked amazing but the lobster was tough and when he bit into the fillet he realized that the meat was bad (and I mean it had gone past expiration date) and spit it out.

We then realized that the bread basket we had (if you moved the napkin from the inside) was coated with someone else's sticky cocktail sauce.

Upon taking our bill to management to address the situation we were treated like hooligans whose express purpose was to rob the joint.

We volunteered to pay for our drinks, salads and appetizer (as that was all that was edible) and the manager still grumbled that it was the waitresses fault that our basket was dirty - never addressing the quality issues with the main courses.

We won't ever go back!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
“Total disapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have gone to this establishment for the last 10 years, recently we went back. when we walked in the bar area, I cheerfully said hello to the server/bartender and she said i in a real low voice looking at us as if we were putting her out by stopping in. She was not at all friendly and very slow to wait on us. We were the only ones in the room and the only people she had to wait on. In the past the food was excellant and we raved about it as one of our favorite places. This time it was terrible. very small salad,the side of vegetables consisted of 4 small pieces of a carrot and one small piece of broccoli, the filet was cold and almost looked like it had been microwaved we asked for an adjustment and were told. since we ate some of it nothing would be done about it. Do not waste your time. saw some reviews before we last went on the computer and could not believe the negative reviews since we had been there before. What a change, this place sucks!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Puyallup, Washington
“No service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Arrived at 6:00 P.M. with an 8:00 P.M. Concert to go to. At 7:22 still no entree. We were ignored for 20 minutes before someone took our order. No idea on the food, never got that far. Left to go to the concert.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tempe, Arizona
“Best kept secret category”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I recently enjoyed my first meal at Pier DE Orleans restaurant in Mesa, heavy emphasis on the word "enjoyed". I have lived in Arizona for nearly 25 years, most of those years in Mesa. I have driven by this restaurant countless times and never gave it a second glance. I am not a seafood eater, nor am I a Cajun food eater. I assumed therefore, that there was no demand for me at the Pier DE Orleans. I was wrong. A friend of mine casually mentioned the "all you can eat rib special" to me recently. By the way, it is the "all you can eat ribs for $9.95 special." They also have one of the best fish fries in the valley, also $9.95. I don't eat seafood per say, but deep fried white fish is a different story. I went, along with my son, 1 daughter and her friend. My son, my daughter and I each ordered the all you can eat ribs, which actually turned out to be called "riblets" on the menu. I didn't ask any questions, thinking that "don't ask, don't tell" might be expanded to this place until after dinner. They were not a rack of ribs, they were the end of racks or random sections, all I know is that they were delicious. I am good sized, at 6"2"/ 215. I did not finish the first helping of riblets. I could have, but was full too early. The special comes with salad and baked potato. My daughter who is a pipsqueak, but a big eater didn't make the first plate either. My son, who is much bigger than me ate and ate and ate and ate. The menu is of course, Cajun and seafood, but several homestyle dinners are there as well, at prices under $10. I plan to make several return trips to get a better assessment, including the meatloaf, fish fry and several others. The service was very good. I went again on Sunday night, after church, with my friend, Don. I had already eaten. He had the shrimp dinner, jumbo shrimp, salad, baked potato, bread, etc. I had coffee. The service was excellent. If you have never been, you should definitely go and try it. Good atmosphere, good service, good food, good price. It is clean and quiet.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Pretty good food, service OK, but erratic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Pretty good food although with a little bit of herky jerkey service. Our second visit, and the food was good although our server seemed to have a bit of difficulty in getting our order correctly delivered to our table. OK option for seafood in the desert of Arizona. We like the escargot - guess there aren't a lot of places in Mesa for this option! Pretty safe choice - like a lot of places sometimes are better than others. I'll return.

• Visited November 2012