Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Mesa / Phoenix / Chandler to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Mesa / Phoenix / Chandler
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   560 South Country Club Drive, Mesa, AZ 85210   |
Ranked #29 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“One night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was visiting some friends in Mesa for a couple of days, and decided to stay here. When I came in, to check in, the staff, and manager were extremely nice, and very helpful, with any questions I had about the area. As I am originally from Tucson. After checking in, I went to my room to relax before I went to visit my friends. I walked into the room, I was impressed with the state of the room. Very clean, and smelled very fresh. I inspected the room before getting all the way settled in. The floor was very clean, the bathroom was spotless, and there was fresh clean towels and wash clothes. No rips or stains. The linens on the bed, were fresh and clean, no rips, holes or stains. Which is something that I look for in all rooms that I stay in. The room had everything I needed to enjoy my stay. I took a walk around the property to check things out. The property is very nice and well maintained. It was very quiet and peaceful. The other guests staying here were nice and very friendly. Definitely made me feel more comfortable. Which is something that I look for in a motel, that I am staying in. I would recommend this place to my friends looking for a nice quiet place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Matthew K, Director of Operations at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Mesa / Phoenix / Chandler, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
As you mentioned, we have a fantastic hotel here, and fantastic rates! Thank you so much for staying with us.
Matthew
Director of Operations

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were put into a "non-smoking" room that reeked of smoke... As I entered the room.. some guy came from the neighboring room asking me for a cigarette. We asked to be moved to another room where we were put into a room with leaking fridge and dusty headboards. Room was stale smelling and you can tell it hadn't been occupied in some time. I used my own clorox wipes and wiped everything down. The room was filthy. We were in town for a wedding. The next day it was obvious to us that people were living long term in this facility. If you look behind the property, they have old bed frames and mattresses thrown behind the building. On morning number#2, my husband found a hypodermic needle in the rock area near the bushes close to where the stairs were to our room. That was our deciding factor to leave. Talked to the manager and his comment was, "you will find needles even at higher end hotels." He also denied that people were living in the rooms.. He didn't have a response when I commented why newspapers were being delivered to rooms. So the positive of this place was reasonable price with a really spacious room.. however this low price and poor management makes this a great location for low income residents who clearly reside here. Not a safe place in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to apologize for your stay not being the perfect one, as we strive everyday to provide you the best stay possible. Your comments have been reviewed with the manager, and changes were immediately made. Thank you again!
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I find it hard to understand some of the overly positive reviews. Basic things that we expect in any motel, which the room we stayed in did not have:
1. Luggage rack.
2. Closet or rack to hang clothing items.
3. Facial tissue (e.g., Kleenex) – they do not provide any.
4. Towel rack (there are TWO sinks, but no nearby towel racks). The only towel rack is in the shower/toilet room, which might seem ok until you want to dry your hands and someone is in that room with the door shut.

On the plus side, the room was large, with a spacious kitchen area including a counter, one of the aforementioned sinks, and a mini-fridge and microwave. There’s a desk with two chairs and a reading lamp, as well as available wall plugs nearby (why don’t all motels have that?). We had requested (months in advance) an upper floor room, but were told it’s not a guarantee and none were available. But we were given a lower floor room where the one above was “out of order”, which satisfied our purposes. The room was non-smoking (the entire motel seems to be), however the room still had a faint trace of smoke – not too bothersome, though. The toilet tissue is the cheap, paper thin stuff; I recommend bringing or buying your own if you’re staying more than a single night. There’s no ventilation fan in the shower/toilet room, but there is a very small window that can be opened for ventilation – if it isn’t Phoenix Hot out, and you step into the tub to do it. The combo tub/shower is very nice, with separate controls for temperature and water flow.

The bed was acceptable; a queen mattress with a bit better than the cheapest, flat pillows I’ve experienced elsewhere. The room was quiet, being about 2/3 down from the street. Street noise was minimal, and completely covered up by the noise of the refrigerator when it cycled on (which itself is fairly quiet for a mini-fridge). But after sunrise there is a lot of light in the room, partly from the front window, but mostly from the kitchen window which had only a thin, see-through drape.

Encrypted wifi is pretty standard these days, but unfortunately not here. Wifi is unsecured and slow, usually at only 1-2 Mbps from our room. Sometimes it was unbearably slow. But it’s better than nothing. The TV -- an old non-HD tube type (that could use a cleaning) -- had a few dozen local and basic cable channels (but the channel names that appear don’t match the actual channel, so ignore those). Don’t expect to find “premium” cable channels like HGTV or Food Network here. And oddly two of the channels didn’t have audio. Hot water took a long time to reach the room, but once here it worked fine.

The initial front desk clerk who checked us in was not particularly friendly, but other staff we interacted with were better.

It wasn't horrible, to be sure, but it was below the average we've come to expect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern Cali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for one night. We needed a place to stay on our way to Tucson. We arrived late and had to be checked in through the teller window outside the reception office which didnt' speak to the security of the area. We didn't feel in danger, but it wasn't overwhelmingly safe feeling either. On the way to the room there was a large group of guys hanging out at one room and chilling around a car. It seemed like a party, but thankfully they weren't loud. I'm not sure what kind of activity was going on but it was suspicious. Our room was a good six or more doors down. My first impression of the room was that it was simple but functional and clean. We only were there for a crash pad and the shower so we didn't expect much. Little kitchen area was cute and spacious for what it was. Others have noted hairs in the bathroom, I found some as well but frankly nothing too disgusting. I was most grossed out by the bedding. While it looked fine all made up, it was conveniently folded to hide the large hand sized hole in the bedding. I pulled the comforter back to reveal various stains, I didn't want to guess what they were, one was blood. At that point my fiance told me to stop looking because then I wouldn't sleep. I ended up sleeping on top of the bed in a sweatshirt. The shower worked well but the towels were dingy and again, stained and kind of gross looking. While the service wasn't bad at the front desk, it wasn't super friendly. All in all, I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the bed and the towels, but everything else was ok. For the price, they could invest in new bedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very clean large rooms. Everything worked. Not hard to find. Lady at front desk very friendly. Couldn't figure out why there were so few people staying at such a large place. Great place and price. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Check it out if you want comfortable room at reasonable rates
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'd be happy to stay there again. Friendly lady in reception, (I'd booked on line, site unseen)
The room was clean, everything worked. Wifi was fine.
No room tips ,all are ground floor. Perfect for the budjet traveller after 14 hours on Qantas then
6 hours on the road.
No wonder I was shattered!

Room Tip: Away from the road, but I was so shattered that I would have slept though a train crash.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is perfect! It seems like the rooms used to be part of an apartment/studio complex that they converted into a motel. The room was very clean and spacious, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My husband and I felt safe and right at home. The location was perfect for the event we attended and should we go back to Mesa, we will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thank you!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Mesa / Phoenix / Chandler? Share your experiences!