“Vacation in Phoenix” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 W. Holmes Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast Bundle For You!
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
“Vacation in Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Love Gloria & Matt in the Executive Lounge! Will definitely stay at this Hilton location again. Very clean accommodations and very professional, helpful staff! Went to Phoenix to visit our son and vacation. This location best served our needs. Convenient to most everything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Christine J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear kgrlakeoftheozarks,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here, and will be sure to pass along the kind words to Gloria & Matt. We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy, and we hope you will think of us again in the future when visiting Sunny Mesa, Arizona!
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Bishop, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great hotel if you have to be stuck in Phoenix AZ. The outside air was unbearable but the inside of the hotel was cool and refreshing. I would stay again if I ever HAVE to go to Phoenix Az. again. I would not willingly go to 119 Degree weather unless I was hog tied and kidnapped.

Dear Marvin T-
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I agree, it is very hot outside these days - and our Engineering team works double time to keep the inside nice and cool. I will share the great feedback with them. Thank you and again, and if you do find yourself back in the Valley of The Sun, I hope you will keep us in mind!
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A nice hotel, with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and clean rooms (a Hilton standard), and a nice bar area for eating after work, as well as a sitdown restaurant. The air conditioning kept the rooms pleasantly cool (not clammy) in the middle of a Phoenix heatwave, which is saying something. Note for the allergic - like many hotels of this grade, pillows and bedding contain down. However, the staff was wonderfully helpful in removing these items and replacing them with non-allergenic materials, and I spent my time without much sniffling or wheezing.

Dear Barbara F-
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you stayed cool and sneeze free while here! We strive to ensure every guest leaves happy, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future when visiting the Valley of the Sun. Thank you again!
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

About to end my week stay in this hotel and Im glad I chose the Hilton. The place was clean and the staff that I encountered were very friendly. From the front desk to the bartender to housekeeping, they were always happy to help with a smile. I am a former resident of this neighborhood and when I come back to see my friends I will be staying here again. The only thing I would suggest is to let the pool open till 11 or 12 on Friday and Saturday.
P.S. Before I got to post this my lock malfunctioned on my door. Front desk and the maintenance man were very quick to resolve the issue. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear jesseleiby,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that everyone you encountered was friendly and helpful, we strive to ensure every guest leaves happy and I am glad that was the case! I am also glad to hear the only issue you ran into was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. We hear the remark about the pool being open later, but unfortunately the area we are located has a noise ordenance of 10pm, so we have to close it at that time. I apologize for this inconvenience, and hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future while visiting your old stomping grounds. Thank you again and have a great week!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the preferred hotel for my husband's company because their office is close, so when we were moving to Phoenix we stayed here often. It is set up like an Embassy Suites, and the rooms are for the most part that style. It has always been clean and has good service. If you are a Hilton regular, this is a typical Hilton property. The breakfast is good. The pool is nice, not over the top resort, but good balance of resort feel in a pool that is big enough. It was never too crowded when we have stayed here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear sandic1968:
Thank for taking your time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you get the chance to come back and see us again soon.
As always if there was anything else we could have done please do not hesitate to contact us as we greatly appreciate all feedback.
Alex Slingerland
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Checked in and the person at the front desk, Alex, not only helped me with my check in, but also noticed I had a bad headache and gave me some Aleve. Later that evening she even came by the room to check on me to see if I was feeling better and told me if there was anything her or her staff could do to let her know. Had dinner at the bar and the Filet was Amazing! The potatoes and vegetables were insanely good! Overall experience here was a 9.8! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in east Mesa.

• Stayed June 2013
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Houston2380:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure and pass you comments along to the chef as well as a compliment is always appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Take Care,
Alex Slingerland
Front Office Manager
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this Hilton in Mesa. My employer chose this hotel for our annual faculty development. My family came with me. I was not sure what to expect but was generally happy with the results. The hotel style looks like a Hyatt or Embassy Suites with an atrium. I liked the openness of the floor plan. It had some very nice modern Southwestern furniture. Lobby was inviting. The staff made the trip - Guy checked us in and Ray checked us out. They both were very personable and really tried to make sure my stay was great. I like that the staff called after a service to the room to make sure it was done well. While the room was probably 3.5 stars compared to other Hiltons, the service totally made up for it. We had a Jr. Suite that had upgrades like marble counters, soft beds, large flat screen TV and large shower. However the furniture was older and the design on the room was too. Wifi was spotty and did not support videos. However, the room was very clean and well maintained. The location was perfect for the events. Liked that the parking was so easy and right outside the door (we used the back entrance). I definitely want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Book online and get the room upgrade to the Suite. Only cost $19 more if booked online.