“A great overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 W. Isabella, Mesa, AZ 85202 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Surrey, Canada
“A great overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night in late April 2913. It was very close to a business meeting we had scheduled for the next morning. The room was very nice and was very clean. Service at the front desk was good but his description on how to get to the room was poor - had to go back and get more information.
This is not a 5 star hotel but for the price - it was very good. For a one night stay you can not go wrong. We would recommend the Good Egg next door for breakfast - it was excellent and you get a discount by showing your room key.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff and facilities; however, we aplogize that the directions to your room were not correct. To make sure this does not happen we are retraining our staff on the proper check in procedure and making sure they know the easiest way to get to each room. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me at mes@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I will NEVER stay at this chain again! The room was dirty, grounds were dirty, laundry facility was dirty, securitylock on room door was broken - had to put suitcases against door because maintenance never responded. It was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Other facilities were booked due to spring break, MLB Spring Training and baseball tournaments throughout the city or I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. For $102.99 per night plus tax, it was a complete rip off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The non-functioning items and lack of housekeping you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am sharing your review with my entire team to ensure that these situations do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tavena@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pinetop, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room and especially bathroom was filthy. The tub had a low section where there was standing water - who knows what was growing in that water! The room was smaller than I expected for extended stay. Mattress was old and uncomfortable. We will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the room was musty and not up to standard. In response to your feedback, I am ensuring that each and every room is inspected and aired out as needed. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mes@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Show Low, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gross smelly outdated room, the bathroom door was nailed and screwed together and didn't close all the way. The live in attendants were loud and rude up all hours of the night, the pillows felt like they rolled sheets into a bunch of balls and stuffed them in the pillow case, I wouldn't have known the pillows were actually pillows if I hadn't actually looked myself. the smell was terrible, the location was terrible the whole experience was terrible and gross. the carpet had spots and stains the chair they had in the room had stains and spots the bed was hard as a rock, way over priced and misleading. When we asked for two beds in the room prior to our stay they said they don't have any extra beds the TV was the only updated thing in this room, no complimentary shampoo or conditioner no soap nothing it was horrible and gross!! I stay quite frequently at hotels and this is at the bottom of the list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am addressing your comments with the entire staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tavena@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There were two couples who stayed there. BOTH of us had issues with facility. Our sliding door -didn't slide. The toilet seat was atrocious--it needed to be replaced, and you see it as soon as you walk in. The beds were not that comfortable. The hotel states "studio suite". Should be "compact room" instead. The carpets really need to be replaced. The continental breakfast was a joke. There was an announcment when we checked in stating that "coming in January--continental breakfast". Really? You better eat before you go to "breakfast" We have seen some "abbreviated" breakfasts---but---. The young staff were very friendly and helpful. I did send a note to the manager, and she was responsive to my remarks and those of our companions in the other room. She pledged to improve the situation You might want to wait a month or so.

Room Tip: You might want to look at the sister hotel---Extended Stay America also located in Mesa. If you stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than excellent. I apologize that there issues in each of your rooms. I have been working with the team on communicating maintenance and housekeeping issues immediately so the proper repairs can be made. As i mentioned to you before, I realize there are opportunities for improvement at this particular property and we are working hard to improve. I appreciate your feedback so that I can work on all areas of concern and train our staff to do a better job in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again and give us an opportunity to show you that improvements have been made. Thank again for your review.
We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at oal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just wanted to write this to say that I'm extremely satisfied with my stay at Homestead. First off, the woman at the front desk, her name is Angel, and she was amazingly polite and made sure everything was in order for me and made the checking in and out process fast and smooth, and because of her, I would definitely return.

As far as the room goes, it was very clean, the king bed was very comfortable and cozy, and it was very quiet. For the price, it was very well worth it. Thank you guys very much.

Room Tip: if you're staying by yourself or with your significant other, then the king bed is definitely wo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback in your post to Trip Advisor. It means so much to us as a company and so much to the staff member you recognized in you response. It really makes everyone here at Homestead Mesa feel all our efforts to make us a home away from home are hitting the mark. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again.
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

At first glance, we looked around and said, "Oh it's not too bad." Then you entered the room where there is a pungent smell of urine and cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. Ew. Oh well, with a little Glade Plug-Ins it wasn't too bad. Our first night here was pretty chilly, so we tried to turn on the heat. It smelled like something was burning, so we turned it off and sucked it up. The pans stick, literally you can't even fry an egg in their "skillet." Felt like you couldn't walk around on the carpet because they were just so filthy. You could probably sleep on the streets of New York more comfortably than you could sleep on their mattresses. The parking lot is full of sketchy individuals at night. The maid service is terribly lacking. If you're in your room, all they do is give you clean sheets and towels, we didn't even get that lucky our second week.
But on the bright side... we only killed one cockroach (Note the sarcasm. Where there's one, there are a thousand more hiding out of sight.) and you'll never have to worry about your safety because the police are ALWAYS here. (six times in two weeks- one time being about 10 squad cars, three undercover SUVs for literally over eight hours- is just too many even for a prostitute ridden scum hole like this!) I suppose the only good things are that it's right next to a highway (to aid in your escape) and they have a flat screen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is with sincere sadness that we read your review. The issues you outlined are not how we would like your experience to be remembered, and for that, I am truly sorry.

Please know that I have brought each of your concerns to our Upper Management team and addressed each individually with them. We are working to improve our property as well our systems to ensure that experiences like yours do not happen to others. As well, I am working with the staff closely to review our cleaning standards as well as ensure that all of our rooms are stocked with good, working equipment.

It would be our pleasure to show you our redoubled efforts. Should you be back in the area, please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you with future reservations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West? Share your experiences!