“Experience the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 W. Isabella, Mesa, AZ 85202 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Experience the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I want to share my personal experience with everyone who is thinking about staying at a suite in Mesa, AZ. I am talking about Homestead Suites where the staff is excellent and the rooms are very nice. I appreciate especially the staff members Angel and Donna who went beyond the call of duty to help me have a comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Regina - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you were so happy with our facility. I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to Angel and Donna.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chino Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The first thing we noticed when we walked into our NON-Smoking room was that it wreaked of cigarette smoke. It was horrible! - The prior guests left Starbuck's drinks in the refrigerator freezer which means the room wasn't thoroughly cleaned before we arrived. - The bathroom floor was dirty and the door was falling apart-we had to slam it to keep it closed. We will not be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Your review of our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. To make sure this does not happen again, I am working with the entire staff to make sure that every room gets properly inspected so that nothing is missed during the cleaning process moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us improve. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mes@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in town.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night in late April 2913. It was very close to a business meeting we had scheduled for the next morning. The room was very nice and was very clean. Service at the front desk was good but his description on how to get to the room was poor - had to go back and get more information.
This is not a 5 star hotel but for the price - it was very good. For a one night stay you can not go wrong. We would recommend the Good Egg next door for breakfast - it was excellent and you get a discount by showing your room key.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff and facilities; however, we aplogize that the directions to your room were not correct. To make sure this does not happen we are retraining our staff on the proper check in procedure and making sure they know the easiest way to get to each room. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me at mes@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I will NEVER stay at this chain again! The room was dirty, grounds were dirty, laundry facility was dirty, securitylock on room door was broken - had to put suitcases against door because maintenance never responded. It was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Other facilities were booked due to spring break, MLB Spring Training and baseball tournaments throughout the city or I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. For $102.99 per night plus tax, it was a complete rip off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The non-functioning items and lack of housekeping you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am sharing your review with my entire team to ensure that these situations do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tavena@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room and especially bathroom was filthy. The tub had a low section where there was standing water - who knows what was growing in that water! The room was smaller than I expected for extended stay. Mattress was old and uncomfortable. We will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the room was musty and not up to standard. In response to your feedback, I am ensuring that each and every room is inspected and aired out as needed. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mes@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Show Low, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gross smelly outdated room, the bathroom door was nailed and screwed together and didn't close all the way. The live in attendants were loud and rude up all hours of the night, the pillows felt like they rolled sheets into a bunch of balls and stuffed them in the pillow case, I wouldn't have known the pillows were actually pillows if I hadn't actually looked myself. the smell was terrible, the location was terrible the whole experience was terrible and gross. the carpet had spots and stains the chair they had in the room had stains and spots the bed was hard as a rock, way over priced and misleading. When we asked for two beds in the room prior to our stay they said they don't have any extra beds the TV was the only updated thing in this room, no complimentary shampoo or conditioner no soap nothing it was horrible and gross!! I stay quite frequently at hotels and this is at the bottom of the list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am addressing your comments with the entire staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tavena@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There were two couples who stayed there. BOTH of us had issues with facility. Our sliding door -didn't slide. The toilet seat was atrocious--it needed to be replaced, and you see it as soon as you walk in. The beds were not that comfortable. The hotel states "studio suite". Should be "compact room" instead. The carpets really need to be replaced. The continental breakfast was a joke. There was an announcment when we checked in stating that "coming in January--continental breakfast". Really? You better eat before you go to "breakfast" We have seen some "abbreviated" breakfasts---but---. The young staff were very friendly and helpful. I did send a note to the manager, and she was responsive to my remarks and those of our companions in the other room. She pledged to improve the situation You might want to wait a month or so.

Room Tip: You might want to look at the sister hotel---Extended Stay America also located in Mesa. If you stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than excellent. I apologize that there issues in each of your rooms. I have been working with the team on communicating maintenance and housekeeping issues immediately so the proper repairs can be made. As i mentioned to you before, I realize there are opportunities for improvement at this particular property and we are working hard to improve. I appreciate your feedback so that I can work on all areas of concern and train our staff to do a better job in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again and give us an opportunity to show you that improvements have been made. Thank again for your review.
We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at oal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West? Share your experiences!