“Hilton Hilton Hilton!” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 W. Holmes Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast Bundle For You!
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Hilton Hilton Hilton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Over he last thirty years I have stayed at punt less Hilton Hotels and....and read the book by Baron Hilton that used to be left in the bed side tables along with he Gideon Bibles! Whatever happened to the Gideons? Well this hotel was absolutely as the man himself would have wanted .. Service absolutely great, and this applies to all the staff.

Location wise it's okay, not too far from downtown, fairly close to the airport, loads of parking, and a shuttle to the Chandler Mall which has most retailers , there is also a small Mall opposite, but to be honest it looks very run down, which is a shame, again helpful people. Bar pleasant but decor wise a bit depressing,good gym, overall v good. Good point is you can open the windows, but trains tend to be a bit noisy. Personally I struggled in the sleep department!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Falcoflyer:
Thank you for choosing Hilton Phx East Mesa for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate the feedback and I am glad you had a pleasant experience. As for the book 'Be My Guest' that is normally in the guest rooms it is no longer a requirement for Hiltons to have in the guest room. However if you are interested in obtaining one please feel free to contact me and i will see what i can do for you. Thank again and we look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
HOUSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Not the newest but clean, efficiently run and unfailingly polite staff. Good location since I had meetings at Falcon Field. The room was amply sized, comfortable. Even though every student FFA kid in North America was on site for a confab, I could only hear them when near the atrium as they covered the main floor, in groups, moving to or planning their next activity. The included breakfast enabled me to try the restaurant on my getaway day to find a generously supplied selection, including the made-to-order omelet. Tasty and would have been flavor enhanced to my liking had i asked for Pace's hot sauce. Very satisfying stay.

Dear Jwdonj :
Thank you for choosing Hilton Phx East Mesa for your most recent stay while in the Valley of the Sun. I am glad you had a pleasurable experience overall and I will make sure to pass this along to the staff. We are currently in the process of undergoing guest room renovations to give the room a more upgraded contemporary appeal. Please make sure to inquire about these rooms the next time you are in the area. Thank you again and have a great day.
Upland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Long trip to Mesa, looking forward to relaxing in the pool and Jacuzzi with the grandson. Checked in, told I was upgraded to a delux room ( I am always told this, beginning to question what this means) with a nice view of the pool that is closed for the weekend ( was told pool area closed when I was checking in.) Nice view but also overlooking the freeway, quite noisy. I do like a quite stay, as it says in my profile. Dont get me started on this room...

Then the fun started trying to sort this out, I guess the staff wanted to have some fun at my expense. I was told by the front desk that the manager was not on property. I did not find this amusing. Just a clerk at a desk. Not concerned with my issue.

Not sure if the property is nice, all I am seeing is red.

I wanted to stay for the night, it is 11:30 pm,( update, now 12:10 and still on hold ), check out in the morining, but was at first told I would "just lose my points". I did not like this answer.

So I called the Hilton Diamond desk, where I worked thru the system up to a "supervisor". Then after an hour on the phone I was told by Diane Norwicki that I could get my points back but would have to pay more points for a Hampton down the street (we called and found out that the spa and pool were open at this property) because now I was only staying 3 nights and not four nights, which gets a better rate. I am not getting the same type of room but will pay more. (you can't pay more and get less than at the Hilton) I am tired, I think I need to rethink this Hilton status. I will use my points but I am not happy with Hilton. After all this I was put on hold, was "disconnected" and needed to start all over again. I could hear them laughing at the front desk from my room over the freeway noise.

When I went back into the Diamond desk system, another hour listening to soothing music.... when I did make contact they had no information on last call and we had to start over. So Terry Price puts me on hold for a while, when she came back she gave me the deal.... pay more points per night for a Hampton ( she says it is a better grade property) for the remaining three nights. Terry Price was doing the best she had, but I think more could have been done. This is no way to treat a diamond.(whats another 25000 points). Hilton makes getting points hard to come by and then charges more when the customer is in need. Not making sense to me.

I give up. Marriott is across the street, I think I will check it out. You should also. I say this if this is what I am to expect as a frequent traveler with Hilton having a diamond status. I wonder what experience others get when they need the assistance when traveling. They have a frequent traveler program also.

Not a 10 tonight.. Goneon and going to another hotel. Sorry for the content, it is late and I am not a happy traveler. I shall spread the word. You should also.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is overlooking the freeway, too noisy for us. dont call the diamond desk and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear goneon,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We use all guest feedback to ensure that we are correcting any areas that are needed. I am sorry that our pool was not available for use during your stay as we are installing ADA chair lifts to make our pools more accessible. I understand that you were able to discuss your concerns and frustrations with our Front Desk Supervisor, Brianne Pass, and that she was able to help you receive your points back and I was thrilled to hear that you are planning to return to our hotel on your next trip out to Mesa! Please remember to contact us directly and we will ensure a nice, quiet room away from the freeway and elevators. We will also pass on your frustrations with the corporate help desk to the necessary management and I wanted to assure you that we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to speak with you.

Round Rock TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Got descent rate but, surprise. Seemed to be an older hotel, Embassy Suite court yard style, with too many fresh coats of paint. Check in at 5:00pm was quick but got to the room with twin beds not king. I called the front desk and questioned why twins, reply we have no more kings, really please look, oh I found one please come back to the lobby. Finally got to room to login and internet $10.95 per day so used my Wi-Fi card. On the way out to dinner tried to use printer for boarding pass but printer not working. Saw other guest grumbling around the printer upon return from dinner. Photo of suitcase rack in closet looks like it’s from the 50’s. Using the flagship name of “Hilton” on this property was a major disappointment. Over the last five days I stayed at 2 Embassy suites, 1 Hampton Inn and 1 Hilton Garden with King beds as requested, free Wi-Fi, two bottles of cold water, lights and radio on when I open the door, snacks in the room, warm cookies in the lobbies and printers that could actually print my boarding pass. This Hilton falls far short of the other brands in all area, kind of a sad tired hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear hookum,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. We are in the process of room and business center renovations to better our property for our valued guests. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the printer and will have our staff look into it. We welcome any additional suggestions you have and hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Washington, Dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good reliable standard. Nothing too exciting, however it does have enormous rooms, which is nice. It seems to be an old building that's been re-done (quite nicely). Oddly, the quality of the room service food was virtually unedible (I ordered Nachos thinking there was no way they could screw it up.. I was wrong.) However, the food in teh restaurant was really really good. Odd.. normally if room service is bad, teh restaurant is bad. Not here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear W_on_the_Road,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it is very important to us. I sincerely apologize that the Nachos were not up to par during your stay. Our Director of Food and Beverage, Daron Brotherton, would love to speak with you about this if you have the time. He can be reached at 480.833.5555 ext 7110. Again I am very sorry about your room service experience and we will like to make this right with you.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Took a last minute weekend trip and picked the Hilton Phoenix East - sure glad I did. The rooms are large with great amenities, the staff was supurbe and the food in the restaurant was amazing. Just needed a little retreat and this was the perfect place to do it. Had little reason to leave the hotel unless we wanted to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mindy B,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. We appreciate your feedback as we take it very seriously. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I selected the Hilton Phoenix East for a recent visit to the area for Thanksgiving specifically because I needed a pet friendly hotel. Many pet friendly hotels have a 25 to 20 lb size limit and we have a 48 lb dog. Hilton allows this size dog and their pet fee is reasonable. Additionally, the hotel was well run, clean and rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Peggy517,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa and providing us with your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!