“Riblets - a different dish” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #199 of 789 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
greeley, CO
“Riblets - a different dish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have eaten here perhaps twice a year for the past 5 years. It is a typical Applebee's. The service has always been good. While they don't give separate checks, they have always given separate totals so my fellow patrons and I can easily pay our own checks. I have had the riblets the past few times. A different meal than ordinary ribs. Perhaps a little too much sauce for me (I prefer the ribs dry with sauce on the side). My companion had a chicken salad. I guess it was good because she ate it all. I like the raspberry lemonade.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I don't mind Applebees like some seem to. We are on vacationnand decided to use up a gift card at the Applebees near our hotel. Our server (Robert) was fabulous. We both ordered the parmesan chicken and he kindly suggested if we ordered from the "2 for $20" menu we'd save $2 AND get a free appetizer. Of course he'd also already talked me into ordering a 20 ounce beer instead of a 12 oz. because it was "only $1 more". Hey -good salesmanship and I certainly could have refused.
I don't know how they managed to cook those chicken breasts so tender and juicy, but our meals were delicious. I would definitely recommend this.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa, Arizona
“This was the worst experience I've ever had at an Applebee's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Normally, we love going to Applebee's, but we won't be returning to this one. Last night was the worst experience we have ever had at an Applebee's. We got there at 4:30 and it wasn't until 4:46 before a server even came to our table. We ordered an appetizer and two burgers. The burgers came at 5:16 (46 minutes after being seated!) and one of the burgers was burnt. I mean black and hard, not just over cooked. The appetizer was apparently forgotten, according to our server. He put the order in again and it finally came. A large portion of the servers were just standing around in groups of 2 or 3 chatting, instead of taking care of their guests. When we mentioned to our server that it had been a long time before our order was taken, he went and got the order sheet and told us we didn't know what we were talking about and that we were wrong. We finally asked to see a manager (who we never saw on the floor until we asked for him - usually they are out on the floor checking/talking with the guests, but this one never came out of the back). To his credit, when the manager came, he comped our burgers when we told him what had happened (or hadn't happened that should have). The whole atmosphere in there was solemn. I heard two servers reassure guests that the food was fresh and not heated up. Where'd that come from? Anyway, I love Applebee's, but never again at this one.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Basehor, Kansas
“Fantastic burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hamburgers are absolutely some of the best around. I had the black and bleu burger (hold the blue cheese crumbles) and it was soooo good. Our waiter was good too. We almost always have good food at an Applebees.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Sensational Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a late date on a weeknight. We chose to go to the Applebees on S Alma School Road because it was close to my hotel. I am not a fan of Applebees and actually haven't been in one for the past 4 years. I am so glad he picked this one because the atmosphere and the staff was fantastic! We ordered drinks and an appetizer. I thought both were very good. The staff was phenomenal. We had a waitress but also 2 other employees kept coming and checking on us. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone!

• Visited December 2013