“A Most Excellent Dining Experience for Downtown Mesa” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center Street
Transit: Metro bus line stops in front of the restaurant and plans for light rail expansion will run directly by the front door.
Mesa, Arizona
“A Most Excellent Dining Experience for Downtown Mesa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We go to Bike Night every month in Mesa and as we walk around, we always see the Bistro is packed, so we walk on. Last night, due to the construction nonsense, we happily found them not busy, so we stopped. What a treat it was. We feel we've found our getaway dining retreat. The Bistro is designed with the atmosphere of wonderful comfort, and appeal of old world charm. The music was appealing, as well. Our waiter treated us as though we were regulars, not new customers. The food was UNBELIEVABLE. No One does blackened Salmon that good. Not only is the food so Scumptious, but its presentation is too beautiful to want to disturb it, by eating. My husband has been all over the world and is a picky eater. I introduced him to Fine Dining, years back, and this experience truly impressed him. He cant stop talking about our experience and the food, last evening. Price? Although we felt the price point was good. Who cares about price when you experince Fine Dining at its utmost Best. We shall be visiting quite often. De La Cruz Bistro, you made our Monthly Date nite quite a memorable one. Kudos to everyone.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Lunch Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch here--had the french dip with garlic fries and my husband got the fancy hamburger, I forget what they call it, with a salad. My french dip was delicious, one of the best I've had anywhere. Fries were tasty and salad fresh--we always share our sides. He said his hamburger was "good." We had a window seat so could do a little people watching while we waited for food. We walked away satisfied. Really fancy ladies room, one of the nicer ones I've seen. And clean, too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Go Anywhere Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of the worst experiences we've had in Mesa. We had made reservations for 5:30pm well ahead of our theater show time of 7:30pm so we could have a nice leisurely meal. On arrival we we're told that the bar was closed and that only wine would be available; no martini for me. We should have left then. On greating us the waiter informed us that the Edamame was not available; something that we wanted. The salad that was delivered to us was absolutely limp with stale croutons. We complained to the manager and he replaced my wife's with out asking about mine. Our main courses arrived within minutes of the salad with the waiter's apology that he wanted to get it to us while they were still hot.. Very poor timing. My wife had ordered the Shrimp Scampi $17 and I had ordered the Seafood Medley with Linguine for $21. I looked at disbelief at my plate, the pasta was spaghetti not linguine. There were a few over cooked shrimp, clams and mussels mixed in with the tough pasta; the worst meal ever. My wife's Scampi was similarly poor with only 5 overcooked shrimp and pasta. My complaint to the manager brought a "I'm sorry" with no offer to correct the situation. Our waiter repeatedly apologized for the food quality. We'll never return to this place that has a great location near the Mesa Arts Center. If I owned the place I would fire the manager. He knows nothing about customer relations.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Consider going to Subway”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Needed meal before show. Place looked interesting. Not too busy. Well there's a reason for that. Food & service needs lot of help. Not the best Italian food by long shot. Creamy sauce like milky water. Had to ask waiter for items couple times. Food came out luke warm at best and pretty tasteless.

When didn't eat but couple bites of our dinner waiter just said guess you weren't very hungry. True, not for their food.

Seek other options in and around the area.

• Visited January 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“What happened??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ate here last week after work..they were not busy. We have been here 3x...a difft owner each time and it gets progressively worse each time. We find it odd that there are NO red sauces on any of the entrees. Anyway, my husband ordered the shrimp alfredo....no shrimp came out with it. He sent it back, it came back with 6 shrimp laying on the top of the creamy mess with tails ON. My entree came out, fettucini with rotten tomatoes...not kidding and the the fettucini tasted and looked like it was left over from lunch...soggy, sticky Chef Boy Ar Dee. They remade the dish, the tomatoes were now fresh (who puts cherry tomatoes whole on spaghetti anyway?) but the spaghetti was still of the canned varaiet, a soggy slimey mess....we asked for a to-go container and fed it to the dogs...they were not impressed. This place is a true hole and not worth your time or money.

• Visited January 2013