“"Oh, yum," hubby said...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 747 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
“"Oh, yum," hubby said...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Grabbed the Living social for this joint but didn't read the fine print (good Mon-Thurs, no holidays, blah, blah, blah) That's okay because I want to come back...

The decor is unpretentious. Blue and yellow walls---very cheerful. Blue and yellow chairs... some artwork on the walls.

The service was A+ Our server Allie was a sweetheart, attentive but not intrusive. She, along with other servers kept our coffee cups full.

The food: "Oh, Yum," hubby said, as he dived into the Crying Pig. It's a bacon, sausage, onion, and swiss cheese omelet. He offered me a bite, "Oh, Yum, and how!" The flavors danced together so beautifully. Hubby loved the tiny jam containers, Dickinsons, I believe. He even told Allie how cute they were. That you could make tiny tarts in them. This didn't sound like my hubby at all. He was also giddy when the bill arrived in a tiny Coke glass. It's the little things...

I tried the Deli Benedict, Eggs benedict with a thick slice of salami instead of canadian bacon. Flavorful, loved the sauce, could detect tiny hints of lemon. I'm a nut for well done hash browns. Can never get them done enough...crispy all around. Allie said, "Oh, you want them, "All the way through." I said, "Yes," knowing they'd come like the usually do at other places. Kind of burned on top and mushy inside. Well, they arrived perfectly well done. All the way through. These guys get it, they really do. Wish I'd taken a photo---it was such a thing of beauty--and tasted even better going down. Total cost with tax/tip--about $30.

Bottom line, this "Oh Yum," place is now at the top of our breakfast list. Great food, fun atmosphere, and top notch service.

• Visited April 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent and very clean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent food and service and cleanliness. As in the previous review try Gary's Croatian loaf which is fabulous. Kind of a modified quiche with spinach, onions and garlic. My husband had the eggs and sausage patties and it was delicious also.

• Visited March 2013
Alberta, Canada
“Eggs Anyone? Oh yeah other stuff too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a brunch type spot when we noticed the now open sign here, so why not? The owner said they'd been open 5 weeks.

It's a nice compact menu with variety enough for everyone, featuring eggs and egg creations as well as pancakes and waffles.

Highly recommend the creation Gary's Croatian Meatloaf very fresh and extremely tasty. The lox and asparagus were also a hit as were the waffle dogs.

It is expensive but good food is worth it. Definitely worth a change!

Mesa, Arizona
“Hearty breakfasts -- with eggs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

And what would you expect from a place called "Over Easy"? (Though I am sure they will let you order them other ways.)

This is a local chain with four stores in the Phoenix area -- this one in east Mesa just opened a couple months ago. We waited to let them get settled and get over the "opening jitters" before we tried them.

The place gives a very light and open feel -- done in sunlight yellow and sky blue with matching furniture. it was a bit noisy, however between the music and the acoustics. The place was about 3/4 full when we got there at 11:00 on Saturday morning. They have a small outdoor seating area equipped with a few picnic tables. I asked a manager about whether tehy allowed dogs in the outside seating and he said they probably could accommodate them during the week when they were less busy (I ot the impression that they actually hadn't thought through that question before.)

Their meals were very hearty -- two people could probably share a breakfast -- especially the chicken-fried steak and eggs with country potatoes that I ordered. The steak must have been a 12-ounce cut. My wife ordered an omelette with sweet potato tots (interesting twist; she liked them). We both took boxes of leftovers home. The prices were high (most breakfasts were $8-10, and coffee was $2.50), but the quality was excellent and if two can share one breakfast it is a very good price. the service was excellent, they were friendly and always ready with coffee and anything else we needed.we'd go back, but not when we are looking for a light, inexpensive breakfast.

• Visited March 2013