“Questionable Charges” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #426 of 790 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
“Questionable Charges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We decided to check out this place in between soccer games over a tournament weekend. The atmosphere was great and I ordered the habanero burger which was excellent. Others in our group ordered sliders and a salad. The waitress was nice but rarely came to the table to refill drinks or bring the salad dressing for the salad. I had to drink from my husbands glass until she came back. I ordered a Jägermary (bloody made with Jäger instead of vodka) which was just OK. When I received the bill I noticed I was charged $4.something for the bloody and another charge of $5.55 for the Jäger. When I asked the server about the charges she told me that this is the way it was done. She also told me that a virgin bloody is $4.something then they charge for the cost of the shot if you would like booze with it. So basically it was a $10+ Jägermary which was only OK. Moral of the story is, do not order a Bloody Mary from here if you're expecting to spend $5-6.

“Great food at a big sports bar and grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great place to eat or drink. The TV screens are huge. My favorite part is that you can have a conversation and hear each other. Best of all is the food because Jim is a great cook. I love the asian slaw that can be served as a side with anything. The steaks are quality, and if Jim ever serves meatloaf as the special of the day, order it. Warning - habanero burgers are uber hot!!!! Wait staff is freindly and on top of it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Decent atmosphere, great food, killer happy hour.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Jim (owner) happily slaves away in the kitchen while his wife dutifully tends bar. Great atmosphere for couples, singles or family, the food is some of the best I've had in regards to the "bar" variety.