“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 W. Holmes Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast Bundle For You!
Ranked #7 of 55 hotels in Mesa
San Diego, California, United States
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband, three boys, and I all stayed here a few months back for a baseball tournament. We LOVED it. It's a class looking place with a modern vibe. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The gym was great. We enjoyed our time at the pool. It wasn't the biggest, ,most amazing pool but it met our needs. My family LOVED the free breakfast. My son still talks about the bacon. I must admit; it was darn good bacon. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was close to a lot of restaurants too. We would DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear JacquelynK,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am glad to hear your family had a nice stay with us. Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure our guests have the experience your family had.

We would love to have you stay with us again soon!

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business and time have found it to be very nice. There is a large self-parking lot with reserved spaces for hilton honors members, which is nice. Internet is included for gold and diamond members. Check-in was quick and easy.

Got upstairs and before even getting to my door I heard a loud group of kids in the room next door. They were very loud from the hallway. It wasn't as loud when I got in my room, but needed some sleep so I called down and asked for a different room. They accomodated me very quickly.

The exec lounge is really nice also.

Can't ask for much more, and I think the rate was under $90, albeit in the offseason.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kujay,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa for your business travels. It is always a pleasure to hear feedback from our Hilton Honors members. I am glad your stay with us was satisfactory and we hope to see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the hotel this past April, 2012 for a few nights while I attended a conference at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler (that hotel was fully booked by the time I looked for a room - luckily, this one had rooms available!) - I had a very nice and comfortable stay!

My room was very spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. You can tell its an older hotel, but its very well maintained and spotless! I thought the lounge in the main area was very classy with its water-walls and updated bar/seating. There is a cute little gift shop with a variety of items, and the pool is very nice!

The Breakfast Buffet was average - the scrambled eggs were cold every morning, but there was a good amount of selection otherwise including fresh fruit, cereals, juices, pastry, etc.

In terms of the surrounding area - I noticed that there had been some shops at one point, but they all looked closed down/vacant. It did look like there was a small mall down the street, and there were a few restaurants within close proximity.

Overall, I had a very nice stay - great for someone traveling on business!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Keyofdee,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities were to your satisfaction.

We hope you stay with us next time you are in town for business!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at while on business. As one of the few Hiltons that still offer an Executive Lounge, they offer breakfast, appetizers and drinks for their lounge guests. The gym has free weights, and various cardio machines, along with TVs and complimentary headphones for the machines. The staff are friendly and the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPhxEastMesa, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Toni C,

Thank you for your gracious comment. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and utilized the hotel amenities. I truly hope we do see you again soon!

Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because my high school reunion was held here. For the price, it is clean and somewhat elegant. You can tell that the hotel is an older hotel, but it is clean and has modern amenities. I like the way they covered the comforter with a sheet for cleanliness, so you didn't have to use the comforter against your body (from what I heard, ALL hotels don't wash but once every few months) ...

The bed was very comfortable, and this was the first time in any hotel that the pillows were actually comfortable too! I slept like a baby. Restrooms are very nice! We had access to the Executive Suite, and received free cocktails in the evening, and free breakfast in the morning.

The ONLY problem I encountered was my check-in, it took about half an hour, and I was in a hurry to get ready for my reunion. This could have happened to anyone, at any time, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

A very worthy hotel that I would use again!!

Room Tip: If you have any kids traveling with you, the 2 Queen Suite is perfect with 2 queens, and a queen sof...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear tbenn8,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I appreciate your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the longer than normal check in process. We do everything we can to get rooms ready when we have big groups in-house, such as your group. We will continue to improve this process so it does not happen again. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a response. We hope to see you again very soon.

Claremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is well maintained, the staff is efficient and hospitable, and the amenities are very good. This rates as one of my best hotel stays. I highly recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear ewcomments,

Your comment is much appreciated. I am happy to hear your stay with us was great. We hope to see you again soon!

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Mesa this past weekend. It is a nice hotel with large rooms. The only problem I had was in the shower. The shower had 2 soap dishes mounted to the wall -- one at tub height and one at a higher leve. (head high for me and I am 5'5"). I dropped the shampoo and when I went to pick it up, I hit my head hard on the upper soap dish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear travelinfoolfromaz,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa. I sincerely apologize for the troubles experienced with the layout of our shower/tub. We are currently in the process of undergoing some renovations which would include the bathroom and we will definitely take your feedback seriously. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, Gary Levine, General Manager

Been to Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa? Share your experiences!