“Filthy, Poor maintenance, Terrible Customer Service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 W. Isabella, Mesa, AZ 85202 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in Mesa
“Filthy, Poor maintenance, Terrible Customer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I will NEVER stay at this chain again! The room was dirty, grounds were dirty, laundry facility was dirty, securitylock on room door was broken - had to put suitcases against door because maintenance never responded. It was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Other facilities were booked due to spring break, MLB Spring Training and baseball tournaments throughout the city or I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. For $102.99 per night plus tax, it was a complete rip off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The non-functioning items and lack of housekeping you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am sharing your review with my entire team to ensure that these situations do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tavena@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room and especially bathroom was filthy. The tub had a low section where there was standing water - who knows what was growing in that water! The room was smaller than I expected for extended stay. Mattress was old and uncomfortable. We will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the room was musty and not up to standard. In response to your feedback, I am ensuring that each and every room is inspected and aired out as needed. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mes@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Show Low, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gross smelly outdated room, the bathroom door was nailed and screwed together and didn't close all the way. The live in attendants were loud and rude up all hours of the night, the pillows felt like they rolled sheets into a bunch of balls and stuffed them in the pillow case, I wouldn't have known the pillows were actually pillows if I hadn't actually looked myself. the smell was terrible, the location was terrible the whole experience was terrible and gross. the carpet had spots and stains the chair they had in the room had stains and spots the bed was hard as a rock, way over priced and misleading. When we asked for two beds in the room prior to our stay they said they don't have any extra beds the TV was the only updated thing in this room, no complimentary shampoo or conditioner no soap nothing it was horrible and gross!! I stay quite frequently at hotels and this is at the bottom of the list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am addressing your comments with the entire staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tavena@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There were two couples who stayed there. BOTH of us had issues with facility. Our sliding door -didn't slide. The toilet seat was atrocious--it needed to be replaced, and you see it as soon as you walk in. The beds were not that comfortable. The hotel states "studio suite". Should be "compact room" instead. The carpets really need to be replaced. The continental breakfast was a joke. There was an announcment when we checked in stating that "coming in January--continental breakfast". Really? You better eat before you go to "breakfast" We have seen some "abbreviated" breakfasts---but---. The young staff were very friendly and helpful. I did send a note to the manager, and she was responsive to my remarks and those of our companions in the other room. She pledged to improve the situation You might want to wait a month or so.

Room Tip: You might want to look at the sister hotel---Extended Stay America also located in Mesa. If you stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than excellent. I apologize that there issues in each of your rooms. I have been working with the team on communicating maintenance and housekeeping issues immediately so the proper repairs can be made. As i mentioned to you before, I realize there are opportunities for improvement at this particular property and we are working hard to improve. I appreciate your feedback so that I can work on all areas of concern and train our staff to do a better job in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again and give us an opportunity to show you that improvements have been made. Thank again for your review.
We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at oal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just wanted to write this to say that I'm extremely satisfied with my stay at Homestead. First off, the woman at the front desk, her name is Angel, and she was amazingly polite and made sure everything was in order for me and made the checking in and out process fast and smooth, and because of her, I would definitely return.

As far as the room goes, it was very clean, the king bed was very comfortable and cozy, and it was very quiet. For the price, it was very well worth it. Thank you guys very much.

Room Tip: if you're staying by yourself or with your significant other, then the king bed is definitely wo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback in your post to Trip Advisor. It means so much to us as a company and so much to the staff member you recognized in you response. It really makes everyone here at Homestead Mesa feel all our efforts to make us a home away from home are hitting the mark. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again.
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

At first glance, we looked around and said, "Oh it's not too bad." Then you entered the room where there is a pungent smell of urine and cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. Ew. Oh well, with a little Glade Plug-Ins it wasn't too bad. Our first night here was pretty chilly, so we tried to turn on the heat. It smelled like something was burning, so we turned it off and sucked it up. The pans stick, literally you can't even fry an egg in their "skillet." Felt like you couldn't walk around on the carpet because they were just so filthy. You could probably sleep on the streets of New York more comfortably than you could sleep on their mattresses. The parking lot is full of sketchy individuals at night. The maid service is terribly lacking. If you're in your room, all they do is give you clean sheets and towels, we didn't even get that lucky our second week.
But on the bright side... we only killed one cockroach (Note the sarcasm. Where there's one, there are a thousand more hiding out of sight.) and you'll never have to worry about your safety because the police are ALWAYS here. (six times in two weeks- one time being about 10 squad cars, three undercover SUVs for literally over eight hours- is just too many even for a prostitute ridden scum hole like this!) I suppose the only good things are that it's right next to a highway (to aid in your escape) and they have a flat screen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is with sincere sadness that we read your review. The issues you outlined are not how we would like your experience to be remembered, and for that, I am truly sorry.

