“Good price, nice decor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 - Mesa

You added Studio 6 - Mesa to your Saves list
Studio 6 - Mesa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   560 South Country Club Drive, Mesa, AZ 85210 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Dallas, Texas
“Good price, nice decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off let me say that not being available for late check-ins is absolutely ridiculous. You are in the hotel industry and people arrive at all hours and times when traveling. Corporate needs to take this to heart and make some changes. This being said, we arrived late, around 1:00am but luckily the live in manager was available to let us in. Apparently, they did call at 2:00pm but my crappy phone didn't relay the message until later. We just flew in and had a red eye flight, so that is why we had the late arrival. The first room given had no sheets on the bed but we had to phone her again and she gave us another room which was nice. The decor is very modern but it is cheaply made. The bed was ok. It was a studio and it had a fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, etc. To me it seemed like a nice motel for a decent price. It had nice landscaping and nice decor. The only downsides were the weird riffraff hanging out on the porches. It seems like these motels with kitchenettes always have weird people staying there like its their home, and not many people who travel coming to stay there. It is sad because us travelers want to have a nice cheap place to stay as well. The other downside was the unbearable smell of cigarettes in the room. It was overpowering and I woke up congested the next morning. Also, the room floor was not cleaned that well. As far as the neighborhood, I never thought it was a ghetto, it looked nice to me. Overall, it was a decent stay for a cheap price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

After my last experience at Studio 6 in Tempe (see older review) I was going to avoid Motel 6 properties forever. However, a great Hotwire price and reduced budgets -- combined with a visual tour of this Mesa motel changed my mind.

So, I opted for a stay at this Studio 6 property. I guess the best I can describe this motel is as -- adequate. This has been remodeled into an IKEA-like format, which is fairly clean and straight-forward. However, the rotten linens and not-laundered-as-well-as-should-be sheets dumps the review down. The kitchen is nice, though. No coffee maker, which should be standard even if you have to anchor it down to the counter. One unusual aspect of this room is that the flooring was synthetic hardwood. That's not a bad idea -- carpeting can get so awful in budget motels. This should be easier to keep clean, I would think.

The place was a bit loud at night, and that's probably because of the family in the next room, where the kids ran free, banging and bouncing off the wall. the motel can't control that, however.

So, i guess you could do worse. Let's see how this place holds up after a few years.

Room Tip: I'd bet the 1-story rooms (west side) are quiter and better. I was in a 2nd floor room on the...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Crestview Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Fairly nice spacious rooms, We spent 5 days there. Since it is an extended stay, we were told that the room would be cleaned every two days. Our room was not cleaned once during our stay. It took 2 days of asking multiple people to get clean towels. The garbage was never taken out. We had to go ask the office for toilet paper. we did eventually get our towels after 8:30 pm the night before we left after we were ready for bed. The power plugs in the kitchen area kept tripping off everytime we used the coffee pot or the microwave even though we never used them at the same time. There were a lot of staff on premises, but just riding around in a cart doing nothing. The lady in the office was the only one that was able to do anything for us. She washed the towels herself and stayed after office hours to bring them to us. there seem to be a lot of people that seem to live there. there was always someone standing in front of our room door every time we came in from an outing. it was a little disturbing to have people hanging around outside your door. the bed was a very modern looking platform bed but offered little in the way of comfort. the sign for the hotel was not much taller than the actual building which made it hard to locate and very easy to drive past.the room was clean when we arrived and our experience could have been made much better by just a little bit of customer service being exhibited by the staff. Maybe they should hire people that actually want to do their job.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

I stayed at studio 6 hotel I rented a room and was no disappointed. Carlos recommended it to me after I stayed at his hotel in tempe.
I was very impressed with the wood flooring and nice furniture that was provided. It was right off the freeway and very convenient to get to lots of fast foods all around it. Very easy to get to my mother and back to the hotel with a reasonable time.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

The staff including carlos was so amazing with my transition moving to the mesa area. The rooms are amazing and very modern. It is absolutely beautiful Carlos was so accomodating and the pricing was amazing. The room included a huge new bath tub. The fixtures and furniture were soooo amazing. The room even had painted accent walls, a kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. The floors were hardwood and all in all i had a wonderful experience. I would like to thank Carlos and his staff for there attentiveness

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
AtlasHMC, General Manager at Studio 6 - Mesa, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear Kendal,

I am pleased to hear that Studio 6 worked out for you during your transition. Thank you for choosing G6 Hospitality. We strive to make sure everyone's extended stay is a good one. I am happy to hear we did just that during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Kim Leonard G.M.
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

The hotel has been renovated and was very modern in terms of furniture and the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Kim was awesome and Monica at the front desk was helpful. The area seemed a little sketchy, but there were no problems at all.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Christina,

Thank you for sharing, the new renovation is up to date and trending. we look forward to your next stay. I will make sure share your comments with Monica, thank you for choosing Studio 6 Mesa.

Kim Leonard G.M.

Been to Studio 6 - Mesa? Share your experiences!