“Overall very good” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 W. Holmes Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast Bundle For You!
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Overall very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Phoenix so was unsure what to expect. The Hotel is very typical of some of the older chain Hotels, quite characterless and in need of a facelift to bring it up to date.

That being said every aspect of the hotel was more than good thanks to the staff who are simply excellent. The large reception area has the concierge desk to its left and some computers and gift shop to the right. Behind the lifts is the bar, which is basically a smallish bar placed right in the middle of a large space, makes the bar look lost and in many respects unwelcoming. In fact this whole area is very characterless .

The pool area although small is very nice and a real sun trap I think we counted 10 sun beds so get there early, there are quite alot of tables and chairs. Food and drink is available at the pool.

My room at the Hotel was massive with two large double beds and a reasonably sized bathroom, all the usual amenities were present in the room. My room overlooked the golf course. Every thing was spotlessly clean. One thing worth mentioning was the ability to open the balcony door to allow fresh air into the room and while its not a balcony that you can sit on it was a nice addition.

Breakfast Buffet was great and very cheap by hotel standards, in fact the food and drink in the Hotel was very good value and the food was very tasty.

This hotel is far from perfect as it desperately needs to be brought into the 20th century, it really does need to be updated.

Where this hotel exceeds in every aspect though, is its staff. Simply 'excellent'. Every single member of staff that we encountered was polite, friendly and genuinely seemed pleased to see you. The Hilton chain have got this spot on at this hotel and others in the chain could learn from them here.

The lovely room maid who always greeted you with an enthusiastic 'morning' the reception, concierge and restaurant staff all brilliant. Special mention has to go to Tyler Hancock (Concierge) and Ray (Reception) what an asset to a hotel. Thank you.

I am unable to comment on value from the room charge cost as this is a company booking, so my rating is based on our food and drink experience.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Golf Course, the air-conditioning was, seriously, very noisy so I kept my cu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine J, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Paul W -
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience for your recent stay at our hotel. We truly value our guests and their feedback. I am so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and that our staff truly impressed you. We hope you consider us again in the future and that you have a great weekend!
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is modern well maintained , rooms are large and spacious with up to date furniture flat screen tv comfortable beds ,rooms have double French doors which is good for fresh air ( not in the summer heat ), however as the hotel is next to a freeway it has a constant background noise if opened , breakfast is ok with a reasonable buffet , gym is modern clean and has good range of equipment , pool is very small but makes up for in its surrounding and has a jacuzzi , staff are verly pleasant and helpful

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Dar G-
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience and feedback with us from your recent stay at the Hilton Phoenix / Mesa. We truly value our guest feedback and I am pleased to hear you had an ejoyable stay. We value your opinion, and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future! Have a great weekend!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

You know when you go to a new town and everyone says that they go to a certain restaurant you know it is going to be good? Well when it comes to events and meetings, Mesa goes to the Hilton.

I have attended over 50 meetings and events at the Hilton and I have not been disappointed. The kitchen does a great job (e.g., dinners are not your stereotypical rubber chicken at all) and the staff are very friendly and customer focused. It is not unusual to see the Hotel General Manager stopping by to see how things are going, which tells you something. And the Hilton returns the love to Mesa, contributing to many local causes and efforts.

I have never stayed at the hotel, but British Airways puts its crews up there, which is a good sign considering all the other options they have in the Phoenix area.

Dear Joe O-
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience from your times spent at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that every event you have attended has met or exceeded your expectations! We value all of our guests, including our guests who are only visiting for an event. Thank you again for sharing and we hope you will consider staying with us soon!
Saint Paul, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Fairly nice hotel, but I was disappointed that three of the floors had a broken ice machine during my five day stay. All machines had an "Out of Service" sign posted. When I voiced a complaint, the hotel manager left me a voice mail asking for which floor's machine was broken. I felt it was not appropriate to ask a guest to provide more details. If a sign is posted, the manager should be aware of the issue. If not, at least send someone to check the ice machine on the floor on which I'm staying. A little disappointed. I will continue to use Hilton's, but will stay at another hotel in the area this week.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Matthew B-
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience from your recent stay at the Hilton Phoenix / Mesa - I am sorry to hear you did not have a stay that left you impressed. I know we attempted to look into the broken machines while you were still on property, and I apologize that we were unable to resolve it before you left. We take all issues very seriously and hope to resolve them all in a timely fashion. We value you as a guest and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we can try again to leave you with a much better impression!
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed my time there. Great customer service at the front desk and by the bellmen. Tyler Hancock was fantastic at recommending restaurants and just his general knowledge of the hotel! I didn't realize at first though that he was concierge, the first time I saw him he was just sweeping the entry and scraping berries off the ground in front of the hotel. I thought he was a landscaper or handyman. I realized later when I asked for a bellmen that that was his job too. Later during my stay I saw the other Tyler (Fox, Foxy, something like that, who was also fantastic BTW) and he was sweeping leaves and blowing leaves all the way into the gutter past the entrance and his boss had to go out and get his attention because he couldn't hear the phone over the blower. Poor fella had to jog back to her all out of breath and help guests who were getting a little impatient. (You see a lot when you take a smoke break out by the main entrance). Overall this hotel was great and you can't beat the can do attitude or customer service they provide, but maybe rethink the bellman/concierge/landscaper job combination as it comes off as a little offputting for someone who is looking for someone to be at the ready for service and not someone who has to put the blower and multiple extension cords away first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear palmctytraveler:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. It is so nice to hear that everyone from the front desk to our bellman were there to assit you. Our bellman do have quiet a few responsibilities during their down time and most of the time they take it upon themselves to make sure the front is clean and kept up for our guests inbetween when our landscaping company comes out. I will make sure and pass these comments along to the staff as i know they will be happy to hear the feedback.
Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Take Care,
Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Surprisingly beautiful lobby and property - awesome bed and great restaurant. The meeting facilities were perfect, too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone doing business in the Phoenix, Mesa AZ area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member :
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you had a pleasant experience and we hope to see you back again soon!
Have a great weekend!
Alex Slingerland Front office Manager
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The service I received at Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa was outstanding. I checked in after a long day of traveling and from the moment of check-in, Guy, made me feel at home. Since then every employee I encountered went above and beyond making sure my visit was perfect. I'm a Diamond Member so had excess to the Executive Lounge. The breakfast was not what I expected from an Executive Lounge. They gave you small dessert type plates which you are supposed to put your food on. The buffet only offered scrambled eggs, cereal, oatmeal and some fruit. I excepted more of a hot breakfast and bigger plates. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Amy M:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments on Trip Advisor for your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure and pass along your comments to the staff and to Guy as they always appreciate it. We hope to see you again in the future.
Take Care,
Sincerely Alex Slingerland Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!