“Poor Service and Food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 790 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Best Local Barbecue in the State of Arizona. Smoked meats that make your mouth water; side dishes that are never ending; and a friendly staff to boot! Come on down to taste it for yourself!
Eagan, Minnesota
“Poor Service and Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We went on a Thursday night. Waiting over 10 min to once we were seated to even get a menu. Waited 1/2 hour for food. Ordered the three meat meal, the Turkey was really bad, beans were cold and did not get the corn. The manager was gracious and did take the meal off of our bill. Stick to the pulled pork, ribs and brisket, they were good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kalamazoo, MI
“Great Ribs, Uinque Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had the ribs. Great! Shared the large, 12, could have probably shared the small, 6, with all the sides. Unique, fun, "down home" atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa, Arizona
“Very good barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have eaten here 3 times and everything was very good. The peach cobbler is to die for. The cornbread is also very good.

• Visited February 2014
Mesa
“Still looking for Real BBQ.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food & atmosphere are unique. One of the better places in Mesa. I was spoiled with a place in the Midwest & I still have not found what I like here. Too much of a Western Texas influence here in Mesa for my taste.

• Visited December 2013
Winnipeg
“Ultra disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Used to be a fave, but after 2 disappointing visits, I doubt we will return. Restaurant was uncomfortably chilly. Many patrons went to their cars to get jackets. Upon taking our order, the server told us they were out of baby back ribs and another kind of ribs. People!This is a rib joint!! Server told us if we wanted to leave, she would not charge us for our beverages. She never suggested alternative dinners. Frankly, I think she wanted us to leave. Very disappointed, we decided upon other choices only to be told they were out of our favorite horsey potatoes.! We waited about 25 minutes for our dinners. They are supposed to serve us complimentary warm cornbread with our drinks but we never got any. As she was giving us our dinners, I asked for the cornbread,which we now had to eat with our meals. I asked for a double order of endless sweet potato fries, so that I wouldn't get the second order after I finished the meal. I never got them at all. The server was quite abrupt with us and she was the only server in the entire restaurant and it was very busy. My companion's brisket was tough and thickly cut when it should have been fork tender. She left most of it. When a young busser-type person came to clear the table, she never asked my friend if anything was wrong with the brisket. She didn't even ask if she wanted it wrapped. to take home. My catfish was lukewarm. The $2 bloody mary's had to reordered because she never brought them. My companions were so disappointed, they left measley tips. I was embarrassed that I had recommended Waldo's to them.

• Visited February 2014