Please know that I have brought each of your concerns to our Upper Management team and addressed each individually with them. We are working to improve our property as well our systems to ensure that experiences like yours do not happen to others. As well, I am working with the staff closely to review our cleaning standards as well as ensure that all of our rooms are stocked with good, working equipment.

It would be our pleasure to show you our redoubled efforts. Should you be back in the area, please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you with future reservations.
Show Low, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

1-Staff was friendly, kind and accomodating...considering what they have to work with.
2-We stayed on 11/22 & 11/23. Upon check-in, there was a small fire in a room near the room we were going to be assigned to. (We requested double beds--grandson was with us.) The front desk gal apologized but only had one room left and it had a king bed. We cheerfully accepted, no huge deal.
3-The room left a ton to be desired. The room had a pungent odor of smelly underarms. How crazy, the phone cord attached to the wall was missing! I had to call the front desk with my cell phone. The tub faucet was literally leaking water by the buckets and it looked like it had been doing that for quite sometime, because there was a very rough calcium buildup on the bottom of the tub. The tub tiles were growing a good amount of mold, enough to make penicillin. The carpet needed a huge vacuuming and shampooing. The closet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. The rack in the closet had previously been pulled out of the wall and was never repaired. Then, once the closet door was opened, there was noooo closing it! Our feet stuck to the tile floor.
4-The bed was fabulous and comfy. It was as though the only thing going for the whole place was the nice bed and linens. Either the place had been remodeled (very doubtful) or someone really trashed it.
5-I gave the baby a bath (had to put the plastic floor mat on the bottom of the tub because it was so rough). The tub faucet refused to stop leaking and was noisy. There was no way we could stay in that room all night.
6-I called the front office with my cell phone (phone cord missing). They offered us the room next to that one, but it only had a queen bed. My thought was, if it's cleaner and isn't leaking... we'll take it. The front office was very nice. The queen room looked cleaner (at night) than the first room.
7- It was late and we were tired. We moved to the queen room and lo and behold...the tub only works on the shower mode (the shower pull is stuck in the shower position) lol. Furthermore, once you turn on the tub faucet or the sink faucet, again, the water leaks out in buckets. We're too tired to beg for another room. So me, the hubby and the grandbaby sleep in the queen bed. The bed was great (like the first room), but quite cramped with three of us in it.
8-We shut the bathroom door so we could drown out some of the leaking sound. There was a little less penicillin growing than in the first room. Oh, and we were able to continue to use the first hotel room to bathe the baby in and the second hotel room to shower (only) in.
9-I would hate to be paying the water bill in that place.
10-I called the front desk again (this room had a phone cord), about these issues...they said they could put us in another room the next day. By the next day we decided we were too exhausted from lugging our stuff up to the second floor and then moving it from one room to another...so we opted to just stay where we were. Our thought pattern was...we couldn't imagine that the third room could be much better.
11-We brought food and cooked (kitchenette) and that part was nice. Yes, it needed updating, but it at least served the purpose. Although there were dishes, silverware, pots, etc...there was nothing to wash them with. The front desk said they would give me a little soap, but we just went to the store and bought dish detergent.
12-The air conditioner worked well. We did sleep well because our little corner was quiet. The place is located in a decent area of town, too.
13-Through all of this, it was like a clown circus...lol...the staff was very patient and kind. I don't assume this is the first time they've had people bring up the issues of ill repair. The place is seriously in need of a maintenance man. I did see a cleaning lady and she was very pleasant. Maybe she wasn't given all the needed cleaning supplies. It was obvious that she was trying hard under the circumstances, also.
14-We've stayed at Homestead in the past, and none have been in such ill repair as this one. It was quite sad and disappointing. I sure hope that the rest of the rooms aren't a representation of the ones we stayed in. This could be a very nice place with some much needed repairs and attention to cleanliness details. To the staff, we thank you for trying. To the owner/manager, shame on you.

Room Tip: Until they step it up a notch, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you encountered multiple issues during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing your review with the housekeeping and maintenance team. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mes@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa - West? Share your experiences!