“Great NY style food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Phoenix
“Great NY style food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

I went to the Salt and Pepper this morning for a quick brunch by myself. It had a quiet, calming atmosphere with a great decor. Very nice theme. I was immediately seated, and the waitress was prompt in making sure I had something to drink while I looked over the menu. It was fairly busy, but the manager made the time to come to my table and sit with me. He was very nice, and even answered my curious questions. I chose the banana and pecan pancake special, which was delicious, and it was out almost right away. During my short wait, I noticed that the staff was really friendly and personable to all the other customers. I'd definitely recommend this establishment to others, especially if you want that East Coast vibe when you're stuck in the west.

redbull620
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

When I first walked in I instantly notice the tile on the floor. It is a black and grayish pattern that looks unique and complements the name salt and pepper. The wait staff was quick and had good knowledge of the menu. I went in for breakfast and it was fairly busy yet after I ordered my food only took about 6 minutes to get out on the table, in the mean time the bottomless coffee kept me going. I ordered the green chili and swiss omelet it was the special of the day and it was amazing. I really liked the restaurant and recommended it to anyone who is in the mesa area you will not be disappointed.

Phoenix
“Great new restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

The first thing you notice when walking into this restaurant are the beautiful black floors. The entire restaurant is black and white and is tastfully decorated. They only serve breakfast and lunch, renting out the facility for various events in the evening. My husband and I along with another couple stopped in for their grand opening breakfast. I had the ham and eggs with a side of hash browns. The ham slice was so big I had to share with my friends. It was juicy and tender. Eggs were cooked to order. The breakfast also came with pancakes, which were delicious and not huge. They were approximately 3" round...just enough. I have to say that the coffee was excellent also. Prices were very reasonable. This is a great place to stop and eat whether you're getting out of Phoenix or coming in since it's located on the main strip in Mesa.