“Moving to Phoenix” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 W. Holmes Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast Bundle For You!
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Moving to Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the preferred hotel for my husband's company because their office is close, so when we were moving to Phoenix we stayed here often. It is set up like an Embassy Suites, and the rooms are for the most part that style. It has always been clean and has good service. If you are a Hilton regular, this is a typical Hilton property. The breakfast is good. The pool is nice, not over the top resort, but good balance of resort feel in a pool that is big enough. It was never too crowded when we have stayed here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear sandic1968:
Thank for taking your time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you get the chance to come back and see us again soon.
As always if there was anything else we could have done please do not hesitate to contact us as we greatly appreciate all feedback.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Checked in and the person at the front desk, Alex, not only helped me with my check in, but also noticed I had a bad headache and gave me some Aleve. Later that evening she even came by the room to check on me to see if I was feeling better and told me if there was anything her or her staff could do to let her know. Had dinner at the bar and the Filet was Amazing! The potatoes and vegetables were insanely good! Overall experience here was a 9.8! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in east Mesa.

• Stayed June 2013
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Houston2380:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure and pass you comments along to the chef as well as a compliment is always appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Take Care,
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this Hilton in Mesa. My employer chose this hotel for our annual faculty development. My family came with me. I was not sure what to expect but was generally happy with the results. The hotel style looks like a Hyatt or Embassy Suites with an atrium. I liked the openness of the floor plan. It had some very nice modern Southwestern furniture. Lobby was inviting. The staff made the trip - Guy checked us in and Ray checked us out. They both were very personable and really tried to make sure my stay was great. I like that the staff called after a service to the room to make sure it was done well. While the room was probably 3.5 stars compared to other Hiltons, the service totally made up for it. We had a Jr. Suite that had upgrades like marble counters, soft beds, large flat screen TV and large shower. However the furniture was older and the design on the room was too. Wifi was spotty and did not support videos. However, the room was very clean and well maintained. The location was perfect for the events. Liked that the parking was so easy and right outside the door (we used the back entrance). I definitely want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Book online and get the room upgrade to the Suite. Only cost $19 more if booked online.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Faith P:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable and I will make sure and pass your comments along to both Guy and Ray. We are currently in the process of undergoing guest room renovations to give each room a more contemporary-fresh appeal. I do hope to see you again and please feel free to inquire about our newly renovated rooms the next time you are here.
Thank you again and have a great day.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The staff is extremely polite friendly and accommodating. however the hotel facility is old and in need of major renovation. you can hear the showers and toilets from nearby rooms, TVs are old and do not always work appropriately, and airs were in the computer as two types of rooms (ie listing a room as mobility accessible when it is clearly not). Air conditioning fans are very loud.
This was ours second stay at this hotel. our first stay was fabulous. however it was in November and we did not need AC. This stay however has been a nightmare, definitely not what we expect when staying at a Hilton Hotel. our guaranteed mobility accessible room turned out to be a regular room and no other accessibility rooms were available. the gracious and accommodating staff were able to move us the following day into a nice larger room. The Lodgenet TV did not have closed captions available and the AC fan was so loud we could barely communicate. As we frequently stay with Hilton Hotels, we are grateful that the other hotels are in much better condition. the staff have been wonderful and very accommodating, but just as you cannot teach an old dog new tricks, they are also limited by the poor condition of this hotel facility. Hopefully the renovations we are being told about will rectify this situation. Thank You staff for all of your effort and service with a smile.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear dynamic8:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly apprecaite all feedback as we strive to make sure every guest has a great experience. I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced with your room accomidations but am glad to hear that our staff was able to resolve the issue and was helpful as we take all requests very seriously. I do hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area. Again thank you for the feedback and i hope you have a great day.
Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good overall experience and good value. The concierge in the executive club room was especially helpful, going downstairs to get us a paper on a Sunday morning. Will stay here every time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Riley H :
Thank you for giving us your feedback from your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate it and alway strive to make sure our guests feel valued, cared for and respected. I will make sure and pass your comments along to our staff as well. We hope to see you again soon!
Take Care,
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at our favorite hotel in Mesa and were not disappointed! Ray at the front desk, Gloria and Currin in the executive lounge and Rian and Luanna in the lounge area provided top notch service, making our return trip that much better!

Room Tip: Summer time stay towards the front or golf course side. Fifth floor has smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Payson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Phoenix/Mesa because of its location. We have stayed there many times and they are always very friendly and polite. Guy Scott was the staff member that checked me in and was very attentive and polite. He made sure that I had everything I needed. This hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Theresa B:
Thank you for giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed yoru stay with us. I will make sure and pass along your compliments to Guy as it is always appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Take care.
Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!